The single life has many perks, but cooking for one is not among them. However, that does not mean you have to switch to a pizza-based diet. While meal kit deliveries are mostly trying to be family-friendly or couple-friendly, we have discovered a couple of single-friendly gems that can perfectly satisfy your needs. These are the best meal kit deliveries for singles.
- 20 dinner recipes and 2 dessert ideas on the weekly menu
- Omnivore, vegetarian, gluten-free, low-calorie, and low-carb
- Recipes best suited for busy singles with a healthy appetite
- 8 recipes available per week; each is suitable for 1 person
- Farm-fresh natural ingredients, organic whenever possible
- Easy prep and cleanup, meals ready in just 30 to 40 minutes
- 2 single-friendly weekly menus for omnivores and veggie lovers
- 3-8 recipes, including egg-free, nut-free, and gluten-free dishes
- Perfect wine pairings with the affordable HelloFresh wine club
- Perfect for singles who want to eat healthily and cook easily
- Locally sourced ingredients free from gluten and refined carbs
- Suitable for omnivores, vegans, and people on low-carb diets
- More than 80 simple and delicious meal kits on offer
- Organic produce, antibiotic-free meat, wild-caught fish
- Omnivore, vegan, vegetarian, Paleo, and gluten-free
- Great for veggie-loving singles with an active lifestyle
- All-natural, sustainably sourced plant-based ingredients
- Suitable for beginners; meals ready in 30-40 minutes
- Certified organic, single-friendly baking kits and baking mixes
- All items are certified kosher, vegetarian-friendly, and nut-free
- Shop a la carte or become a member of the Foodstirs baking club
- Farm-fresh, pre-measured, non-GMO, and organic ingredients
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb, and low-fat options
- Customize your order with fresh groceries, drinks, and more
- 1-portion slow-cooker entrées, sides, dips, soups, and desserts
- Carnivore, omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dishes
- Shop as often as you wish or opt for the 1-person meal plan
- Curated boxes with different artisanal products every month
- Get quality Italian olives, hand-made pasta, spices, and more
- Simple, single-friendly recipes; meals ready in 30-40 minutes
The following price comparison is designed to help you easily figure out which of our top-ranked meal kit deliveries for singles best fits your budget. We have brought all the pricing information to one place, including the shipping costs and details about the companies’ delivery areas, so you can identify the perfect fit in a single glance.
Best Meal Kit Deliveries For Singles
What all of our top picks have in common is that they are currently the best on the market. Now it is time to discover what makes each of these meal kit deliveries for singles unique. Explore their distinctive features in the mini-reviews below and choose the one that best satisfies your personal needs.
Plated is a healthy meal kit delivery launched to supply its customers with fresh ingredients and save them time and money on searching for new recipes and shopping for groceries. All the ingredients come pre-portioned, which optimizes your chances of creating gourmet meals in your own kitchen.
Everything is delivered fresh and contains no harmful chemicals. You can choose between different dinner recipes and dessert options each week and opt for 2, 3 or 4 servings 2, 3 or 4 times a week.
2. Blue Apron
Blue Apron meal kit delivery provides only high-quality fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes designed by culinary experts. The company implements responsible food-growing practices and cooperates only with top-quality suppliers. This allows it to set lower price tags than most grocery stores. All of the meats are antibiotic and hormone-free as well.
Blue Apron is currently the most popular meal kit delivery service that features a wide range of delicious options every single week.
HelloFresh meal kit service is built around the idea of spending as little time as possible on meal preparation and enjoying extraordinary recipes and top-quality food hassle-free. All of the ingredients are handpicked and delivered completely fresh, alongside easy-to-follow recipes for any day of the week.
You can choose between 3 basic meal plans, including Classic, Veggie or Family, and specify the weekly number of dishes and days you want your food delivered.
4. Mindful Chef
Mindful Chef is one of the best meal kit delivery services in the UK, especially for people who need or want to avoid gluten. It provides its users with high-quality locally sourced ingredients and carefully crafted recipes that are easy to follow even for culinary beginners.
The recipes are designed to fit the needs of both omnivores and vegans and the provided meal plans allow you to choose between 8 delicious recipes each week and prepare meals for up to 4 individuals.
Munchery was launched by young parents who were sick of eating TV dinners every night and wanted to put people back into their kitchens. This healthy meal kit delivery features an impressive meal selection for special dietary needs divided into separate categories, including vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free, Paleo, organic, and antibiotic-free.
All of the meals throughout the day are covered and segmented into the following categories: meal type, cooking method, cuisine, main ingredient, special diets, and popular local meals.
6. Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is one of the few exclusively vegan meal kit delivery services. The main idea behind the company is to allow vegans to prepare healthy and varied food without having to spend a bunch of time hunting for ingredients.
New creative recipes and fresh ingredients are brought to you every single week giving you the opportunity to enjoy a multitude of mind-blowing flavors spread across 2 basic plans.
Foodstirs is an organic meal box delivery service launched to allow you to incorporate professional baking sessions into your tight schedule. All you’ll need is your rolling pin and oven and Foodstirs will provide the rest to help you create beautiful, healthy, and delicious baked goods.
Foodstirs offers its rich online shop commitment-free to all users, but you’ll have to subscribe if you want to become a member of its Baker’s Club and receive its bi-monthly baking kits.
FreshDirect is not your ordinary meal prep delivery service but a full-blown online shop for all your dietary needs. You just can’t avoid getting overwhelmed by all the delicious goodies offered on the site, ranging from meal kits and ready-made meals to pastries, groceries, and drinks.
You don’t have to worry about meal variety with FreshDirect as you will have hundreds upon hundreds of dishes at your disposal. The offer is a bit more modest when it comes to meal kits, usually hovering around 40.
9. What A Crock
What A Crock is a meal box delivery service that specializes in crock-pot-ready meals and performs all the prep work for you, so you can basically put your meal into the slow cooker and enjoy fresh and natural ingredients trimmed, chopped, and browned by professional chefs.
All of the meals are ready to be placed into your slow cooker, so you won’t have to waste time with additional prepping. You can opt for meals for 1-6 people and order 1-4 meals each week.
10. Nonna Box
Nonna Box is a meal box delivery that allows you to enjoy Italian delights by delivering the top Italian artisanal products at your doorstep. The company incorporates recipes inherited from previous generations of Italian masters and delivers them all across the US.
The company offers different subscription boxes featuring a different region of Italy every month. In other words, the company allows you to enjoy a genuine Italian culinary experience in your home on a regular basis.