If you want to improve your diet and enjoy the perks of having a team of culinary experts working to make your taste buds happy and your body healthy, we have 10 perfect solutions that are as convenient as they are budget-friendly. With our list of the best meal delivery services in the country, you can have delicious food magically appear on your table just as your hunger reaches its peak.
- Cook with natural and organic ingredients fresh from the farm
- 18 easy and inspiring recipes crafted by an award-winning chef
- Plenty of special diet options; meals ready in just 20-40 minutes
- Cook 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tasty meals per week for 2, 4 or 6 people
- Omnivore, vegetarian, low-calorie, and low-carb menu items
- Easy recipes for healthy meals that take 5-45 minutes to make
- Healthy Paleo, vegetarian, gluten-free, and diabetic meals
- Enjoy high-protein, low-carb dishes that promote fat-burning
- Pick 4 to 12 out of 30+ entrées and breakfasts on the menu
- Best suited for omnivores, vegetarians, and dessert lovers
- Nearly two dozen fresh meal ideas on the menu every week
- Choose 2, 3 or 4 tasty recipes designed for 2, 3 or 4 people
- Innovative, crowd-pleasing meals ready in 30-40 minutes
- Hand-pick 2, 3 or 4 recipes, each yielding 2 or 4 servings
- Pair your meals with fine wine from the Blue Apron cellar
- Healthy, ready-to-eat meals on your table in 3 minutes
- Nutritious, tasty, and fun-to-eat meals for the little ones
- Free shipping and attractive discounts on larger orders
- Unique options for couples, vegetarians, and families of 4
- Egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free menu items
- Easy wine pairing with deliveries from HelloFresh wine club
- Easy ordering with meal combos for different tastes and diets
- Heart-healthy, vegetarian, diabetic, Paleo meals, and more
- Packed with super-foods for maximum nutrition and flavor
- All ingredients in your delivery are USDA certified organic
- Order 2 or 3 delicious recipes per week for 2 or 4 people
- Deliveries include pre-made sauces, dressings, and spices
- Special weight loss and juice cleanse programs for vegans
- Vast range of breakfast, entrées, soups, dessert and juices
- Budget-friendly meal packs for special diets and occasions
The following price comparison is designed to help you easily figure out which of our top-ranked meal delivery services best fits your budget. We have brought all the pricing information to one place, including the shipping costs and details about the companies’ delivery areas, so you can identify the perfect fit in a single glance.
Best Meal Delivery Companies
What all of our top picks have in common is that they are currently the best on the market. Now it is time to discover what makes each of these meal delivery companies unique. Explore their distinctive features in the mini-reviews below and choose the one that best satisfies your needs.
1. Sun Basket
Sun Basket is more than just a meal delivery service. It is a personal choice platform that lets you choose everything from the number of meals and servings to the quality of the ingredients and the frequency of your deliveries. It allows you to make a gorgeous meal in just 20-30 minutes and every meal comes with a 100% happiness guarantee. The meal plans available include Chef’s Choice, Paleo, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescatarian, and Mediterranean.
2. Home Chef
Every week, Home Chef whips up a dozen of delicious dinner recipes, 2 amazingly convenient 5-minute lunches you can throw together at work, and 2 delicious add-ons, including a nutritious smoothie and a fruit basket. You can tweak your order to your preferences and choose ingredients you wish to avoid, including pork, red meat, gluten, mushrooms, soy, nuts, dairy, and shellfish. If you are watching your weight, you can opt for low-carb and low-calorie meals.
Freshly is a gluten-free meal delivery service that brings chef-prepared, mouthwatering perfection to your doorstep. It focuses on healthy eating, with protein-rich, low-carb, low-sugar meals that keep you feeling full for longer. Order 4, 6, 9 or 12 meals per week and choose from 2 dozen scrumptious entrées and half a dozen healthy breakfasts. The meals are designed to suit the needs of people on the Paleo and gluten-free diets, as well as diabetics.
Plated is a healthy meal kit service designed with convenience, customizability, and affordability in mind. Its menu changes every week and features 20 easy and inspiring dinner recipes and 2 desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth. The ingredients are always fresh, usually organic, and the flavor of the dishes is elevated with special artisanal goods that you cannot find at your local store. The meals never take more than an hour to make.
5. Blue Apron
If a healthy, varied diet is what you crave, Blue Apron can be a perfect fit for you. Every week, you can choose from 8 creative recipes for 2 people and 4 kid-friendly meals for families of 4. The recipes are only repeated once a year. You can easily eliminate the ingredients you dislike, including beef, poultry, pork, lamb, fish, and shellfish or all of the above if you are on a meat-free diet.
6. The Good Kitchen
The Good Kitchen is a perfect example of a meal delivery service that understands the needs of both adults and kids. With 4 distinct meal plans for adults and just as many plans for children, you can get as many meals as you need every week, bi-weekly, monthly or as often as you please. The selection includes around 20 chef-prepared meals and you can order multiple portions of the same dish.
HelloFresh is dedicated to quality and you can feel it in every bite. With natural, pre-portioned ingredients and easy and healthy recipes for busy couples, vegetarians, and families of 4, HelloFresh aims to satisfy the needs of the majority of home cooks around the nation. From 20-minute meals and one-pot wonders to crowd-pleasing slow-cooker dishes, its menu features all the right recipes that are going to save your time and satisfy your appetite throughout the week.
8. Home Bistro
If you do not feel like eating out but crave some restaurant-quality goodness, Home Bistro can be a perfect home-dining solution. Its meals are crafted by a chef who is ranked in the top 1% of all chefs in America, so you can expect every meal to be even better than those you enjoy at a restaurant. Pick the combo of meals that hits the spot and get a delicious dinner on the table in just 10 minutes.
9. Green Chef
Green Chef is designed for home cooks who seek a perfect combination of effortless cooking and optimal nutrition. It offers both 2-person and 4-person meal kits and allows you to choose from as many as 7 different meal programs, including Omnivore, Carnivore, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Keto and Paleo. Making sure you can enjoy maximum variety, Green Chef allows you to switch between meal programs at your convenience.
Veestro is a vegan meal delivery service that offers hand-crafted, gourmet, plant-based meals made using only fresh, organic ingredients. It allows you to order any way you wish. You can freely choose meals from the a la carte menu, opt for one of 8 different meal packs, including kosher, gluten-free, and wedding prep combos, boost your immunity with a 3-day or 5-day juice cleanse or shed a couple of pounds with its excellent weight loss plans.