If you’re looking for healthy and delicious meal delivery options, you’re in luck. In this Mosaic Foods review we will talk about one of the best meal delivery companies offering vegetarian and vegan-friendly prepared meals. The company was founded back in 2018 by two friends Matt Davis and Sam McIntire looking for a better way to eat. First of all, we love these stories where people like us start companies from scratch.
It shows their commitment and passion for healthy eating. Something they experienced as children but found it increasingly difficult to maintain in adulthood. We all lead busy lives that leave little room and energy for food. And as we all know food is the most important thing when it comes to our health. With all of this in mind, two of them started to outline the priorities pertaining to healthy eating.
Meals had to be both convenient and appetizing enough that eating them felt like something you enjoy. It’s easy to throw some ingredients in a bowl and call it a “plant-based” meal. However, sticking to the diet consisting of those “meals” is incredibly difficult. So, if we had to sum up their approach it’s balanced but healthy eating for everyone. Overwhelmed with positive feedback and a constant influx of new customers, Mosaic Foods continues to grow.
What is Mosaic Foods
Mosaic Foods delivers chef-crafted food made with whole fruits & veggies and delivered to your doorstep. The meals arrive frozen and can be ready to eat in less than five minutes. All of this makes this meal delivery company perfect for those who want to eat healthy and plant-based meals but don’t have enough time to make them. The same goes for families as Mosaic Foods also offers a very affordable Family Plan. The packages you’re going to receive are 100% recyclable.
All of their meals are full of fresh produce sourced locally and hand-cooked by real chefs in their Hudson Valley kitchen. You will get all the proteins you need and enjoy restaurant-quality meals at the same time. We have reviewed a lot of vegetarian and vegan meal delivery services but Mosaic Foods totally blew us away with the quality of the ingredients, creative menus, and flexibility of their subscription model. We will talk more about that later in this Mosaic Foods review so for now, let’s explain how the whole thing works.
How Does Mosaic Foods Work
You’ve decided you want to try out this meal delivery service but you don’t know how the whole thing actually works? Don’t worry, Top 10 Meal Delivery Services has got you covered. First of all, you will need to enter your zipcode and email address in order to check whether everything is okay with shipping. Don’t worry, Mosaic Foods ships to most major metro areas in the Eastern and Western US. Secondly, you’ll need to select meals that will be in your first box.
The food will arrive flash froze and can be ready in less than five minutes. The minimum order is $70 and you can select anything you want from their menu. What this means, in reality, is that you can mix their veggie and oat bowls, soups, and family meals to your heart’s content. We will talk about their pricing later on in this Mosaic Foods review but for now, we can tell you that one family meal serving is about $5. After you’ve finished your selection and reached the minimum order amount there’s one more additional thing we need to mention.
If you want to get free shipping, your order must be at least $100. So, they are really trying to entice you to order more of their delicious meals to get free shipping. Otherwise, the shipping fee is $7.99. So, once you’re done with the selection it’s time to move on to the next phase and that’s the final review section. Here you can choose whether to subscribe to deliveries every week, every 2 weeks, or every 4 weeks. And remember, you change, pause, or cancel your subscription at any time with no penalties or fees.
You can add special instructions and select your first delivery date before moving on to the checkout section. And once you’ve entered your shipping and other details you’re done. All you have to do now is wait for your 100% recyclable box to arrive.
What Makes Mosaic Foods Different
As we already mentioned Mosaic Foods offers very tasty meals that require almost no prep. The meals are fully prepared and flash frozen when they arrive so they require very little attention. This makes them perfect for busy people who cannot afford to spend hours in the kitchen not only preparing the food but also cleaning up afterward. Their Veggie bowls are a perfect choice for those of us who work from home as you can eat them even while you’re still working. Although we do recommend you take a break to enjoy them fully.
Another great thing about them is their selection of affordable family meals. One family meal equals four portions that can be ready in no time. We want to emphasize that one portion is just $5. Compare this to some of the very unhealthy options we usually resort to and you’ll see that Mosaic Foods is a much better and tastier choice.
This brings us to their menu. We will talk about it more in our following section but we want to give you just a taste now. Enchilada Verde Bake or North African Veggies & Couscous? Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup, Pozole Verde, or Mushroom & Truffle Risotto? The choice is all yours.
Mosaic Foods Meals
Mosaic Foods offers a very wide variety of different plant-based and protein-rich meals. Their bowls and soups will tie you in ’till the main course is ready. They are also great for anyone who is trying to lose weight because you will be able to count your calories very easily. And you will be eating very scrumptious and more importantly, healthy meals. We will go over all the options you can choose from so without further ado let’s get to it:
Packing quite a punch, these veggie bowls will take you on a journey across the world. Full of proteins and delicious whole grains with sweet, spicy and savory sauces Mosaic Foods veggie bowls are also very affordable. Especially when you consider just how healthy they are.
- Peanut Tofu Bowl – Main Ingredients: Organic Tofu, Broccoli, Pineapple, Farro, Sweet Peppers, Spicy Peanut Sauce (520 calories)
- Jerk Lentil & Plantain Bowl – Main Ingredients: Jerk Lentils, Basmati, Sweet Plantains, Grilled Peppers (450 calories)
- Chipotle Mango Burrito Bowl – Main Ingredients: Spanish Rice, Sweet Potato, Yellow Corn, Beans (530 calories)
- Moroccan Vegetable Tagine – Main Ingredients: Butternut Squash, Carrots, Peppers, Saffron, Couscous (440 calories)
- Harissa Jackfruit Bowl – Main Ingredients: Quinoa, Roasted Red Peppers, Harissa Tahini (510 calories)
Although these Family meals offer four servings, you can easily divide them up and eat whenever you like. Unleash the full power of plant proteins and boost your health with these tasty meals.
- Italian “Sausage” & Pumpkin Lasagna – Main Ingredients: Pumpkin Bechamel, Sage, Ricotta, Vegan Sausage (420 calories per serving)
- Enchilada Verde Bake – Main Ingredients: Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Corn, Mushrooms, Cauliflower (350 calories per serving)
- Penne alla Vodka – Main Ingredients: Tomato Vodka Sauce, Garlicky Broccolini, Roasted Tomatoes (380 calories per serving)
- Curried Lentil Shepherd’s Pie – Main Ingredients: Lentils, Carrots, Spinach Mashed Potatoes, Crispy Shallots (290 calories per serving)
- Sweet Potato Chili Bake – Main Ingredients: Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Poblanos, Chipotle (280 calories per serving)
Mosiac + are special chef-prepared meals that are a bit pricier but totally worth it. Six world-renown chefs have prepared six unique meals that will make your taste buds explode with pleasure. And remember all of these meals are plant-based!
- Chef Greg Baxtrom: Mac & Greens – Main Ingredients: Broccolini, Spinach, Rutabega Puree, Cheddar
- Chef Pierce Abernathy: Veggie Kebab Platter – Main Ingredients: Veggie Kebabs, Eggplant, Bulgur
- Chef Ereka Vetrini: Vegan Penne Vodka – Main Ingredients: Creamy Tomato Sauce, Spinach, Pine Nuts
- Chef Kanchan Koya: Cauliflower Tikka Masala – Main Ingredients: Yogurt-marinated Cauliflower, Turmeric Quinoa, Cilantro
- Chef Einat Admony: North African Veggies & Couscous – Main Ingredients: Citrus, Parsnips, Cauliflower, Sweet Potatoes
- Chef Pierre Thiam: Black-Eyed Pea & Sweet Potato Ndambe – Main Ingredients: Okra, Sweet Potato, Stewed Tomato
There’s nothing like a nice and hardy soup to start your day right. Or to help you get through your day or even to look forward to at the end of the day. Mosaic Meals soups are that good. Balanced, full of veggies and bursting with flavor they also pack quite a punch. Most of them are over 300 calories.
- Curried Lentil Soup – Main Ingredients: Red Lentils, Carrots, Kale, Coconut Milk
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup – Main Ingredients: Roasted Garlic, Leeks, Cashews, Dukkah
- Pozole Verde – Main Ingredients: Tomatillo, Jalapeno, Black Beans, Hominy, Pepitas
- Tomato, Rosemary & White Bean Soup – Main Ingredients: Great Northern Beans, Rosemary, Garlic, Olive Oil
- Miso Soba Noodle Soup – Main Ingredients: Shiitake, Bok Choy, Ginger, Togarashi
With a price of just $5 per bowl, these are the perfect little breakfast packages you’re going to enjoy and savor. They can be ready in just three minutes with over 10g of plant-based protein giving you the energy you need. Forget about all the junk food that’s going to take you on a rollercoaster ride eventually leaving you unhealthy and emotionally drained. Try something different, try these appetizing Mosaic Foods Oat Bowls:
- Golden Milk & Blackberry Oats – Main Ingredients: Turmeric, Pistachios Cardamom, Almond Milk
- Cranberry Cinnamon Oats – Main Ingredients: Cranberry Chia Compote, Walnuts, Almond Milk
- Veggie Sausage & Gouda Oats – Main Ingredients: Veggie Sausage, Smoked Gouda, Kale, Red Peppers
- Sundried Tomato & “Everything” Oats – Main Ingredients: Everything Seasoning, Spinach, Sundried Tomatoes chives
- Shiitake Ginger Oats – Main Ingredients: Shiitake Mushrooms, Spinach, Edamame, Egg Whites
How Much Does Mosaic Foods Cost
Now that you’ve seen almost everything that this meal delivery company has to offer it’s time to answer the most important question. How much does all of this cost? At the beginning of this Mosaic Foods review, we talked about how this is an affordable option for not just busy people or those who work from home but families as well. So, let’s go down the list and explain the Mosaic Foods pricing.
- Veggie Bowls – $8.99
- Family Meals (4 Servings) – $19.96 total ($4.99 per serving)
- Mosaic + – $10.99
- Soups – $7.99
- Oat Bowls – $4.99
When you look at these prices and the quality of the meals you’re going to be eating, it’s easy to conclude that Mosaic Foods are definitely worth it. Especially when you consider their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. They state that: “If you don’t love your meals, we’ll issue a full refund, no questions asked.” However, we’re sure you’re going to love their plant-based meals.
Finally, we just have to mention how flexible their subscription model is. You can choose whether to subscribe to deliveries every week, every 2 weeks, or every 4 weeks. And you can change, pause, or cancel your subscription at any time with no penalties or fees.
Where Does Mosaic Foods Deliver
Mosaic Foods currently delivers to most major metro areas in the Eastern and Western US. You can enter your zipcode and quickly find out if they’re available in your neighborhood. We tried using a lot of different zipcodes in different states and all of them were good. And while shipping is free if your order is over $100 if it’s not you will have to pay $7.99 for shipping.
Mosaic Foods Pros And Cons
It is time to finish this Mosaic Foods review by listing the things we liked and disliked about this healthy meal delivery service. If you’re looking to improve your diet and not pay a lot of money, this might be the perfect choice for you.
- Chef-crafted food made with whole fruits & veggies
- Fast frozen shipping in 100% recyclable packaging
- Very affordable options for singles and families
- Flexible: Change, pause, or cancel with no penalties or fees
- Meals ready in less than five minutes
- Shipping is not free
- The Family Meals selection could be better