Omaha Steaks VS Pig Of The Month BBQ Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Pig Of The Month BBQ or Omaha Steaks can better meet your needs? This Pig Of The Month BBQ VS Omaha Steaks comparison can help you make an informed decision!
BBQ Delights For True Meat Lovers
Premium Steaks, Desserts, Wines & More
Pig Of The Month BBQ offers convenient monthly subscriptions for bacon and BBQ fans. It also lets you shop its ribs, pulled meats, bacon, and sausage completely commitment-free. Enjoy all-natural, slow-smoked meat touted as the #1 mail-order BBQ by Wall Street Journal.
- Price Range: $$
- Shipping Cost: $9.95 to $29.95
- Delivery Area: 50 states
For over a century, Omaha Steaks has been providing hand-cut, natural meat of superior flavor. Shop at your leisure and enjoy juicy steaks, burgers, charcuterie, healthy seafood, gourmet meals, sides, appetizers, desserts, fine wine, and more.
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $2.50
- Shipping Cost: $17.99 *
- Delivery Area: all 50 states plus Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
*Continental US: standard shipping costs $17.99 - $21.99 (depending on order value), additional $39.99 for Hawaii and Alaska, additional $39 for Puerto Rico, additional $42.99 for Canada, additional $125 for US Virgin Islands
Best for BBQ lovers
Pig Of The Month BBQ's offer includes BBQ baby back ribs, pulled pork, briskets, corned beef, smoked chicken, steaks, burgers, bacon and sweet bacon treats, sausage, ham, and BBQ feasts.
Pig Of The Month BBQ provides premium-quality meat free from antibiotics and hormones. Its bacon, sausage, and ham never contain any nitrites or preservatives.
Pig Of The Month BBQ exclusively offers meat products.
Pig Of The Month BBQ sources sustainably raised, free-range meat. It cooperates with farms that grow animals in open spaces with adequate shelter and provide them with all-natural foods.
Pig Of The Month BBQ subscriptions are automatically renewed but can be easily canceled at the end of the subscription period. The minimum subscription period is 3 months. If you do not like commitments, you can opt for one-time purchases.
Pig Of The Month BBQ offers a 100% happiness guarantee on all orders. If you are not happy with your delivery, you should return the unused portion within 30 days with free return shipping in order to receive a replacement or a full refund.
Pig Of The Month BBQ charges a flat $9.95 shipping fee for deliveries within the continental US. Alaska and Hawaii orders come with a $29.95 shipping fee per delivery.
Pig Of The Month BBQ ships to all 50 US states.
Best for carnivores who want to enjoy a fine dining experience at home
At Omaha Steaks, you can get high-quality beef, bison, veal, pork, lamb, and poultry. You can opt for steaks, roasts, ribs, gourmet burgers, franks, brats, bacon, ham, BBQ items, and much more. However, the company does not sell animal products like organs and fats.
Omaha Steaks provides both premium and budget cuts. Its offer includes high-quality products like grass-fed, dry-aged, and Wagyu beef. All the meat is naturally raised and free from harmful artificial substances. Every meat product is hand-cut by the company's in-house buchers.
Omaha Steaks does not only deliver meat but also brings you fresh-frozen seafood, prepared and ready-to-cook meals, sides, appetizers, desserts, and wine. Meal options include gluten-free, ketogenic, Paleo, and low-sodium.
Since Omaha Steaks ships over 14 million pounds of beef alone every year, it sources its products from farms all across the country. However, it focuses on meat that is naturally grown and naturally aged. Its offer primarily includes grain-fed meat, but you can also opt for grass-fed beef. All the seafood is responsibly sourced from oceans worldwide.
With Omaha Steaks, there are no subscriptions, you can shop as often as you wish and order as much food as you need, with no minimum order.
All the items you receive from Omaha Steaks come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your order, reach out to customer service and request a refund or a replacement, whichever suits you better.
Omaha Steaks charges $17.99 - $21.99 for shipping within the continental US. The costs depend on the value of your order. Additional fees apply to shipments to Hawaii and Alaska ($39.99 per delivery), Puerto Rico ($39 per delivery), Canada ($42.99 per delivery), and the US Virgin Islands ($125 per delivery).
Omaha Steaks ships to all 50 US states, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Joe McAdams on 06/14/2019Haven’t had better brisket in a while! I was a bit skeptical at first, but I’m glad we decided to order. Haven’t subscribed yet but I’m seriously thinking about it.
- Submitted By Tim Roberts on 01/17/2019Loved the ribs, the bacon was cool but I prefer simple flavors. Could be cheaper.
- Submitted By Nick on 12/07/2019The ads were so inviting , so I tried a gift package myself before I gifted others this holiday season. Good think I did. The meat was flavorless and very small portion. I get much better quality at the local butcher. One star rating is too kind.
- Submitted By Missy thornsberry on 12/03/2019So I just called to place an order. I wanted to purchase 3 packages for gifts for my 3 children. I was told I could only order 2. That to me is absurd. You have missed out on a sale!
- Submitted By JD East on 10/17/2019I will never again order from them strictly on the basis that they use styrofoam. To be a mail order business, it is incredibly irresponsible to operate in this manner. Other temperature sensitive mail order businesses have stopped using this awful product.
- Submitted By paige A Kenausis on 09/25/2019Hugely disappointing. I loved Omaha Steaks and did not mind paying for them- up until a year ago. We invested in half of a cow- all beef, no chicken, no potatoes, no cobbler- just meat. We got 95 pounds for about $1200 which was not unreasonable for good beef. What we got was. . . meh, at best. Ultimately the meat was comparable to that of a middling grocery chain on a bad day. Maybe what Omaha Steaks used to sell is now what is labeled "prime reserve." Some of the burgers were pretty tasty (the brisket burgers), but very little else was worth even half of what I paid for it. Do not fall for the marketing, so-called deals or hype- just go to a butcher and support the local economy. Omaha Steaks is a marketing machine, and I am kicking myself for falling for it.
For over 100 years, Omaha Steaks has been one of the most popular and trusted meat delivery services in North America. Join us as we browse the shelves of its online store and discover what kind of meaty delights, decadent treats, and fine wines are included in its offer and how much they all cost in this thorough Omaha Steaks review.