Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive FreshDirect VS Purple Carrot comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.13
- Shipping Cost: $5.99 *
- Delivery Area: 6 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.13
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By Rhea on 05/03/2019Delicious! The packaging was recyclable and easy to dispose of, and the presentation of the recipes was high-quality and durable (important for those spills). The food was excellent -- in the two weeks I've had it, I'm planning to incorporate 4 of the 6 recipes into my regular rotation.
- Submitted By Dar on 04/16/2019All I can say is I decided to give this a try because a friend had a free box to give away and asked me if I’d like it. I said sure why not. I am not vegan but wow, what delicious creative recipes!!! Most of the meals we’ve tried have been delish!!! My husband and I both have been pleasantly surprised. And wow are they ever filling! I thought that for the most part meat needed to be in a meal to make it complete and filling. My only complaint is that it’s very expensive. Not really worth the cost but it is fun to try new and different things.
- Submitted By Kristina on 04/12/2019They promised that all packaging would be recyclable. It was not. My box arrived in a huge silver plasticine bag (not recyclable) AND although they promised that the "ice packs" contained a substance that is environmentally friendly, OMG! - What a gelatinous GOO !!! I had taken the packs outside on my gravel driveway to melt. Thank God I had a bucket nearby when I went to slit them open. An unctuous liquid started coming out and just sat there in an actual "pile" on the gravel. I threw both packs into the bucket and flushed them down the toilet. Then I had to take Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove the STAIN left by whatever chemical this stuff was. And last, when it came to the vegan selection, it's really limited and not very tasty. Oh, and I agree with the other person that I was so busy minding a boiling pot of beans while working with a blender and keeping an eye on the broiler. Dang - I want meals delivered that are EASY! I had a meltdown.
- Submitted By Josette Romain, M.D. on 03/16/2019I have been a vegan for many years and have been repetitively using the same type of meals, with no variety, because of the limited option offered in my non-vegan world. Purple Carrot opened my eyes, and my taste buds, to the large array of vegan food available not only locally but also from other countries. I have been using their food for more than a year now and they very seldom repeat the same recipe. I highly recommend Purple Carrot.
Purple Carrot brings you nothing but the freshest seasonal ingredients available and 100% vegan recipes. If you are on a vegan diet or just trying to eat healthily, Purple Carrot can make things simple and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Read our objective review and learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health.