Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive FreshDirect VS Purple Carrot comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $20.00
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 6 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By Jennifer Moline on 10/21/2018I have to stress I’m not a vegan, I just had to switch to plant-based because of health problems. I’ve always loved meat and it was hard for me to find anything vegan that was satisfying enough. This is my third order so far and apart from (ironically) a couple of carrots in the first order that didn’t look all that fresh when I got them, I’ve never had any problems with the service and when I told them about the carrots, they offered a full refund, which was really nice (I didn’t take it because everything else was fine). I like the recipes and the portions are just right for me, I’ll definitely keep ordering, at least until I start eating meat again.
- Submitted By Tim Wilkerson on 09/24/2018I wouldn’t call myself picky, but there are foods I don’t like and there are foods I don’t even want to try. I like Purple Carrot and I’ve been ordering for months now, but it happened more than once that I had to skip because I didn’t like all the recipes. Sure, 6 is better than 3, but I still believe there should be at least 10 recipes per week, that way I wouldn’t have to skip and spend time grocery shopping and searching for recipes on my own, which I reaaaaalllyyyyy hate. I mean, it sounds like I’m unsatisfied, which I’m not, I loved everything I got from Purple Carrot, I just think it would be better for everyone if there were more recipes.
- Submitted By Beth Reich on 09/11/2018I am a senior citizen that was given a gift of Purple Carrot after a major accident. I did not fill the gift order for months due to a subsequent major surgery. When I finally filled it, I was told , even though I only planned to get my gift box , I had to provide my credit card even though it was easy to cancel. My gift box arrived with 2 out of 3 of the meals having a major ingredient either totally or at least 1/2 rotten. I did not report this since I planned to only receive my gift box. I emailed a notification to cancel, which the company said they received, and sent in a subsequent survey. The company said they never got my survey and the steps needed to cancel were not followed, even though I had been assured these were simple. I heard nothing for 1 month, at which time I was told I was receiving a box the next day and had been charged $72 for goods we did not even like. We sent the box back and complained, but were told we had signed a contract and no reparations, let alone apologies, were offered. My husband is retired and I am barely working. I feel this is a totally dishonest and unacceptable manner in which to run a business, and would never recommend this company to anyone.
- Submitted By Michael on 09/06/2018I received my first meal kit from Purple Carrot today, and I was horrified when I open the box. Where to begin. First, the inside of the box was a soggy mess because the ice packs had melted completely, and one was punctured so the slimy gel contents coated the entire order. Second, much of the produce - the kale (yellowing), avocado (rotten and mushy), scallions (rotten and slimy), and peas (rotten and slimy) - were inedible. I wish there was an option for zero stars. Needless to say, I cancelled my account.
Purple Carrot brings you nothing but the freshest seasonal ingredients available and 100% vegan recipes. If you are on a vegan diet or just trying to eat healthily, Purple Carrot can make things simple and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Read our objective review and learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health.