How to choose the best meal kit delivery service when your two top picks both deliver only the freshest of ingredients sourced from reputable suppliers and provide their customers with amazing menus filled with delicious and creative meals?
Our exhaustive Blue Apron Vs. Fresh Direct comparison was developed to indicate all the subtle distinctions in the quality of these services and lay them out in a neat, easy-to-follow table, so you can easily decide which is the right fit for you.
- Average Price Per Meal: $20.00
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 6 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.99
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By Rachel Nobs on 04/18/2018Blue Apron has totally changed my life. The food is fresh the recipes are surprising and my family is so happy that I am cooking dinner for them three nights a week. Every year I worry that blue apron will stop sending me food, and then I don't know what I will do. Three cheers for Blue Apron.
- Submitted By Valerie on 03/13/2018Very unhappy with this company. Even after you stop your delivery, they charge you again and you get food you do not want, won't eat and they won't refund your money. Buyer beware.
- Submitted By Jess B. on 02/20/2016I've been using Blue Apron for over about two years now. It was really awesome at first, but in the past 6 months, every box I have received has been messed up in some way. I'm talking totally wrong meals, missing ingredients, cracked eggs, ingredients that don't match any of the meals in the box, etc. Basically, I've given them several chances because I did have such a good run with them but I only expect their quality to go down. It's a shame because price wise, it's as good as it gets
- Submitted By Luis Blanco on 02/15/2018Blue Apron has been excellent. We tried BA and from week 1 were impressed. The meals are flavorful, the easy to follow instructions are perfect, and the variety of cuisine is fun. We are truly enjoying the ability to prepare our home cooked meals while exploring new foods, flavors, and regions that we otherwise would have. Thank you Blue Apron!!
Blue Apron is a meal delivery service geared toward suiting your particular eating preferences, so you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing your ingredients. It focuses on responsible food and animal growing practices, which sets it apart from other meal kit deliveries. Read our Blue Apron review to discover if it is the right service for you.