How to choose the best meal kit delivery service when your two top picks both deliver only the freshest of ingredients sourced from reputable suppliers and provide their customers with amazing menus filled with delicious and creative meals?
Our exhaustive Blue Apron Vs. Fresh Direct comparison was developed to indicate all the subtle distinctions in the quality of these services and lay them out in a neat, easy-to-follow table, so you can easily decide which is the right fit for you.
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.13
- Shipping Cost: $5.99 *
- Delivery Area: 5 states
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.74
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By George on 07/02/2019We have had Blue Apron for over a year now. They have cleaned up alot of mistakes from the past - missing ingredients, etc.. Their food is very good, they know how to spice a dish and great sauces. We will keep using them. However, I have to say, there are now several competitors with fully organic food and a wider choice of meals each week. We are going to check them out. Organic food matters. If BA wants to survive for another year (I hope they do), they are at least going to have to expand their choices to 18 a week.
- Submitted By LISA on 03/23/2019I have tried many different delivery services. I love to cook and have no problems in the kitchen, however sometimes shopping and planning...well there is no time. I love that you can choose which recipes you like which meats ect. Why better than fast food and takes just about the same time. things I would like they change, less pots to clean, and tripe the veggies in each recipe; CUSTOMER SERCVICE IS THE BEST. However I wish they would not send a box unless I order, trying to remember to cancel for the week because I wont be home is something
- Submitted By Virginia Cole on 11/28/2018When I first started using Blue Apron, I was amazed! The meals were delicious, flavorful, and very easy to prepare. We slowly switched to eating Blue Apron meals six days every single week and it was all great until a couple of months ago when they started sending the shipments late and missing the ingredients. Sometimes they don’t pack a garnish or a spice which isn’t a deal breaker but I’ve missed main ingredients a couple of times as well. Hope Blue Apron ups their game since I would really hate to switch companies after such pleasant experiences in the past.
- Submitted By Jan on 09/04/2018I have been using Blue Apron for about 10 months now. The ingredients are always fresh. The recipes have been delicious. And the variety and portion sizes make BA a top meal delivery service. I would recommend BA to anyone looking to cook healthy meal options. I love BA and can't imagine what I'd do without them now. I can't remember how we cooked prior to BA. Our meal planning before BA was so blah now that I think about it. Sign up for BA and you really will be glad you gave them a try.
Blue Apron is a meal delivery service geared toward suiting your particular eating preferences, so you have a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing your ingredients. It focuses on responsible food and animal growing practices, which sets it apart from other meal kit deliveries. Read our Blue Apron review to discover if it is the right service for you.