You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Fresh n’ Lean or Home Bistro can better meet your needs? This Fresh n’ Lean VS Home Bistro comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $14.50
- Shipping Cost: $15.95-$59.95
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Eduardo Perez on 04/19/2018The food I ordered was too spicy. They should say so in their menu. All the 5 dishes tasted pretty similar, with a yellow color over all of them. They sent me a second order without me ordering it. When I received an email telling the order was sent I called them but they didn't refund the $87. You don't see about any future automatic orders when you fill the orders, You click on "View your Plans" and you click in your plan selection and select lunch/5 days, You click on "Add to Cart", and shows the price $87 and in smaller letters, yes, in smaller fonts, it reads "meal plans are charged weekly". Then you go a page to fill your information and at the button of the page is a place to click for Terms and Conditions. That is not honesty. They should say clearly that when you order for one week that you will charged for future weeks with no warning or notification that you will be charged.
- Submitted By Amy on 04/07/2018I am on my second week of the IONutrition and I think I'll need to throw some of these meals out. At first they are quite good, however, there is a unique flavor in all the dishes that, after a few days, makes you feel like you are eating the same meal over and over. I just can't face another one. If you don't mind eating the same flavored meal three times a day, then Lean n' Fresh is for you. I was trying to eat healthy while still being the lazy sack I am, but that hasn't paid off for me...yet. I will keep looking. Also, I have not doubt that the meals are healthy and the portions are quite big - but at $13+ per meal, that's pretty expensive.
- Submitted By Brandon Jones on 02/09/2018More lean than fresh, but can’t say the meals aren’t tasty. Maybe they should just offer bigger portions, I don’t think they would lose any cash and they would probably get more customers.
- Submitted By Brianna Marie on 02/08/2018Very friendly on the phone however the reps are unaware of actual macro & ingredients used. Meals arrived with not a slight difference but where they said max 40g carbs per day, they sent me well over 250g carbs! The food is very high in sugar, loaded with sodium, the meals are NOT as described at all. They are all duplicated & very poor quality. I could not eat any of the meals. I called & they refunded half of the amount. I ended up having to donate the rest. Feedback from the people I donated to, they were very unappetizing & made them very bloated & distended. NOT A GOOD OPTION WHEN IT COMES TO MEAL PREP
- Submitted By Cheryl burgan on 01/15/2018My son purchased 10 meals for his grandmother on dec 24....still have not received meals or has any contact been made by company about delay. Just send a refund if you are not going to ship
- Submitted By Mary York on 01/06/2018As a 2017 Christmas gift we purchased a total of twelve meals for our son who is single and a military member stationed in NH. When we placed the order in late Nov, we specifically requested—both online and via a phone call to customer service—the order NOT be delivered until after Jan 01, 2018 because our son would not be home during the holidays. On Dec 19, however, I received an email from Home Bistro with a FedEx tracking number indicating the meals had been shipped and would arrive at our son’s apartment after he had already departed to spend the holidays out of state. I immediately notified HB of their screw up and was told either: 1) the food would just spoil while he was gone or 2) he could tell someone else about the shipment and they could have the food. Additionally, we were told by Home Bistro they would send out a second shipment of the same 12 meals after 01/01/2018, likely shipped Jan 2 and arriving to our son on Jan 5. Because of Home Bistro’s error, we had to reveal the gift to our son so that he could redirect the shipment (at his expense!!) to another military member so that the meals wouldn’t just spoil and go to waste. Here it is Jan 6 and no information on the second shipment of meals has been provided to me and despite me contacting Home Bistro to inquire what is the status, no one from Home Bistro has contacted me.
- Submitted By Gene Harvey on 11/22/2017I received a $100 gift certificate for Home Bistro. Their Web site was indeed difficult to maneuver and understand. I purchased their meal package Body Shred 2. The product arrived in good order. Packed very well. The portions are ridiculously small for the cost of the food. Hardly a full meal for a grown adult. The Super bowls are a complete joke. The packaging says Super Bowl weighs 9 ounces? They must include the weight the bowl and bowl cover because there is no way the portions were 9 ounces! Two of the meal boil in bags ruptured while gently boiling, as instructed. Overall the food was tasty but had to supplement a salad and vegetable to make a complete meal fit for an adult. They claim you might lose weight. You sure will because the portions are pathetic. Then there is the shipping costs! Nearly 30%, which is absurd! All that being said this service is way overpriced and the portions are skimpy. I will not be reordering.
- Submitted By Toni Kirkpatrick on 10/16/2017I purchased a gift certificate for my sister, who is elderly and preparing to move, so i thought healthy, prepared meals would be perfect. However, the first delivery was late because the address label got ripped off during transit. The food was finally delivered, but warm and spoiled. Then the make-up delivery was delivered on time, but it too was warm and spoiled. I’m not sure if the fault is in the fact the deliveries were made in a hot FedEx van in days the temps were in mid-90’s or poor packing preparations. Anyway they refunded my money after saying this “hasn’t happened to anyone else, and it’s happened twice to you, so we’re refunding the money” No apology, just the impression that they thought we were dishonest about the food being delivered warm and didn’t want to deal with us anymore. That’s fine because I’ll never deal with them again nor will I recommend them. It was truly a waste of time and effort.
Home Bistro is a one-stop-shop when it comes to ordering premium quality restaurant-grade cuisine. The food is prepared by a kitchen team led by a Certified Executive Chef and all the ingredients are chosen to ensure the highest possible standards in taste, as well as nutrition. The deliveries are fresh frozen and ready to eat in 10 minutes.