ButcherBox and Omaha Steaks are both hugely popular meat delivery services that go out of their way to keep their customers happy. However, they are designed with different carnivorous appetites and preferences in mind. To help you identify the strengths and weaknesses of both services and decide which one of them you should opt for, we have designed this convenient ButcherBox VS Omaha Steaks comparison.
- Shipping Cost: $17.99 *
- Delivery Area: all 50 US states plus Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Barry Marton on 05/23/2019While Omaha Steaks are as good as mentioned in the reviews in here, the one thing not mentioned is the return policies regarding future orders. I have ordered several times from Omaha Steaks. My orders included many different items that I was encouraged to try. Most were good. Some were not. I called to complain about the items that were not satisfactory to us and s promised, my money was refunded. What they did not tell me was that I was cut off from ordering any more from their company. They cancelled my last order and did not bother to notify me of the reason why. Their reason was because I complained about too many of their products. I found this out when I called to find out what had happened to my last order. So Omaha Steaks will continue to do business with you, as long as you do not complain about their products.
- Submitted By Fernando Adams on 02/27/2019Nearly forgot meat can taste this good. Just one complaint. Not sure how they set the prices but some cheap cuts should be cheaper and some expensive cuts that cost a fortune at the store are pretty affordable. Doesn’t make much sense, so you need to be careful not to overpay for the cheap stuff.
- Submitted By Maya Jones on 01/24/2019About a year ago, I noticed we’ve started to eat meat less and less often, not because we don’t love it but because it’s no good. Chewy, no flavor, even with the expensive cuts. I decided to do some research and that’s how we stumbled upon Omaha Steaks. I loved that they have been around for so long so we gave them a shot. Real glad we did cause the steaks are worth every dime. Haven’t tried the meals yet but I’m guessing they’re awesome too, it’s the same meat, so maybe we’ll try them soon.
- Submitted By Becky on 03/28/2019These people have the worst customer service. I have had several issues with boxes being shipped with no chance to bump the order. One customer service rep told me it is not their policy to send reminder emails, even though I have received one before most orders. Then a manager tells me that, yes, they do. I didn't receive the email for the latest box until 3:00 this morning and then another enail at 10:30 that it shipped. No chance to bump it. And salmon was added to it, that I did not authorize. Now I have to pay for $200+ pounds of meat that I would have bumped had I received the warning email. The manager did not even try to make it right. She threatened to hang up on me as she said the call was no longer productive when I tried to argue with her. She didn't even offer a discount or anything. I will be canceling my account and taking this up with my credit card company and the BBB.
- Submitted By Ceci on 03/15/2019Terrible, I would give it ZERO stars if I could. Deceiving, scamming, all around a big LIE! It says on their website you would get 8-11 lbs of beef (enough for about 24 meals). I got a total of 7 lbs including 2 lbs of ground beef (which we all know it is available and cheap anywhere). I did the math and you are paying over $20 a lb for this beef which is ridiculous even for grass fed... Besides, the lie is what really annoys me the most. I tried to talk to their Customer Service chat but the person answering was really dumb and didn't even acknowledge the issue properly so I cancelled after the first delivery...
- Submitted By Marty Oman on 03/05/2019Wasn’t sure it was worth the cash, because I usually pay much less for decent quality meat. My wife really wanted to order, because her best friend said they were the best and I’m not sorry we decided to subscribe in the end. Much better than what we usually get, got the mixed box, just enough for the 2 of us, really satisfied with the first shipment, we’ll see if they keep up the good work.
- Submitted By Tim Chaffin on 02/24/2019First of all, great meat and it arrived in perfect shape. I let them choose what goes into the box and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were mostly premium cuts. I didn’t give them 5 stars because it really doesn’t make sense to allow for such huge variations in quantity, like someone already pointed out. It’s not really cheap, so it would be more fair if they said exactly how much meat you get, so you can figure out if the prices is ok or not.
For over 100 years, Omaha Steaks has been one of the most popular and trusted meat delivery services in North America. Join us as we browse the shelves of its online store and discover what kind of meaty delights, decadent treats, and fine wines are included in its offer and how much they all cost in this thorough Omaha Steaks review.