We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Porter Road and Omaha Steaks and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Porter Road VS Omaha Steaks comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Price Range: $$
- Shipping Cost: $0-$10 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $2.50
- Shipping Cost: $17.99 *
- Delivery Area: all 50 states plus Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Matt Rivers on 07/11/2019Better than we hoped! We liked that the meat was fresh and pasture raised and the prices were ok so we got the best of PR box to see if it's any good. NY strip was real tender and tasted amazing and the ground beef was far better than what we usually get. Our warmest recommendation!
- Submitted By Martin Caldwell on 02/20/2019The first meat subscription I'm actually glad I got. Worth every buck!
- Submitted By JD East on 10/17/2019I will never again order from them strictly on the basis that they use styrofoam. To be a mail order business, it is incredibly irresponsible to operate in this manner. Other temperature sensitive mail order businesses have stopped using this awful product.
- Submitted By paige A Kenausis on 09/25/2019Hugely disappointing. I loved Omaha Steaks and did not mind paying for them- up until a year ago. We invested in half of a cow- all beef, no chicken, no potatoes, no cobbler- just meat. We got 95 pounds for about $1200 which was not unreasonable for good beef. What we got was. . . meh, at best. Ultimately the meat was comparable to that of a middling grocery chain on a bad day. Maybe what Omaha Steaks used to sell is now what is labeled "prime reserve." Some of the burgers were pretty tasty (the brisket burgers), but very little else was worth even half of what I paid for it. Do not fall for the marketing, so-called deals or hype- just go to a butcher and support the local economy. Omaha Steaks is a marketing machine, and I am kicking myself for falling for it.
- Submitted By Linda Sue Johnston on 08/27/2019We ordered butcher's cut fillet mignon from Omaha Steaks as a gift. They told me the steaks were tough. At $20 each for 4 once steaks, this was pretty disappointing. Save your money, don't buy Omaha steaks
- Submitted By Another Consumer on 07/30/2019The burgers weren't very good- thin, fall apart while cooking, poor taste. My wife ate all hers. I ate most and threw the rest out.The pork chops were pretty good, though.In the future I'll buy from the local supermarket.
For over 100 years, Omaha Steaks has been one of the most popular and trusted meat delivery services in North America. Join us as we browse the shelves of its online store and discover what kind of meaty delights, decadent treats, and fine wines are included in its offer and how much they all cost in this thorough Omaha Steaks review.