With our all-encompassing Kansas City Steaks VS ButcherBox comparison, you can pick the right meat delivery service in minutes. We have done all the time-consuming research so you can instantly find out what meat types and cuts these services offer, how their products are sourced, and whether their ordering options suit your needs. Be sure to scroll down to discover what other customers have to say about these services and find out which one of them is the definite winner of the comparison.
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Shipping Cost: $14.95 *
- Delivery Area: all 50 US states
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Becky on 03/28/2019These people have the worst customer service. I have had several issues with boxes being shipped with no chance to bump the order. One customer service rep told me it is not their policy to send reminder emails, even though I have received one before most orders. Then a manager tells me that, yes, they do. I didn't receive the email for the latest box until 3:00 this morning and then another enail at 10:30 that it shipped. No chance to bump it. And salmon was added to it, that I did not authorize. Now I have to pay for $200+ pounds of meat that I would have bumped had I received the warning email. The manager did not even try to make it right. She threatened to hang up on me as she said the call was no longer productive when I tried to argue with her. She didn't even offer a discount or anything. I will be canceling my account and taking this up with my credit card company and the BBB.
- Submitted By Ceci on 03/15/2019Terrible, I would give it ZERO stars if I could. Deceiving, scamming, all around a big LIE! It says on their website you would get 8-11 lbs of beef (enough for about 24 meals). I got a total of 7 lbs including 2 lbs of ground beef (which we all know it is available and cheap anywhere). I did the math and you are paying over $20 a lb for this beef which is ridiculous even for grass fed... Besides, the lie is what really annoys me the most. I tried to talk to their Customer Service chat but the person answering was really dumb and didn't even acknowledge the issue properly so I cancelled after the first delivery...
- Submitted By Marty Oman on 03/05/2019Wasn’t sure it was worth the cash, because I usually pay much less for decent quality meat. My wife really wanted to order, because her best friend said they were the best and I’m not sorry we decided to subscribe in the end. Much better than what we usually get, got the mixed box, just enough for the 2 of us, really satisfied with the first shipment, we’ll see if they keep up the good work.
- Submitted By Tim Chaffin on 02/24/2019First of all, great meat and it arrived in perfect shape. I let them choose what goes into the box and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were mostly premium cuts. I didn’t give them 5 stars because it really doesn’t make sense to allow for such huge variations in quantity, like someone already pointed out. It’s not really cheap, so it would be more fair if they said exactly how much meat you get, so you can figure out if the prices is ok or not.
- Submitted By Gerald Dennison on 03/11/2019There is not much not to love, everything is there, the convenience, the variety, you can buy as much as you want, it's all great, but I don't order regularly because I can get pretty good meat for much less, so I only order when I'm craving something I can't find at the nearest store.
- Submitted By Richard Vickery on 02/10/2019Excellent quality but I usually spend a bunch of time looking for something that is affordable enough after I factor in the shipping fee. They could offer larger discounts, at least from time to time.
ButcherBox is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the highest-quality, grass-fed beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork. The service offers an impressive range of antibiotic-free, hormone-free premium and convenience cuts and allows you to decide on both the quantity and selection of meat in your box. Read more about it in our ButcherBox review.