If a healthy breakfast is your favorite way to start the day but you often lack the time to prepare it, Green Blender and Daily Harvest can be of great help. They bring superfood goodness straight to your doorstep, pre-portioned and ready to blend.While both services are worth a try, one of them may be a better fit for you. Discover which one you should choose in this Green Blender vs. PlateJoy comparison.
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.40
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 45 states
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.99
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 44 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Cynthia Snow on 07/26/2018Excellent Service and Product! Thank You GreenBlender!
- Submitted By Debbie P on 07/19/2018I love Green Blender. The smoothies are delicious and creative. I've tried lots of combinations that I would never think of putting together myself. And now that each smoothie is packaged in its own bag, it's very easy to quickly make one. I feel healthy after drinking them.
- Submitted By Alites on 02/12/2018So my friend and I tried this for a month. We were both so hungry!!!!! We would have preferred to eat the fruit/vegetables in the raw and at least feel full then blend this stuff and be starving all afternoon. Way to many carrots in most of the shake recipes. After blending there were numerous fibers that made the shake undrinkable. If this is a blender issue the company should specify what type of blender to use. We have a Ninja. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
- Submitted By Hillary Minter on 12/04/2017I'm not a morning person and I used to just get up, drink my coffee and rush off to work, breakfast was not an option - who in the world has time for that?! Luckily, my hubby is a wise man and he got me a GB subscription for my birthday. Honestly, the best gift I've ever got. I feel much more energized and I'm an in a better shape than I was 20 years ago.
- Submitted By Cassandra on 05/23/2018This really does nothing more than charge you 70 dollars every 6 months for 4 weekly recipes that you can easily find on Google for free. It really doesn't focus on exercise at all. There are much more helpful apps out there if you want assistance with weightloss.
- Submitted By Hailey Foster on 11/13/2017Saves me so much time each week meal planning compared to when I used to do it by hand. Since it coordinates ingredients between recipes it also cuts down on food waste and costs better too. I also, love that it allows you to customize your preferences and change them week to week. I do wish I could import recipes to bring in family favorites, but I hear this feature is coming soon!
- Submitted By Sarah on 11/08/2017Love that it chooses recipes for me, minimizes waste, and provides a KOSHER option! I've been cooking much more frequently because I make my menu for the week, shop once, and then I have everything I need on hand when I get home from work during the week. The recipes are healthy and taste good and provide variety in what I'm eating (choosing what to make has always been the hardest part of meal planning for me). The app and website are easy to use and you can easily change the number of meals and other preferences from week to week. Totally worth the cost.
- Submitted By Valerie 10/23/2017Five stars if this was more affordable. So useful but the price is very high for families on a tight budget. Maybe it saves money for people with a larger budget, but for us we didn't spend less on groceries. However, it is very handy and the recipes are great especially for whole30. I wish we could justify the very high cost of this service but we can't.
Green Blender is a lovely delivery service that specializes in superfood smoothies and cereals. It provides creative recipes and all the fresh, high-quality ingredients you need to make food that tastes good and does wonders for your body. If you want to eat healthily but lack the time, you may find an easy solution to this problem in our Green Blender review.
Green Blender specializes in superfood smoothies and cereals. Smoothies are gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly and most of them are suitable for vegans. Cereals are gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan-friendly. You can opt for fiber-rich, high-protein, low-sugar, and low-calorie smoothies and cereals.
With a Daily Harvest subscription, you can enjoy smoothies, harvest bowls, oat bowls, chia bowls, soups, and lattes. Depending on your diet, you can choose vegan, vegetarian, low-calorie, keto, Paleo, low-sugar, high-protein, gluten-free, and/or low-carb items. The service also offers plant-based, gluten-free cookies that can be purchased subscription-free.
The Green Blender menu features 8 healthy smoothies and 3 superfood cereal recipes per week. Your weekly deliveries include 5 recipes of your choice.
Daily Harvest has over 50 items on its menu. These include about 20 smoothies, around 15 harvest bowls, half a dozen soups, 4 oat bowls, a couple of chia bowls, and several lattes. You can receive 9, 12 or 24 items per week or 24 items per month. If you are interested in cookies, you can choose from 3 tasty options and order whenever you wish.
Green Blender smoothies and cereals are made of locally grown, farm-fresh, organic produce and superfoods. They are highly nutritious and known for their anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting properties. Most of them are high in proteins, low in calories, and free from artificial additives.
Daily Harvest products contain superfoods and non-GMO, organic ingredients, which is why they are rich in nutrients. They are usually low in calories.
Green Blender recipes yield 2 servings by default. The servings are ample and amount to 12 ounces.
Daily Harvest products come in 3-ounce servings. With added liquid, the portions amount to 8 fluid ounces.
With Green Blender, there are no strings attached. You can skip a delivery or cancel your subscription anytime. Just make sure you skip or cancel at least 5 days before your next scheduled delivery date to avoid being charged for the delivery.
Likewise, Daily Harvest lets you skip a delivery or end your subscription whenever you please. If you do not want to be charged for the next box, you should skip or cancel by Sunday at 6 PM ET.
Green Blender is rather affordable. Its smoothies and cereals cost $4.99 per serving and shipping is free on all orders.
The price of your Daily Harvest delivery depends on how many items you order. The price per serving is always higher than what you pay at Green Blender and ranges from $6.99 to $7.75.