You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Mom's Meals or Freshly can better meet your needs? This Mom's Meals VS Freshly comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $6.99
- Shipping Cost: $14.95
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.99
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|Mom's Meals Pricing|
|Meal||Price per meal|
|Meals per week||Price per week||Price per meal|
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Madeleine F Tjaden on 10/29/2019I have been ordering mom meals for almost seven months, I order different meals from the menu sometimes I will order dinners or I will select half breakfast and dinner or a variety of all meals I love the soups they have for lunch. I am type 2 diabetic and if the meals come with different sides with two much sugar I will take half of it out before heating it and I eat half for a a snack later. I have not been disappointed with ordering meals and receiving them on time. I know the day and the time I will receive them.
- Submitted By Leigh Ann on 10/23/2019I started getting Mom's Meals through my insurance company after being discharged from the hospital. I have read several reviews that talk about the food being bad or not enough food in the servings. I have also seen comments about poor customer service. All I can comment on is my personal experience. My meals have arrived on the days they were supposed to. They were packaged very well, with cardboard in between every layer and ice packs in the box to keep everything cold. The box is lined in Styrofoam. The meals are tasty and the portions are very adequate. I could not eat more than what is in a dinner. The dinners are not heavily seasoned and sometimes I add salt or pepper but that's not a big deal. The dinners come with a tray that you heat for approximately two minutes in the microwave. They also have juice boxes, fruit cups, bread, applesauce, cookies, etc. (usually two of these) to eat with that food on the tray. I usually just eat the food on the tray for a meal and save the extras for a snack because the food on the tray is plenty and to add the extras would be too much. I got a menu with my first shipment and I call in once a week to order my meals for the next week. The people that I have talked with at customer service have been awesome. They have answered all of my questions and been very patient with me. I can order whatever I want from the menu. If I want 21 breakfasts or 21 mac and cheese dinners or 21 dinners and every single one is different, they don't care because it is what I want and what I personally like to eat. This is a great service that is helping me get back on my feet and I don't know what I would have done without it. I am on the general wellness diet.
- Submitted By Kelly Sullivan on 10/19/2019I received my first package today! I could not believe how much of good food they provide. I am so happy I was able to get information about Mom's Meals. I just got out of the hospital last week and I appreciate how wonderful the food looks and I am also very impressed. Thank you so much!
- Submitted By patricia martinez on 06/08/2019My father now receives Mom's meal thru his Medicaid. Very thankful , he enjoys it . Of course not every meal he will, but, I will only order the ones he tells me he likes. I like the fact that is very low in sugar /salt.Not understanding the bad reviews ppl are giving. As for their customer service, it's been great. I had forgot to make his order, and a representative called me to remind me. Keep doing a great job MOM'S MEALS...
- Submitted By Stephanie Corsano on 10/07/2019I have ordered Freshly meals for about 4 months now and I just love them! The food is tasty. Great portions and I am NEVER left hungry. They have a variety of meals that I like. They add or change to different meals periodically, but I definitely have my favorites. Some you may have to season a bit more as they try and keep things healthy (so maybe some salt on occasion), but for the majority, 3 min in the microwave and you’re good to go! I have had a few instances with the delivery people, but when I call customer service, they are friendly, helpful and accommodating. They have even credited me back for any issues that may have come up. I also like the fact that I can customize my order. A number of meals per week, rather than choosing from a number of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. I can’t do breakfast or lunch because I commute for work, and I do not have a microwave there. So ordering dinners for the end of the evening, is the best! But they do offer it if you’re so inclined. Overall, they are worth a try. You won’t be disappointed. Hopefully they will expand how many meals they offer, but they definitely include enough variety for me!
- Submitted By robb on 08/27/2019I am happy with the selection, quality, price. I will be staying long term, as long as they don't increase prices.
- Submitted By Christina on 08/18/2019Freshly was not good, and not worth the cost. It didn't taste particularly healthy NOR good. I had to struggle to make my way through the rest of my initial 6-meal trial. I will certainly never order from Freshly again.
- Submitted By SunnyDays on 06/20/2019I've been enjoying Freshly for a few months now and have to say they have exceeded my expectations. The meals arrive fully cooked and are kept cool in a well insulated box with earth friendly gel packs to keep them at a refrigerated temperature. They can go right into your fridge for later or pop one in the microwave for about 3 minuets and your dinner is ready. If you don't think you'll be eating them within the designated time listed on the package you can just freeze them and eat them when you're ready. ...
Freshly is a Paleo-inspired meal delivery service that brings you protein-packed, chef-prepared meals that are sure to keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day. If you are thinking about giving Freshly meals a try, be sure to read our detailed review of Freshly and check out Freshly reviews written by more or less satisfied customers.