Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive FreshDirect VS Marley Spoon comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.13
- Shipping Cost: $5.99 *
- Delivery Area: 5 states
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.73
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By SaraSara on 10/31/2019I am very disappointed with this service. The meals, after prepared, were delicious and filling. We had no issue with the quality of the meals. Our issue was the quality of customer service and shipping. Two weeks in a row, the boxes arrived a day later than expected, throwing off our meal schedule and causing me to question the safety of meats inside. As others have mentioned, the packaging inside the box seems minimal, and I was not confident that the meat was still at a safe temperature to cook and serve to my family after being in the box for 48 hours. I shared this concern with the customer service e-mail, and received no response. Additionally, we received a box in which a loose container of yogurt had burst and spilled in the inside package. I am using this service for ease when planning meals and less trips to the store, but because of these reasons it has not helped with either. We've had to plan meals last minute when we realized our box would be delayed by a day, and have wasted entire meals. As I mentioned, we enjoyed the boxes that arrived on time, but were still overall disappointed as a whole. We had the service for 4 weeks, 2 of which boxes were delayed.
- Submitted By George on 04/29/2019Terrible service! I received an offer for a free box to try M&MS. I was charged full price. When I called to complain, a rude representative negotiated half price. The packaging was not adequate, items were missing, one item was damaged (cream cheese packet busted and all over), and a recipe was inaccurate. When I called to provide feedback, I spoke to another rude representative.
- Submitted By Kim Buschlen on 04/17/2019I've tried it twice. The food is good but unfortunately not all the ingredients make it into the box. It's happened to 4 boxes. I sign up for meal delivery so I don't have to go to the store. Will be trying a different company that hopefully has better quality control
- Submitted By JenUhlir on 03/29/2019Horrible customer service ruins the great recipes. I've had 2 boxes in a row delayed a full day. One because of an "ice" issue and the other because of a "delay in our production line" issue. SERIOUSLY??? They don't answer the phone because "Due to our strong business growth we experienced an unexpectedly increased amount of customer requests. " Not only was my box delayed it was WRONG. Totally missing a protein. What kind a circus are they running?? Go with HOME CHEF or HELLO FRESH and get your money's worth.
Marley Spoon is a meal kit delivery that brings you world-famous recipes created by Martha Stewart, transformed into 6-step instructions everyone can follow. Along with the recipes, you get flavor-packed, farm-fresh, pre-measured ingredients. Discover more in our honest review of the service and 50+ customer-written Martha and Marley Spoon reviews.