Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive FreshDirect VS Marley Spoon comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $20.00
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 6 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.00
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By Elisabeth Crawford on 10/08/2018At first, Marley seemed a bit expensive to me, but it’s been 2 months now since my first delivery and I’ve noticed I’ve been spending much less money on food. The recipes are clear enough and I usually like them all, I just like my food spicy so I often add some extra salt and chili. Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to offer extra spices, this way I always worry I’ll ruin the meal if I pick the wrong spice.
- Submitted By Robert Hardy on 09/29/2018Today is my one-year anniversary with Marley Spoon, just wanted to say: you guys rock, looking forward to another year! I started ordering because I had to start eating more healthily, now it’s hard for me to imagine my week without picking out and trying out new recipes, it’s really cool and I honestly look forward to every delivery. Btw, I started dating this really sweet girl 2 months ago, she seems really impressed by my cooking, told me I’m marriage material, so thanks MS, you kinda helped me get a girl :D
- Submitted By Mary Collins on 09/20/2018I am very unhappy with my recent purchase. It arrived damaged. Produce was old well out of date completely unusable. Instructions were vague. Disappointed doesn’t even begin to discribe what I wasted $101.00 on. I can not get a response from customer service. I will not recommend this company to anyone. If I had to say anything it would don’t waste your money. Disgusting! I will be going back to blue apron.
- Submitted By Brian McCarty on 09/11/2018I hard an ad on Sirius radio for this service. I've used Blue Apron in the past with good success, but I thought I should try another service. I didn't realize that Martha Stewart is now attached to this company - I would NOT have ordered anything from this ex-con. The recipes looked interesting when I ordered them. However the instructions for the first I tried (Cilantro Chicken and Rice) were ridiculous, disorganized, and basically worthless. And the recipe required a BLENDER and a PRESSURE COOKER! I understand many people might have a blender (I don't), but a PRESSURE COOKER? None of this was disclosed in advance. Ingredients were thrown in a box in paper bags that weren't closed properly, leaving ingredients flying around inside the box during shipping - including an easy-to-damage eggplant. Inside of the box was damp inside. I received the box when it was promised and collected it early in the day (noon-ish). I've already looked at the other two recipes. One is easy because it is based on packaged ravioli that you can buy anywhere. The other looks to have the same customer-unfriendly issues as the chicken. I've already cancelled this service. I'd urge you not to make the same mistake as I have.
Marley Spoon is a meal kit delivery that brings you world-famous recipes created by Martha Stewart, transformed into 6-step instructions everyone can follow. Along with the recipes, you get flavor-packed, farm-fresh, pre-measured ingredients. Discover more in our honest review of the service and 50+ customer-written Martha and Marley Spoon reviews.