Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive FreshDirect VS Green Chef comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $20.00
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 6 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $9.00
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
- Submitted By mark west on 06/12/2018First of all, GreenChef does not give you enough options to pick your own meals. Secondly, the recipe's were not very good. I canceled my subscription. SUNBASKET is much better and gives you more options.
- Submitted By Lindsey on 04/28/2018I was really excited for this meal delivery service; however, after two shipments I have to cancel. The first shipment was on time and packaged per individual meal as expected. The second shipment was almost two days late and when I opened the box, the meat was nearly room temperature. In addition, all other ingredients were just tossed in the box. Spices, vegetables, and meat was not separated. I had to throw it away since some of the packaging was leaking and I had no way of knowing if it was the tuna, chicken or any of the sauces. Then to top it all off, when I called Customer Service, they could only refund me for the late shipment and couldn't cancel my next shipment or refund me because a manager wasn't on duty. They also could not tell me when a manager would be back to authorize my request. At this point, I still don't know if my membership moving forward is actually cancelled or not. I'm still waiting for a phone call as promised. I would have wanted to give them another chance, but even the flavor of the meals I did try wasn't very impressive. All in all, this convenient service has proved not so convenient. I guess I'll be headed back to the grocery store tonight.
- Submitted By Rita Hardt on 02/01/2018For me, going keto was really hard and discovering Green Chef was a true blessing. I still miss all the carbs, but at least the meals I cook with GC taste like real food.
- Submitted By Linda Cunningham on 01/17/2018This is the only meal delivery I’ve found that is both certified organic and certified gluten-free and that is good enough for me. I only wish I could order more kits per week.
Whether you're looking for an organic, vegetarian or gourmet meal delivery service, Green Chef has you covered. It delivers pre-portioned ingredients and chef-created recipes to your doorstep whenever it suits you the most. You can enjoy great flexibility, eat a healthy diet, and help save the planet too. Read this Green Chef review to learn more.