EveryPlate and FreshDirect are designed to take the stress out of meal planning and this EveryPlate VS FreshDirect comparison is designed to make it much easier to choose between them. Get a comprehensive overview of these companies’ crucial features and scroll down to discover the definite winner of the comparison.
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.99
- Shipping Cost: $8.99
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.13
- Shipping Cost: $5.99 *
- Delivery Area: 5 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Laura Vickers on 11/08/2019I enjoyed two weeks of meals. They are simpler and quicker than most meal delivery services but the recipes were tasty and filling. Really enjoyed the cherry glazed meatballs! The price is great too. My ingredients were fresh and the instructions were easy to understand. Overall very good - I would recommend.
- Submitted By Melissa on 10/29/2019We’ve been using EveryPlate for a couple of months. We’ve found it very comparable to other meal boxes we’ve tried only much cheaper. The food has always been fresh (minus one zucchini that appeared to get damaged in shipping) and very nicely packaged. The recipes are easy to follow and very tasty. Best of all their customer service is top notch. A few weeks back I needed to skip the week and went online to cancel close to the cut off time. Although it showed on my end as having been skipped it apparently didn’t go through in time and charged my bank account. I called them up and explained and they fully refunded me without any hassle and still sent the box since it was already being processed. That is the type of customer service I look for. I love the app they’ve now developed and it makes it very easy to see the recipes choices for the week and also to skip a week or multiple weeks if needed. I highly recommend this box and have yet to find a meal box our family likes better. The only thing I’d like to see is a bit more variety in their meals and more options offered for vegetarians, gluten free, dairy free, etc.
- Submitted By Delphine Cull on 10/04/2019I had every item except the apricot jam in my pantry, fridge, garden or freezer. Just to clarify my review, I cook every day and it's kind of my passion. The ingredients I received were well packed and fresh. The recipes were clear. But my family found the apricot dijon pork chops very sweet. The spicy honey butter chicken was bland, and the creamy penne gratin had too much thyme. I think I'll stick with my own recipes. And, I found the portions were small. For someone who doesn't cook, this would be a great service.
- Submitted By Nailyn on 09/13/2019I'm not sure how the ratings are so high. I just received my first order from EveryPlate and it was very disappointing. There were missing food items, produce that was bruised, and the meat is processed or derived from a csn. All in all, this looks like a delivery from a food bank or government food issue program, circa 1983.
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
If you are wondering which meal kit service is the most affordable of them all, the answer is EveryPlate. It is one of the 2 most budget-friendly services of its kind and in spite of the low cost, it does not compromise on freshness and quality. Discover all the reasons why you may want to give it a try in this in-depth EveryPlate review.