Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive Dinnerly VS FreshDirect comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.99
- Shipping Cost: $8.99
- Delivery Area: 29 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $4.99
- Shipping Cost: $5.99 *
- Delivery Area: 6 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jessica on 05/08/2019We enjoyed our first week of Dinnerly - the meals were good and we were happy to try a second week.Unfortunately we were missing ingredients from all three recipes in our second box. We contacted customer service and they offered a small partial refund. Since ingredients were missing from every recipe, we requested a full refund and spoke with a manager. They replied that they could only give the small refund. Due to the delay of needing to go to the store for missing ingredients (we don't live near a grocery store), additional ingredients went bad before we were able to make all three meals.What is the point of having a meal subscription service if I have to anticipate there will be missing ingredients and plan to not be able to make the recipes with what they send? I have seen a lot of reviews, even from people who like the service, that mention missing ingredients so it seems this is not a rare occurrence.
- Submitted By Rachel on 05/07/2019This is the second boxed meal service that I've tried, and at first glance I'm not impressed. I had to sign up and pay first to see what recipes I could pick from; okay. Got to the recipes page and none of them were things that my boyfriend or I would eat. So I cancel it immediately, but am told that I will still be charged for the first box anyways. So I pick the 3 most likely meals that will be edible for us. They arrive on our day of choice (the only advantage this one has) and I open the box. Unlike other services, the recipe cards or instructions are not included. The only access to the recipes are on the website, and also unlike other services, there are no helpful pictures or videos with the instructions. Glad that I cancelled immediately; I would say that you get what you pay for, but I'm currently with a much better service for the same price.
- Submitted By Bri on 04/25/2019I was excited to try this. Most meals were decent. I got it for four weeks. However, my deliveries kept getting pushed back. This most recent one was scheduled to be delivered two days late. Sorry, but I’m not eating food that may or may not still be on ice two days late.I emailed the customer service that said they would respond in 24 hours. Didn’t happen. I called customer service the next day and the lady that helped me was wonderful. She reimbursed me for the whole box. I ended up canceling my membership. Although I wasn’t a fan of every dish I made, I thought I could deal with it. Now with the food being delivered late, not worth it.
- Submitted By sue kelley on 04/17/2019I've been using Dinnerly for the past 3 weeks and we are impressed with the taste and value. I was afraid that the serving portions would be too small but that has not been the case at all. First box was missing a couple common ingredients , but since everything has been there. They are easy to prepare and quick and easy. I work 12 hour shifts, so this is awesome as I don't feel like cooking a complicated meal. Dinnerly takes away the drudge of deciding what to cook, and keeps us from eating fast food. Way worth the cost !
- Submitted By Henry Giles on 07/22/2017I’m a lazy guy, so this kind of store is exactly what I need. Groceries – they’ve got ‘em, meals – so many options, beer – hell yeah.
- Submitted By Laura Forbes on 05/05/2017Sure, it’s convenient, but it’s not as good as it’s hyped up to be.
- Submitted By Hannah Rogers 3.5 on 03/14/2017The food’s awesome, but it’s too pricy if you ask me.
Dinnerly is the latest addition to the meal kit market, created for all those who wanted to give meal kits a try but found the usual prices to be too high. Inspired by numerous positive Dinnerly reviews, we have decided to explore the Dinnerly menu, subscriptions, and pricing and discover all the reasons for this company’s fast-growing popularity.