Crowd Cow VS Omaha Steaks Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
Crowd Cow and Omaha Steaks are both hugely popular meat delivery services that go out of their way to keep their customers happy. However, they are designed with different carnivorous appetites and preferences in mind. To help you identify the strengths and weaknesses of both services and decide which one of them you should opt for, we have designed this convenient Crowd Cow VS Omaha Steaks comparison.
Premium Steaks, Desserts, Wines & More
Optimally fresh meat of superior quality
For over a century, Omaha Steaks has been providing hand-cut, natural meat of superior flavor. Shop at your leisure and enjoy juicy steaks, burgers, charcuterie, healthy seafood, gourmet meals, sides, appetizers, desserts, fine wine, and more.
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $2.50
- Shipping Cost: $17.99 *
- Delivery Area: all 50 states plus Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
*Continental US: standard shipping costs $17.99 - $21.99 (depending on order value), additional $39.99 for Hawaii and Alaska, additional $39 for Puerto Rico, additional $42.99 for Canada, additional $125 for US Virgin Islands
Crowd Cow sells one cow at a time, ensuring optimal freshness and flavor. Order as much meat as you wish, whenever you want, or subscribe to get regular deliveries of pasture-raised ground beef.
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $16.00
- Shipping Cost: $12.99
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Best for carnivores who want to enjoy a fine dining experience at home
At Omaha Steaks, you can get high-quality beef, bison, veal, pork, lamb, and poultry. You can opt for steaks, roasts, ribs, gourmet burgers, franks, brats, bacon, ham, BBQ items, and much more. However, the company does not sell animal products like organs and fats.
Omaha Steaks provides both premium and budget cuts. Its offer includes high-quality products like grass-fed, dry-aged, and Wagyu beef. All the meat is naturally raised and free from harmful artificial substances. Every meat product is hand-cut by the company's in-house buchers.
Omaha Steaks does not only deliver meat but also brings you fresh-frozen seafood, prepared and ready-to-cook meals, sides, appetizers, desserts, and wine. Meal options include gluten-free, ketogenic, Paleo, and low-sodium.
Since Omaha Steaks ships over 14 million pounds of beef alone every year, it sources its products from farms all across the country. However, it focuses on meat that is naturally grown and naturally aged. Its offer primarily includes grain-fed meat, but you can also opt for grass-fed beef. All the seafood is responsibly sourced from oceans worldwide.
With Omaha Steaks, there are no subscriptions, you can shop as often as you wish and order as much food as you need, with no minimum order.
All the items you receive from Omaha Steaks come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your order, reach out to customer service and request a refund or a replacement, whichever suits you better.
Omaha Steaks charges $17.99 - $21.99 for shipping within the continental US. The costs depend on the value of your order. Additional fees apply to shipments to Hawaii and Alaska ($39.99 per delivery), Puerto Rico ($39 per delivery), Canada ($42.99 per delivery), and the US Virgin Islands ($125 per delivery).
Omaha Steaks ships to all 50 US states, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
Best for meat lovers who want to know exactly where their meat comes from
Crowd Cow has limited its selection to high-quality beef, pork, and chicken. It offers over 100 different cuts at all times, ranging from New York strip steak to cow tongue and chicken feet and liver.
Crowd Cow brings you 100% grass-fed beef, pasture-raised, grain-fed beef, Japanese A5 Wagyu beef, pasture-raised heritage pork, and pasture-raised chicken.
Crowd Cow only sells meat.
Crowd Cow obtains meat from family-owned farms and ranches across the country, which are carefully vetted to ensure they employ the best sustainability practices. The company provides plenty of details on each of its partner farms and ranches, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
With Crowd Cow, you can opt for one-off orders with no minimum value or subscribe. The company offers flexible subscriptions, allowing you to speed up or postpone your delivery and cancel your subscription at any time.
If you are not satisfied with your shipment, get in touch with Crowd Cow's customer support staff within 7 days. You may receive a replacement or a full or partial refund, depending on the circumstances.
Crowd Cow charges $12.99+ for shipping. The costs vary depending on location.
Crowd Cow ships all over the continental US.
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Nick on 12/07/2019The ads were so inviting , so I tried a gift package myself before I gifted others this holiday season. Good think I did. The meat was flavorless and very small portion. I get much better quality at the local butcher. One star rating is too kind.
- Submitted By Missy thornsberry on 12/03/2019So I just called to place an order. I wanted to purchase 3 packages for gifts for my 3 children. I was told I could only order 2. That to me is absurd. You have missed out on a sale!
- Submitted By JD East on 10/17/2019I will never again order from them strictly on the basis that they use styrofoam. To be a mail order business, it is incredibly irresponsible to operate in this manner. Other temperature sensitive mail order businesses have stopped using this awful product.
- Submitted By paige A Kenausis on 09/25/2019Hugely disappointing. I loved Omaha Steaks and did not mind paying for them- up until a year ago. We invested in half of a cow- all beef, no chicken, no potatoes, no cobbler- just meat. We got 95 pounds for about $1200 which was not unreasonable for good beef. What we got was. . . meh, at best. Ultimately the meat was comparable to that of a middling grocery chain on a bad day. Maybe what Omaha Steaks used to sell is now what is labeled "prime reserve." Some of the burgers were pretty tasty (the brisket burgers), but very little else was worth even half of what I paid for it. Do not fall for the marketing, so-called deals or hype- just go to a butcher and support the local economy. Omaha Steaks is a marketing machine, and I am kicking myself for falling for it.
- Submitted By Zachary A. on 08/03/2019My first order was delayed by one day, and as a result was thrown in the trash by the delivery service. Will not use the service again.
- Submitted By Deonne on 06/25/2019I ordered the Pasture Raised Grain Finished Black Angus Ribeye From Wolfe Brothers Farm. I found a good deal for 2 Ribeyes. Loved the packaging and the beef was frozen. It took some time to order because I have never ordered beef online but everything looked fresh and delicious. I have to be honest to say the beef looked great and I notice some beef have a smell once you take it out the packaging but I smelled nothing but freshness. The beef wasn’t tender and I wasn’t impressed at all. CC tried to make it right but I see no need to continue to order beef from them. I really wanted to try the Wagyu but never mind. I actually found a local farm in the area called Hancock Family Farms I will buy my fresh beef from and he wants honest opinions and stands by his product. I don’t like a business not standing by their product, customer service told me they have like 70 farms so I should find something I like. I’m really supposed to try all farms to just get a piece of tender beef, no thanks CC.
- Submitted By Richard Smith on 02/07/2019Really good but too expensive.
- Submitted By Larry Young on 01/08/2019Great idea and even greater product. My father was a rancher and I know how hard it can be, services like these are much-needed, not only because it’s so hard to get healthy meat but because they actually help ranchers, which is a big plus in my book.
Crowd Cow is a meat delivery service that specializes in pasture-raised, dry-aged beef whose quality and freshness surpass all expectations. Find out what makes this service extraordinary and how it manages to satisfy the needs of virtually all meat lovers in this Crowd Cow review that focuses on everything from sourcing to pricing.