If you are looking for a side-by-side overview of the crucial qualities of ButcherBox and Meat The Butchers, we have just what you need. Our ButcherBox VS Meat The Butchers comparison allows you to find out everything about their offers and see which one is superior to the other when it comes to meat quality, variety, and more. We have brought all the major facts to one place and provided objective ratings for both services so you can make your decision more easily than you expected.
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Tom Stein on 02/14/2018Real meat, fresh, perfectly marbled. If you know your meat, you can taste the difference right away, this is the real stuff, not the crap they sell at the stores. My warmest recommendation.
- Submitted By Anna Baylor on 09/22/2017I saw the gorgeous MTB tenderloin on Facebook and just had to buy it for my hubby's birthday. It was out of this world, but the prices are really high, so waiting for our anniversary to shop again :D
- Submitted By Becky on 03/28/2019These people have the worst customer service. I have had several issues with boxes being shipped with no chance to bump the order. One customer service rep told me it is not their policy to send reminder emails, even though I have received one before most orders. Then a manager tells me that, yes, they do. I didn't receive the email for the latest box until 3:00 this morning and then another enail at 10:30 that it shipped. No chance to bump it. And salmon was added to it, that I did not authorize. Now I have to pay for $200+ pounds of meat that I would have bumped had I received the warning email. The manager did not even try to make it right. She threatened to hang up on me as she said the call was no longer productive when I tried to argue with her. She didn't even offer a discount or anything. I will be canceling my account and taking this up with my credit card company and the BBB.
- Submitted By Ceci on 03/15/2019Terrible, I would give it ZERO stars if I could. Deceiving, scamming, all around a big LIE! It says on their website you would get 8-11 lbs of beef (enough for about 24 meals). I got a total of 7 lbs including 2 lbs of ground beef (which we all know it is available and cheap anywhere). I did the math and you are paying over $20 a lb for this beef which is ridiculous even for grass fed... Besides, the lie is what really annoys me the most. I tried to talk to their Customer Service chat but the person answering was really dumb and didn't even acknowledge the issue properly so I cancelled after the first delivery...
- Submitted By Marty Oman on 03/05/2019Wasn’t sure it was worth the cash, because I usually pay much less for decent quality meat. My wife really wanted to order, because her best friend said they were the best and I’m not sorry we decided to subscribe in the end. Much better than what we usually get, got the mixed box, just enough for the 2 of us, really satisfied with the first shipment, we’ll see if they keep up the good work.
- Submitted By Tim Chaffin on 02/24/2019First of all, great meat and it arrived in perfect shape. I let them choose what goes into the box and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were mostly premium cuts. I didn’t give them 5 stars because it really doesn’t make sense to allow for such huge variations in quantity, like someone already pointed out. It’s not really cheap, so it would be more fair if they said exactly how much meat you get, so you can figure out if the prices is ok or not.
ButcherBox is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the highest-quality, grass-fed beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork. The service offers an impressive range of antibiotic-free, hormone-free premium and convenience cuts and allows you to decide on both the quantity and selection of meat in your box. Read more about it in our ButcherBox review.