If you are struggling to decide between ButcherBox and Crowd Cow, you have come to the right place. For your convenience, we have gathered all the important facts about these 2 meat deliveries and laid them out in our side-by-side ButcherBox VS Crowd Cow comparison. Discover how the services measure up to one another in terms of everything from meat quality and variety to sourcing practices and ordering flexibility and easily decide which one is better for you.
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $16.00
- Shipping Cost: $12.99
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $149.00
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Zachary A. on 08/03/2019My first order was delayed by one day, and as a result was thrown in the trash by the delivery service. Will not use the service again.
- Submitted By Deonne on 06/25/2019I ordered the Pasture Raised Grain Finished Black Angus Ribeye From Wolfe Brothers Farm. I found a good deal for 2 Ribeyes. Loved the packaging and the beef was frozen. It took some time to order because I have never ordered beef online but everything looked fresh and delicious. I have to be honest to say the beef looked great and I notice some beef have a smell once you take it out the packaging but I smelled nothing but freshness. The beef wasn’t tender and I wasn’t impressed at all. CC tried to make it right but I see no need to continue to order beef from them. I really wanted to try the Wagyu but never mind. I actually found a local farm in the area called Hancock Family Farms I will buy my fresh beef from and he wants honest opinions and stands by his product. I don’t like a business not standing by their product, customer service told me they have like 70 farms so I should find something I like. I’m really supposed to try all farms to just get a piece of tender beef, no thanks CC.
- Submitted By Richard Smith on 02/07/2019Really good but too expensive.
- Submitted By Larry Young on 01/08/2019Great idea and even greater product. My father was a rancher and I know how hard it can be, services like these are much-needed, not only because it’s so hard to get healthy meat but because they actually help ranchers, which is a big plus in my book.
- Submitted By Tom on 08/29/2019Be careful prior to ordering. I was trying this service based on the 2 LB of ground beef for life. It wasn't until after the order had processed that there was any indication that the promotion was not part of my order. Even then, I only found out by making a call to customer service. Additionally, though the product is advertised as "less than $6.00 per meal", it actually comes out to anywhere between $12.00 and $17.00 per pound of meat. Very expensive. Needless to say, I have buyers remorse and cancelled the day after I first subscribed. (Of course, though I subscribed at 3:30 in the afternoon, the order "...has gone to shipping" by 7:30 the next day, forcing me to accept the order -- I wonder if they would have shipped a refund as quickly?
- Submitted By Tony on 08/23/2019Torn packaging - AGAIN. I signed up recently with the promo for Free Burgers for Summer. The first delivery came, the tops of each 4-pack of burgers were torn, and the top burger of each package was clearly freezer-burnt, so I decided not to trust the other burgers in the packages. I emailed customer service, sent pictures, got some non-related info about how their meat packaging may contain wrinkles or some nonsense, but they agreed to double the burgers in the following month's delivery. Received that delivery yesterday - two of the four 4-packs of burgers have torn packaging on top! Last month I did cook and eat everything I received (except the burgers), although I was very uneasy trusting the condition of the meat in all the other packages. Today I cancelled my subscription, and am going to request a refund for the entire box, as I don't want to eat any more meat from this company.
- Submitted By greg curran on 08/08/2019While pricier than our local butcher, the meat is so much tastier. I can't recall any other meat tasting as flavorful, fresh and delicious! Our only negative experience was with the St. Louis ribs, and after sending an email saying that we were disappointed, we were promptly given a credit for the ribs. I have never had any of the negative issues I see in some of the other reviews and I have recommended Butcher Box to friends and family...
- Submitted By Francois on 08/02/2019Butcher Box cheated me with a special that was to weigh 48oz (3lbs) but actually weighted 38.2 oz, that's 21% less . I hate companies that that are dishonest and ripp their customers. Can't trust= zero star.
ButcherBox is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the highest-quality, grass-fed beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork. The service offers an impressive range of antibiotic-free, hormone-free premium and convenience cuts and allows you to decide on both the quantity and selection of meat in your box. Read more about it in our ButcherBox review.