Choosing between ButcherBox and Chicago Steak Company can be pretty hard, regardless of whether you have tried their products before. They both have impressive meat selections and their prices correspond to the quality of the meat they deliver.
To make matters simpler and help you decide which service is more likely to satisfy your needs, we have designed the most comprehensive ButcherBox VS Chicago Steak Company comparison on the web. Learn all the key information about these 2 services in the table below and find out which one of them is one step ahead of the other.
- Price Range: $$$
- Shipping Cost: $19.99 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Price Range: $
- Average Price Per Meal: $149.00
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Bob Adams on 06/29/2018The. best. steaks. ever. Nothing to add, it's what I dream about when I'm eating veg.
- Submitted By Josh Summers on 04/22/2018I'm not filthy rich so I only shop at CSC a couple of times a year. They sure work hard to make everything perfect, but the prices are too high. It's not that I'm cheap, I'm just not made of money, so I just treat myself to a couple of steaks every once in a while, because they really are good.
- Submitted By Tom on 08/29/2019Be careful prior to ordering. I was trying this service based on the 2 LB of ground beef for life. It wasn't until after the order had processed that there was any indication that the promotion was not part of my order. Even then, I only found out by making a call to customer service. Additionally, though the product is advertised as "less than $6.00 per meal", it actually comes out to anywhere between $12.00 and $17.00 per pound of meat. Very expensive. Needless to say, I have buyers remorse and cancelled the day after I first subscribed. (Of course, though I subscribed at 3:30 in the afternoon, the order "...has gone to shipping" by 7:30 the next day, forcing me to accept the order -- I wonder if they would have shipped a refund as quickly?
- Submitted By Tony on 08/23/2019Torn packaging - AGAIN. I signed up recently with the promo for Free Burgers for Summer. The first delivery came, the tops of each 4-pack of burgers were torn, and the top burger of each package was clearly freezer-burnt, so I decided not to trust the other burgers in the packages. I emailed customer service, sent pictures, got some non-related info about how their meat packaging may contain wrinkles or some nonsense, but they agreed to double the burgers in the following month's delivery. Received that delivery yesterday - two of the four 4-packs of burgers have torn packaging on top! Last month I did cook and eat everything I received (except the burgers), although I was very uneasy trusting the condition of the meat in all the other packages. Today I cancelled my subscription, and am going to request a refund for the entire box, as I don't want to eat any more meat from this company.
- Submitted By greg curran on 08/08/2019While pricier than our local butcher, the meat is so much tastier. I can't recall any other meat tasting as flavorful, fresh and delicious! Our only negative experience was with the St. Louis ribs, and after sending an email saying that we were disappointed, we were promptly given a credit for the ribs. I have never had any of the negative issues I see in some of the other reviews and I have recommended Butcher Box to friends and family...
- Submitted By Francois on 08/02/2019Butcher Box cheated me with a special that was to weigh 48oz (3lbs) but actually weighted 38.2 oz, that's 21% less . I hate companies that that are dishonest and ripp their customers. Can't trust= zero star.
ButcherBox is one of the easiest ways to enjoy the highest-quality, grass-fed beef, organic chicken, and heritage breed pork. The service offers an impressive range of antibiotic-free, hormone-free premium and convenience cuts and allows you to decide on both the quantity and selection of meat in your box. Read more about it in our ButcherBox review.