You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Top Chef Meals or Freshly can better meet your needs? This Top Chef Meals Vs. Freshly comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Average Price Per Meal: $7.80
- Shipping Cost: $19.95
- Delivery Area: 38 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $7.80
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 27 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|Meal||Price per meal|
|Breakfast||$4.95 - $6.25|
|Lunch/Dinner||$7.25 - $15.65|
|Dessert||$3.25 - $5.00|
|Meals per week||Price per week||Price per meal|
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Gloria on 03/16/2019I used to write dining out reviews for a local paper here in Long Island. I’m a very satisfied customer. Love most of the foods i’ve ordered and find the delivery and customer service excellent. I do have a suggestion though. Is there any way to add a lobster tail to a beef meal like filet mignon? (My favorite). Problem is, it’s hard to get to sample new meals that sound and look tempting since I have limited freezer space and keep reordering my favorites!
- Submitted By carol2595 on 08/18/2018I have been ordering these meals for a year now for my 85 year old Mom and have tried a few when I visit. Both of us love cooking and together have spent many years preparing, serving, and enjoying our meals. As Mom aged and meals began to be a problem, I ordered these for her, against her will, and she has, with only an exception or two, thoroughly enjoyed Top Chef dinners. Directions are detailed and highly specific to the individual meal, she has no difficulty following them, and Mom is especially impressed with their fish and fresh vegetables. Customer service has been great and they even noticed and called me regarding a meal I ordered that contained an ingredient Mom likes to avoid. After reading some of the one star ratings, I wonder if we're eating the same food. Not only does it taste good but she gets to maintain more independence and I can be assured she's eating nourishing meals.
- Submitted By TC on 07/28/2018I ordered 10 different meals for my parents. There were 3 sets of directions and no matter how cooked the meals were so bad they could not eat them. Soggy, tasteless and meat like cardboard. After the 4th set of meals we threw the rest in the trash. Top Chef customer service was pathetic and ignored the complaint. A total waste of money and the worst customer service!
- Submitted By Carolyn on 07/16/2018I ordered these for my elderly mom who lives alone. She said they were tasteless. She tried 4 different meals and they were all bland and disappointing. I won't order from them again.
- Submitted By Jennifer Charley on 05/22/2019I would love to give this company a good review as there food was nothing short of outstanding however, the delivery was terrible. 3 out of 5 deliveries were canceled last minute and I was not notified till the day of and in one case not at all. Which left me a busy single mom with no food to cook on a Monday night and no time to shop for the week. These meal plans are supposed to make our lives more simplified and be all about be convenience and instead freshly gave me several weeks of stress. I don’t care how good the food is if it’s not there to enjoy it it’s not worth it .
- Submitted By Suzanne Kloss on 05/07/2019Wish I could recommend Freshly, as their meals are tasty. (If I could go with taste alone, I'd give them 5.) But they are LOADED with sat fat, cholesterol, and sodium! As in sometimes 75% of the RDA (usually sat fat). If a meal isn't too bad in one area (say, sodium), it's way over the top bad in another (cholesterol or sodium). Although they tout their meals as nutritious, they really cannot be considered healthy with the high amounts of these 3 things.
- Submitted By John on 05/04/2019For the second time, Freshly cancelled our weekly order on the day of delivery. They are a hit and miss company. Talked to Customer service who did not care what-so-ever and in fact, when we cancelled our future orders, all she was ok!We had been considering trying someone else but today was the icing on the cake. Amazing that they didn't know this yesterday or two days ago. No, they wait until the day of delivery to cancel your delivery! Another reason for us cancelling anyway is the food looks nothing like the pictures. Honestly, some meals look like dog food all mashed into one small container of slop.I truly believe the ratings are not genuine, but from employees or anyone else they may give a promo to so they can get a good review in exchange. Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere!
- Submitted By ruben on 04/20/2019Not good at all.Tasteless food, recipes combinations are very, very bad. Uncooked protein, uncooked veggies Very, very bad experience
Freshly is a Paleo-inspired meal delivery service that brings you protein-packed, chef-prepared meals that are sure to keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day. If you are thinking about giving Freshly meals a try, be sure to read our detailed review of Freshly and check out Freshly reviews written by more or less satisfied customers.