Crowd Cow VS Porter Road Comparison
This website features affiliate links. For purchases made via these links, we earn commissions that allow us to keep producing helpful content. To find out more click here. Close
If you would like to start eating healthier but do not have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Porter Road VS Crowd Cow comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
Humanely raised meat of amazing quality
Optimally fresh meat of superior quality
Porter Road provides natural, flavorful, 100% pasture-raised meats fresh from family farms in Kentucky and Tennessee. You can pick 1 of 6 subscription boxes for different tastes or choose from 100 items available for one-time orders.
- Price Range: $$
- Shipping Cost: $0-$10 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
* ($10 standard, $20 express, free on subscriptions and one-time orders over $100)
Crowd Cow sells one cow at a time, ensuring optimal freshness and flavor. Order as much meat as you wish, whenever you want, or subscribe to get regular deliveries of pasture-raised ground beef.
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $16.00
- Shipping Cost: $12.99
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Best for carnivores who prefer pasture-raised meat
Porter Road offers beef, pork, lamb, and chicken. You can choose from around 100 meat products, including steaks, chops, ribs, burgers, bacon, sausage, ground meat, wings, and whole birds, to name just a few options.
Porter Road meat is always premium-quality, natural, sustainable, pasture-raised, and free from antibiotics, artificial growth hormones, and steroids. The company's beef is dry-aged for a minimum of 14 days for optimal tenderness.
Porter Road only sells meat.
Porter Road exclusively sources its meat from small, family-owned farms in Kentucky and Tennessee that employ sustainable raising practices. The animals are raised in open pastures and fed a natural diet comprising grass and a custom grain blend for superior marbling.
With Porter Road subscriptions, there is no minimum subscription period and you can skip or cancel anytime. You can change the delivery frequency whenever you wish and customize your orders with 20+ add-ons. If you do not want to subscribe, you can shop commitment-free.
Porter Road does not accept returns. However, if there is something wrong with your order, be sure to contact the support staff via phone or email as soon as possible and request a replacement or a refund.
Porter Road offers free shipping on subscriptions and one-time orders worth $100 or more. One-time orders worth less than $100 come with a $10 Standard shipping fee or a $20 Express shipping fee.
Porter Road ships throughout the mainland US.
Best for meat lovers who want to know exactly where their meat comes from
Crowd Cow has limited its selection to high-quality beef, pork, and chicken. It offers over 100 different cuts at all times, ranging from New York strip steak to cow tongue and chicken feet and liver.
Crowd Cow brings you 100% grass-fed beef, pasture-raised, grain-fed beef, Japanese A5 Wagyu beef, pasture-raised heritage pork, and pasture-raised chicken.
Crowd Cow only sells meat.
Crowd Cow obtains meat from family-owned farms and ranches across the country, which are carefully vetted to ensure they employ the best sustainability practices. The company provides plenty of details on each of its partner farms and ranches, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
With Crowd Cow, you can opt for one-off orders with no minimum value or subscribe. The company offers flexible subscriptions, allowing you to speed up or postpone your delivery and cancel your subscription at any time.
If you are not satisfied with your shipment, get in touch with Crowd Cow's customer support staff within 7 days. You may receive a replacement or a full or partial refund, depending on the circumstances.
Crowd Cow charges $12.99+ for shipping. The costs vary depending on location.
Crowd Cow ships all over the continental US.
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Matt Rivers on 07/11/2019Better than we hoped! We liked that the meat was fresh and pasture raised and the prices were ok so we got the best of PR box to see if it's any good. NY strip was real tender and tasted amazing and the ground beef was far better than what we usually get. Our warmest recommendation!
- Submitted By Martin Caldwell on 02/20/2019The first meat subscription I'm actually glad I got. Worth every buck!
- Submitted By Zachary A. on 08/03/2019My first order was delayed by one day, and as a result was thrown in the trash by the delivery service. Will not use the service again.
- Submitted By Deonne on 06/25/2019I ordered the Pasture Raised Grain Finished Black Angus Ribeye From Wolfe Brothers Farm. I found a good deal for 2 Ribeyes. Loved the packaging and the beef was frozen. It took some time to order because I have never ordered beef online but everything looked fresh and delicious. I have to be honest to say the beef looked great and I notice some beef have a smell once you take it out the packaging but I smelled nothing but freshness. The beef wasn’t tender and I wasn’t impressed at all. CC tried to make it right but I see no need to continue to order beef from them. I really wanted to try the Wagyu but never mind. I actually found a local farm in the area called Hancock Family Farms I will buy my fresh beef from and he wants honest opinions and stands by his product. I don’t like a business not standing by their product, customer service told me they have like 70 farms so I should find something I like. I’m really supposed to try all farms to just get a piece of tender beef, no thanks CC.
- Submitted By Richard Smith on 02/07/2019Really good but too expensive.
- Submitted By Larry Young on 01/08/2019Great idea and even greater product. My father was a rancher and I know how hard it can be, services like these are much-needed, not only because it’s so hard to get healthy meat but because they actually help ranchers, which is a big plus in my book.
With Porter Road meat delivery service, you can have 100% pasture-raised meat delivered fresh from small family farms to your kitchen. The company’s offer includes about 100 different cuts available for purchase with or without a subscription. Read our Porter Road review to discover whether this service has what it takes to satisfy your cravings.