If your body is craving something healthy and tasty, but there is no room for cooking in your overcrowded schedule, it is time to give meal delivery services a shot. Check out our What A Crock VS Sun Basket comparison and find out which one to trust with taking care of your diet. Enjoy amazing meals, hassle-free!
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.50
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 31 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Elizabeth Berger on 04/12/20185 Stars all the way from value to taste to convince to customer service this company is a life saver for a busy mom! What a Crock has made my busy schedule so much more bearable and the food is amazing.
- Submitted By Brian Bentley on 03/10/2018Great food servings are huge and the customer service is outstanding. I am currently on a meal plan with this company and everything has been top notch.
- Submitted By Kelly Martin on 02/08/2018I cant say enough good things about this company. The quality, quantity, and taste all exceed expectations and the customer service just puts the cherry on top. I had a very small issue with one of my meals (it was missing a pack of rice) after reaching out they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Delivery was also fantastic. After reading a little about the company I realized they are a smaller family owned business and because of that I did not expect to receive my meals very quickly but but I place my first order at 9 am on a Thursday and they where waiting for me Friday when I came home from work, I placed my second order on a Sunday evening and had my meals waiting for me on Tuesday. Give them a try you will not be disappointed!
- Submitted By Jessica on 01/13/2018I had my first order arrive last week. The meals are not only delicious but the portions are huge! We love this service and how convenient it is to cook. We tried other services in the past but didn’t always have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour in the kitchen to cook them. With What a Crock we just place the meal in the crock pot in the morning and its ready when we get home that night. I also love the fact they come frozen that way if something pops up I don’t have to worry about them going bad if I don’t eat them right away.
- Submitted By Melanie L. on 07/17/2018We received our first box of meals today. I was excited to try something new since we had been using Blue Apron for the last 6 weeks. I loved how the ingredients were already separated according to recipe, something that I had been wishing Blue Apron would do. The quality of ingredients was poor! The radishes seemed to have been kept at too high of a temp at some point, the peach wasnt ripe and the avocado had been substituted with grape tomatoes. Disappointment! Worst of all the chicken had the strangest texture that I couldnt even explain. I throwing the rest out. I personally don't trust it to be ok. Back to Blue Apron for sure. I haven't been disappointed with even one meal.
- Submitted By Mercy on 07/14/2018There have been a few hiccups with orders (it feels like they're still adjusting to their growth), but their customer service is always 100% friendly and supportive. The food has been great (fresh, high quality meat and produce). But I especially like their many diet options, from vegan to paleo. Paleo pescetarian is especially hard to find (at no additional cost) and has been a great option/compromise for me and my husband!
- Submitted By PegggPePePSauPeggyP SaunkeahP Saunkeah on 07/12/2018Sun Basket delivery service and customer service is the least efficient of all the meal plans on the market today. It is more expensive than most and the delivery date is unpredictable resulting in spoiled, rotten food that is your meals for that week. Total inconvenience and we have spent too many weeks trying to resolve these issues with Customer Service even providing pictures of the disintegrated boxes and spoiled food. Customer service is willing to discount a small percentage on future deliveries which is what we have done, several times, but the delivery problems continue and we will be using Plated. If SB cannot get the food delivered on the scheduled date and fresh, other food delivery services can! Buyer beware!!!!!
- Submitted By Jules on 05/17/2018My husband and I love to eat and are adventurous eaters who enjoy ethnic food and a variety of flavors. Unfortunately, my husband and I do not enjoy cooking. We actually kind of hate it. So, all that translates to a LOT of take-out and eating out. This service hasn't magically transformed us into chefs who now love to cook, but it has made our dinners much easier and healthier. Some people complain about the price; however, keep in mind that the service: 1. Takes care of finding recipes and meal planning 2. Provides all the (organic!) ingredients so you don't have to go to the store - big one for us! 3. Portions out all the ingredients so you don't overeat and you also don’t have 9/10th a bushel of parsley rotting in your fridge. 4. Allows you to cook with unique spices/sauces without having to invest in an entire bag/bottle. Suffice it to say, it's worth it for us and folks like us who are culinarily challenged. We enjoy the variety of recipes/cuisines and meal plans (i.e. gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) compared to some of the other meal delivery services. Here are the CONS we’ve experienced: - Some of the recipes are fairly complex with quite a few steps which makes it tough if you’re cooking solo. - It’s not the cheapest, especially if you upgrade the meats. - Delivery days are limited depending on your location. - They send a new recipe book… every week! Seems excessive and wasteful. I’ve got a huge pile accumulating. All in all, we are satisfied enough with the past 6 months of service and plan to continue.
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist, and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals quickly. Discover if this is the right meal kit delivery service for you in our Sun Basket review.