If your body is craving something healthy and tasty, but there is no room for cooking in your overcrowded schedule, it is time to give meal delivery services a shot. Check out our What A Crock VS Purple Carrot comparison and find out which one to trust with taking care of your diet. Enjoy amazing meals, hassle-free!
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.50
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 31 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Elizabeth Berger on 04/12/20185 Stars all the way from value to taste to convince to customer service this company is a life saver for a busy mom! What a Crock has made my busy schedule so much more bearable and the food is amazing.
- Submitted By Brian Bentley on 03/10/2018Great food servings are huge and the customer service is outstanding. I am currently on a meal plan with this company and everything has been top notch.
- Submitted By Kelly Martin on 02/08/2018I cant say enough good things about this company. The quality, quantity, and taste all exceed expectations and the customer service just puts the cherry on top. I had a very small issue with one of my meals (it was missing a pack of rice) after reaching out they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Delivery was also fantastic. After reading a little about the company I realized they are a smaller family owned business and because of that I did not expect to receive my meals very quickly but but I place my first order at 9 am on a Thursday and they where waiting for me Friday when I came home from work, I placed my second order on a Sunday evening and had my meals waiting for me on Tuesday. Give them a try you will not be disappointed!
- Submitted By Jessica on 01/13/2018I had my first order arrive last week. The meals are not only delicious but the portions are huge! We love this service and how convenient it is to cook. We tried other services in the past but didn’t always have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour in the kitchen to cook them. With What a Crock we just place the meal in the crock pot in the morning and its ready when we get home that night. I also love the fact they come frozen that way if something pops up I don’t have to worry about them going bad if I don’t eat them right away.
- Submitted By Jennifer Moline on 10/21/2018I have to stress I’m not a vegan, I just had to switch to plant-based because of health problems. I’ve always loved meat and it was hard for me to find anything vegan that was satisfying enough. This is my third order so far and apart from (ironically) a couple of carrots in the first order that didn’t look all that fresh when I got them, I’ve never had any problems with the service and when I told them about the carrots, they offered a full refund, which was really nice (I didn’t take it because everything else was fine). I like the recipes and the portions are just right for me, I’ll definitely keep ordering, at least until I start eating meat again.
- Submitted By Tim Wilkerson on 09/24/2018I wouldn’t call myself picky, but there are foods I don’t like and there are foods I don’t even want to try. I like Purple Carrot and I’ve been ordering for months now, but it happened more than once that I had to skip because I didn’t like all the recipes. Sure, 6 is better than 3, but I still believe there should be at least 10 recipes per week, that way I wouldn’t have to skip and spend time grocery shopping and searching for recipes on my own, which I reaaaaalllyyyyy hate. I mean, it sounds like I’m unsatisfied, which I’m not, I loved everything I got from Purple Carrot, I just think it would be better for everyone if there were more recipes.
- Submitted By Beth Reich on 09/11/2018I am a senior citizen that was given a gift of Purple Carrot after a major accident. I did not fill the gift order for months due to a subsequent major surgery. When I finally filled it, I was told , even though I only planned to get my gift box , I had to provide my credit card even though it was easy to cancel. My gift box arrived with 2 out of 3 of the meals having a major ingredient either totally or at least 1/2 rotten. I did not report this since I planned to only receive my gift box. I emailed a notification to cancel, which the company said they received, and sent in a subsequent survey. The company said they never got my survey and the steps needed to cancel were not followed, even though I had been assured these were simple. I heard nothing for 1 month, at which time I was told I was receiving a box the next day and had been charged $72 for goods we did not even like. We sent the box back and complained, but were told we had signed a contract and no reparations, let alone apologies, were offered. My husband is retired and I am barely working. I feel this is a totally dishonest and unacceptable manner in which to run a business, and would never recommend this company to anyone.
- Submitted By Michael on 09/06/2018I received my first meal kit from Purple Carrot today, and I was horrified when I open the box. Where to begin. First, the inside of the box was a soggy mess because the ice packs had melted completely, and one was punctured so the slimy gel contents coated the entire order. Second, much of the produce - the kale (yellowing), avocado (rotten and mushy), scallions (rotten and slimy), and peas (rotten and slimy) - were inedible. I wish there was an option for zero stars. Needless to say, I cancelled my account.
Purple Carrot brings you nothing but the freshest seasonal ingredients available and 100% vegan recipes. If you are on a vegan diet or just trying to eat healthily, Purple Carrot can make things simple and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Read our objective review and learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health.