If your body is craving something healthy and tasty, but there is no room for cooking in your overcrowded schedule, it is time to give meal delivery services a shot. Check out our What A Crock VS Purple Carrot comparison and find out which one to trust with taking care of your diet. Enjoy amazing meals, hassle-free!
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.50
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 31 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Elizabeth Berger on 04/12/20185 Stars all the way from value to taste to convince to customer service this company is a life saver for a busy mom! What a Crock has made my busy schedule so much more bearable and the food is amazing.
- Submitted By Brian Bentley on 03/10/2018Great food servings are huge and the customer service is outstanding. I am currently on a meal plan with this company and everything has been top notch.
- Submitted By Kelly Martin on 02/08/2018I cant say enough good things about this company. The quality, quantity, and taste all exceed expectations and the customer service just puts the cherry on top. I had a very small issue with one of my meals (it was missing a pack of rice) after reaching out they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Delivery was also fantastic. After reading a little about the company I realized they are a smaller family owned business and because of that I did not expect to receive my meals very quickly but but I place my first order at 9 am on a Thursday and they where waiting for me Friday when I came home from work, I placed my second order on a Sunday evening and had my meals waiting for me on Tuesday. Give them a try you will not be disappointed!
- Submitted By Jessica on 01/13/2018I had my first order arrive last week. The meals are not only delicious but the portions are huge! We love this service and how convenient it is to cook. We tried other services in the past but didn’t always have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour in the kitchen to cook them. With What a Crock we just place the meal in the crock pot in the morning and its ready when we get home that night. I also love the fact they come frozen that way if something pops up I don’t have to worry about them going bad if I don’t eat them right away.
- Submitted By Stephen Eingorn on 06/15/2018He pluses are that the items arrived as promised, and that the company is easy to deal with and to cancel the subscription.. I only had to send two emails( the first was “lost,” ) The menu cards are nice.y illustrates and the steps easy to follow. The cons: Food can be quite high as in fat. Often 60-70%. Some dishes are inedible, for example the so called fish and chips. Sodium is often too high. The food is mostly not organic, even when organic varieties are readily available in local,chain supermarkets. I refer to avocados, chickpeas and many others. The quality of the food is only fair. The preparation time is often longer than stated and sometimes the recipes omit important steps Although well,packaged, the food often arrives warm. Spoilage is a concern. The ice packs are always melted when we unpack the boxes You could purchase much more food for the price in any supermarket. I am disappointed in Mark Bitman, whom I have admired for his writing and common sense approach to eating. I have cancelled my subscription. Too bad. It was a great idea
- Submitted By Kimberly Zeh on 06/05/2018Do not order Purple Carrot. Unlike listed on their website, or in this review of their food. Purple Carrot does not have 100% plant-based ingredients. Some of their recipes include High Fructose Corn Syrup. When I approached them about it, here's what they told me: "I just wanted to take a moment and share with you that we are not and do not claim to be a health service, a dietary service and have never made claims that we source specifically non-GMO or Organic produce. While I do understand the wants for more "whole foods" as you put it, I just want to ensure you that we have always and will always stick to our mission of providing delicious, hassle-free plant-based meals for our customers to prepare in home." I too received boxes of food perished or main ingredients missing - and they have been nice about refunding me. However, I cannot and will not continue my service with them because I feel cheated from their false advertisement. For those of us looking for healthy options, MAKE SURE you read all the packages before you use. Also, their spices, pastes, dairy substitutes come in containers that label the name of the ingredient - you don't actually know what the stuff is made up or what brand it is from. Anyway folks, BE CAREFUL.
- Submitted By David Herring on 05/19/20181st meal delivery for me . WOW!! Talk about good. 5 stars is not enough. Purple Carrot is the best.
- Submitted By jennifer Hughes on 04/09/2018I’m reading reviews and I havent experienced any of the bad they speak of. I’m going on 6 months of getting weekly deliveries and I’m blown away more with every recipe I make. Absolutely delicious meals incorporating ingredients I’ve never tried before. Eating plant based has never been so easy!
Purple Carrot is a meal kit service that offers the freshest seasonal ingredients and 100% vegan recipes. It makes cooking simple by doing all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health in our objective review and Purple Carrot reviews from our readers who have tried the company’s kits.