If your body is craving something healthy and tasty, but there is no room for cooking in your overcrowded schedule, it is time to give meal delivery services a shot. Check out our What A Crock VS Plated comparison and find out which one to trust with taking care of your diet. Enjoy amazing meals, hassle-free!
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.50
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 31 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Elizabeth Berger on 04/12/20185 Stars all the way from value to taste to convince to customer service this company is a life saver for a busy mom! What a Crock has made my busy schedule so much more bearable and the food is amazing.
- Submitted By Brian Bentley on 03/10/2018Great food servings are huge and the customer service is outstanding. I am currently on a meal plan with this company and everything has been top notch.
- Submitted By Kelly Martin on 02/08/2018I cant say enough good things about this company. The quality, quantity, and taste all exceed expectations and the customer service just puts the cherry on top. I had a very small issue with one of my meals (it was missing a pack of rice) after reaching out they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Delivery was also fantastic. After reading a little about the company I realized they are a smaller family owned business and because of that I did not expect to receive my meals very quickly but but I place my first order at 9 am on a Thursday and they where waiting for me Friday when I came home from work, I placed my second order on a Sunday evening and had my meals waiting for me on Tuesday. Give them a try you will not be disappointed!
- Submitted By Jessica on 01/13/2018I had my first order arrive last week. The meals are not only delicious but the portions are huge! We love this service and how convenient it is to cook. We tried other services in the past but didn’t always have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour in the kitchen to cook them. With What a Crock we just place the meal in the crock pot in the morning and its ready when we get home that night. I also love the fact they come frozen that way if something pops up I don’t have to worry about them going bad if I don’t eat them right away.
- Submitted By Laura on 06/16/2018The convenience of this service is a 4*, but, we received meal kits with spoiled ingredients on our first delivery in 2/3 recipes. There were missing ingredients, too. It's hard to make za'atar French fries without the spice--it's not something in my spice collection.The second week, we were promised delivery on Friday. The food was shipped on Wednesday, and wasn't delivered until Saturday afternoon in 90* temperatures. No wonder ingredients are slimy and spoiled. Poor attention to detail, I'm canceling.
- Submitted By April on 06/13/2018My husband and I have been using Plated since October of 2016, roughly around 360 meals to date. We began our box delivery service with HelloFresh and then Blue Apron and finally landed on Plated. At first, the meals were extremely time-consuming and difficult. I am a teacher and my husband is in sales, so coming home after 13 hour days and having to cook a meal that took me over an hour just wasn't going to cut it. However, I stuck with them a little longer because their food was delicious and this is the only company that we had tried, thus far, that offered so many options. We have now been using them going on two years and I have no plans to stop. They have adjusted their recipes so that they are not so time consuming and require so much prep; they have also added a ton of recipe choices including yummy desserts! Yes, they may be a tad more expensive, but in my opinion, it's worth it because the food is always fresh and delicious! Plated also has AMAZING customer service. If there is absolutely anything wrong with any of your ingredients, no matter how small the ingredient, they will credit your account no questions asked. If you have allergies, Plated always lists all allergens on their recipe cards and on the website or app when you are selecting your recipes. They offer vegetarian, low-cal/carb, and gluten free options as well. I highly recommend this company and I can only see them getting better each year!
- Submitted By Robyn IarobyncoaRngeli on 03/28/2018I ordered for the 1st time. Waited all day- Started a chat at 7:45 to let them know nothing has been delivered. Told me to wait until 8:00. Reached out again at 8:01. Going back and forth finally got a credit back to me, only that it will take 5-7 business days. Fedex - stated at 8:15 that the business was closed. This was a condo delivery. Called fed-ex not helpful. Contacted Plated again - it will be my descretion if I choose the food upon arrival. Completely unacceptable! Cancelled my subscription immediately. Very Poor - I do not want to give them a 1 star - completely below standards.
- Submitted By Tammy on 03/24/2018I used Plated for a couple of years and enjoyed. When they were bought out this year the meat .... beef was less quality cut and the package was 2 ice packs instead of 4 packs.. It looked like getting less for the same price.. the original plated company always cared about your comments and concerns.......new owners never replied to my concerns. I no longer purchase Plated meals.
Plated is a meal kit delivery service that offers very flexible subscription plans, as well as high-quality foods. Each week, it comes up with a new seasonal menu, including 20 new recipes and 2 desserts, easily meeting the needs of its customers. Read our thorough analysis of the Plated meal kit service and dozens of user-written Plated reviews.