If your body is craving something healthy and tasty, but there is no room for cooking in your overcrowded schedule, it is time to give meal delivery services a shot. Check out our What A Crock VS Home Chef comparison and find out which one to trust with taking care of your diet. Enjoy amazing meals, hassle-free!
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.50
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 31 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Elizabeth Berger on 04/12/20185 Stars all the way from value to taste to convince to customer service this company is a life saver for a busy mom! What a Crock has made my busy schedule so much more bearable and the food is amazing.
- Submitted By Brian Bentley on 03/10/2018Great food servings are huge and the customer service is outstanding. I am currently on a meal plan with this company and everything has been top notch.
- Submitted By Kelly Martin on 02/08/2018I cant say enough good things about this company. The quality, quantity, and taste all exceed expectations and the customer service just puts the cherry on top. I had a very small issue with one of my meals (it was missing a pack of rice) after reaching out they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. Delivery was also fantastic. After reading a little about the company I realized they are a smaller family owned business and because of that I did not expect to receive my meals very quickly but but I place my first order at 9 am on a Thursday and they where waiting for me Friday when I came home from work, I placed my second order on a Sunday evening and had my meals waiting for me on Tuesday. Give them a try you will not be disappointed!
- Submitted By Jessica on 01/13/2018I had my first order arrive last week. The meals are not only delicious but the portions are huge! We love this service and how convenient it is to cook. We tried other services in the past but didn’t always have the time to spend 30 minutes to an hour in the kitchen to cook them. With What a Crock we just place the meal in the crock pot in the morning and its ready when we get home that night. I also love the fact they come frozen that way if something pops up I don’t have to worry about them going bad if I don’t eat them right away.
- Submitted By Matt on 09/15/2018Two of the last three boxes completely warm and spoiled upon arrival. I luckily noticed while my daughter was unpacking, but if I didn't we'd be sick! The "pause" button on the web site is intentionally tricky. It seems like you cancelled, but they keep sending you food. By the time you find out (a warm box of food arrives a day late), you have to pay for at least two more orders you don't want (or didn't pick out). This is because the next order is locked before you receive the first order, and so they really design everything to get you. They compete on price, not quality, so they take every possible short cut, including ice and packaging. Unfortunately, when you don't know your account is not cancelled they pick out gross meals to send, such as tofu and beets. I finally figured you have to go through 4 or 5 screens before they really cancel the account. But, I still have to pay for another box they "finalized" and will surely get here spoiled. This is the worst of the food services I have tried.
- Submitted By Justine Little on 09/05/2018I am not sure what was worse with this company the food or the customer service. I don't normally leave bad reviews but I feel compelled to do so in this case because my husband was super sick from the shrimp in my second box. I only received two shipments from this company, the first box had moldy corn in it and customer service took 4 days to get back to me about it with nothing more than a hey we are sorry about that. I canceled my subscription but not before then second box shipped. In my opinion they do not package their food adequately so the shrink wrap on the fish and shrimp was not vacuumed sealed when it arrived. That should have been my clue to through it away. The shrimp pad thai was tasteless other than the flavor of questionable shrimp. My husband only ate 4 or 5 bites and decided it was not worth taking the chance to finish, good call on his part or he may have ended up in the hospital instead of the bathroom all night. Needless to say I threw out the rest of the meals after that, what a waste of money. If I could give this company less than one star I would. Customer service terrible, food quality terrible, flavors in meals terrible. I have tried a few meal delivery service companies and this is the worst by far.
- Submitted By Ben on 08/30/2018Overall I'm happy with Home Chaf, but recently my boxes have been arriving a bit damaged (some of the ingredients too). I guess this is the courier's fault, but Home Chef should do something about this and make sure we all get our boxes in perfect condition. Other than this, the service is excellent.
- Submitted By Tara C on 08/25/2018i'm a long time home chef customer and i just wanted to tell everyone thinking aobut subscribing to do it!!! you won't regret it, home chef is a dream come true if you want to cook but don't really know how or don't have enough time. all the meals i made following home chef recipes were so delicious that i was even asked a couple of times if i ordered food from a restaurant. home chef is that good! don't listen to the bad reviews, those are people who obviously don't know how a meal delivery works or are unable to follow simple recipes!!!
Home Chef is a meal kit delivery service that supplies you with only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. What sets it apart is the amazing variety of recipes you can choose from. To discover how the service works, what kind of recipes it offers, how much it costs, and whether it is right for you, read our detailed Home Chef review.