We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Send A Meal and Top Chef Meals and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Send A Meal VS Top Chef Meals comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $8.00
- Shipping Cost: $19.95
- Delivery Area: 38 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|Send A Meal pricing|
|Meal Gifts||Prepared Meals||Special Diets|
|from $15.95||from $11.95||from $69.95|
|2-4 Servings||2-4 Servings||2-4 Servings|
|Meal||Price per meal|
|Breakfast||$4.95 - $6.25|
|Lunch/Dinner||$7.25 - $15.65|
|Dessert||$3.25 - $5.00|
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Anne Carpenter on 02/18/2019Got a new baby gift for my best friend, she absolutely loved it, will be ordering again for sure.
- Submitted By Frank Willis on 01/08/2019Excellent quality, delivered on time, the prices are fine. Still, considering that they have so many meals on offer, they could really add more diabetic meals to the menu and let you buy them individually, not in packs. In theory, you could buy a single meal, but you actually have to order at least 7 meals at once if you are a diabetic, since they only come in 7-meal packs. It's not like I would order just 1, but I hate being forced to buy exactly 7, 14 or whatever.
- Submitted By Gloria on 03/16/2019I used to write dining out reviews for a local paper here in Long Island. I’m a very satisfied customer. Love most of the foods i’ve ordered and find the delivery and customer service excellent. I do have a suggestion though. Is there any way to add a lobster tail to a beef meal like filet mignon? (My favorite). Problem is, it’s hard to get to sample new meals that sound and look tempting since I have limited freezer space and keep reordering my favorites!
- Submitted By carol2595 on 08/18/2018I have been ordering these meals for a year now for my 85 year old Mom and have tried a few when I visit. Both of us love cooking and together have spent many years preparing, serving, and enjoying our meals. As Mom aged and meals began to be a problem, I ordered these for her, against her will, and she has, with only an exception or two, thoroughly enjoyed Top Chef dinners. Directions are detailed and highly specific to the individual meal, she has no difficulty following them, and Mom is especially impressed with their fish and fresh vegetables. Customer service has been great and they even noticed and called me regarding a meal I ordered that contained an ingredient Mom likes to avoid. After reading some of the one star ratings, I wonder if we're eating the same food. Not only does it taste good but she gets to maintain more independence and I can be assured she's eating nourishing meals.
- Submitted By TC on 07/28/2018I ordered 10 different meals for my parents. There were 3 sets of directions and no matter how cooked the meals were so bad they could not eat them. Soggy, tasteless and meat like cardboard. After the 4th set of meals we threw the rest in the trash. Top Chef customer service was pathetic and ignored the complaint. A total waste of money and the worst customer service!
- Submitted By Carolyn on 07/16/2018I ordered these for my elderly mom who lives alone. She said they were tasteless. She tried 4 different meals and they were all bland and disappointing. I won't order from them again.
Send A Meal is a frozen meal delivery with a huge selection of dishes for various kinds of special diets and occasions. It lets you shop with zero commitments or limitations and its pricing is rather fair. If you are craving some tasty gourmet dishes or want to get a nice gift for a foodie in your life, be sure to read our full Send A Meal review.