When choosing between two such amazing services like Jenny Craig and The Good Kitchen, you need to take a good look at all the little details that may make one superior to the other. The goal of this Jenny Craig VS The Good Kitchen comparison is to provide an objective assessment of the quality of both services based on the degree to which they satisfy all the major criteria for meal delivery comparison. View the scores they received on every criterion, take a look at their most prominent features side by side, and discover which one of them has done more to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Price Range: $$$
- Average Price Per Meal: $15.00
- Shipping Cost: $29.00
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $12.30
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|The trial program|
|Costs per month||Enrollment fee|
|The Premium program|
|Costs per month||Enrollment fee|
|Your Custom Meal Plan|
|Meals Per Delivery||Price Per Meal||Price Per Delivery|
|6 - 9||$13.99||$83.94 - $125.91|
|10 - 14||$13.00||$130.00 - $182.00|
|22 - 35||$10.99||$241.78 - $384.65|
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Lisa Ryan on 10/05/2019You’re better off going to a local Jenny Craig supplier to pick up your food. Jenny Craig Anywhere, with online shipping, have controlling and overbearing consultants. They try to force you to buy food that you don’t want, in order to just get the regular food that you do want. Truly, I often felt like I was dealing with people trained by Aunt Lydia. They are not female friendly. Multiple times their management has told me the problem was corrected, and each time I tried to place an order I faced the very same struggle. Control freaks.If I want to buy the dress, I shouldn’t be forced to buy the shoes and hat.The program works. The food is pretty good. But don’t put yourself through the difficulty of trying to purchase what you want through JC Anywhere, which is pretty costly to begin with, when you can go to a local JC store and deal with reasonable and respectful people.
- Submitted By Jillian Ballard on 09/27/2019I am a busy, professional, single mom of two. I decided to do Jenny Craig after researching other pre-prepared food diet plans and was talked into signing up for an "auto-ship" plan where I essentially paid for a whole month of food up front that would be sent to me in two two-week shipments. I was excited to get my food which all looked really good. I started on a Friday, and weighed myself everyday, took my measurements like my coach told me. The food all tasted good enough, but i started to notice very quickly that my stomach was becoming more and more unsettled as i stayed on plan. Lots of gas (my four year old liked to comment on it), and lots of afternoon runs to the office bathroom. I started googling for whether this was a common occurrence and read many reports of "high fiber" and therefore chalked it up to my body adjusting. It got worse and worse each day. By the time my consultant called the following friday for my week one check in, I had gained a pound and (how I wish I were joking) almost pooped my pants several times during the week. I explained that all to her and asked if that was normal - which, clearly, it wasn't . She suggested I see a doctor, and suggested I talk with customer service in order to try to get a refund for my second two week order as it was supposed to ship out in a few days. I spoke with customer service and a manager and was informed that despite having spent over $600 with them for one month's worth of food, and despite the food making me physically sick, there was nothing they could do and that I could not have a refund what so ever and that they would be shipping my food regardless. RUN, do not walk, AWAY FROM JENNY CRAIG. Terrible customer service, even when their product clearly does not work for you. So much fine print to wade through they just want to take your money.
- Submitted By Oregon Granny on 06/21/2019In order to receive free shipping you must order a full 4 weeks of food. The food is shipped in 2-2week boxes. When placing the order I had items removed because I don't like them. When I received to first 2 week box the items had not been replaced. I requested the second 2 week box be reviewed to assure the same error s had not been made. I was told so sad too bad, no changes are allowed even if we made the error.
- Submitted By lawrence on 02/03/2019I was on Jenny Craig for 5 years ago and hit the weight loss goals I had set. I continued to get message and offers from them to come back. So the new year arrived and I set some goal to loose a few pounds. Jenny Craig offered me 200.00 dollars off of membership and so I went back. It was funny that really nothing much had changed in the meals except they don't have meals in the red sauce that can survive at room temperature on the shelf. So I went in weighed in and after spending 176.00 I had my affirmations ready to shed some weight. When I got home I was wondering how the frozen meals compared to grocery store meals so I looked at my Invoice. There was a total charge but no itemization. That was a bummer... strike 1I have been getting some frozen lean meals at the grocery store and when I compared the calories, carbs, sugars and fats. The Jenny Craig meals were the same or slightly higher and the taste was not as good. strike 2About the third day I realized that this was not for me ( strike 3) with so many healthy and fresh non frozen choices available today I opted to move my diet business elsewhere.I feel the Jenny Craig business model is similar to Yellow Cab slow to change and not concerned with customer service and value. We all saw how Uber radically changed this market. I am confident that for the price I paid there is a service that is better suited for my goals.So in short I am not a fan.
- Submitted By Linda Larsen on 03/13/2019This is a terrible company. They state on their website that they offer 100% satisfaction but if the food is awful there are NO refunds. They only offer refunds if there is a food safety problem. The meat is tough and the food is flavorless. I have never been so disappointed in a product. I wasted $100. I'd give you -10 stars if I could.
- Submitted By Mikey on 16/02/2019I was very excited to try a service that not only send you the food, but they send it cooked. Meal prepping for work days is a big hassle, so I figured i would give it a shot. I will tell you, you can find better and cheaper meals in the frozen food section at your local grocery store. The food is bland and the meat is typically dry. For the price I thought I was going to have some pretty tasty foods. Really think about it before trying it. It’s not worth the premium price.
- Submitted By Kevin on 07/06/2018I have been ordering from this company now for a few months. The portion sizes are perfect for me. The calories are low and the food is clean. The taste is always really good. The nutritional information is posted on the website for each dish before you order in case you're counting calories or looking for something else. I like the variety and I choose the 1 time ordering option so I can order 30 meals at a crack and pop them in the freezer. I take 1 out each day for my lunch at work. A quick microwave and I have a great lunch everyday. Easy to pack to take to work as well. This has helped me with portion control and I look forward to my lunch everyday. Good service and I think the price is well worth the product. I'm going to enjoy the Falafel with Tahini Sauce and Grilled Eggplant at lunchtime today.
- Submitted By Bob Arnaud on 03/10/2018I'm a busy single working professional, I wanted the facility to have a healthy meal at lunch (work) and late at night when I come home. The meals come refrigerated thus it is convenient, 2-3min is the microwave and you are good to go. The choices are ok, there are a lot of exotic dishes (just an opinion), which means a lot of weird spices, sometimes you just want a good simple piece of protein and some vegetables. They deliver on a Tuesday or Wednesday, for me that wasn't convenient because I required meals during the work week. However, the worst criticism I have to deliver, and why it only got a one star, is the meat quality. I found myself chewing on bits of cartilage (chicken meat ball and Italian sausage) or worst a long piece of fat/intestine in a beef meal, it was very disgusting. Perhaps, to some people that might not be a problem but for the "hand-made" claims they advertise, this appears to be more industrial food preparations. This was a huge disappointment as I was going to continue their subscription, you can choice meals that week (though don't wait until Friday because all the good stuff is gone), packaging is good, easy to use but all that doesn't matter if the meal is uneatable.
The Good Kitchen is a meal delivery service that exclusively offers tasty meals that are 100% good for you. Made of clean, organic, and non-GMO ingredients, cooked by professional chefs, and frozen fresh, this company’s meals are a great solution for busy people who want to eat healthily. Learn more about this service in our The Good Kitchen review.