If you would like to start eating healthier but do not have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Chef's Plate VS Takeout Kit comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $7.32
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Joe Gasbarrone on 08/12/2018Marvelous idea and excellent product, thank you! The kits are easy and fun, practical and affordable. We enjoy the preparation and the entire experience. We also enjoy sharing kits with friends as gifts. Ever try to prepare risotto? Well, don’t bother, just buy this kit!
- Submitted By Scott Fisher on 11/29/2017Easier than other meal kits, real good food, I usually cook twice with 1 kit. The only problem is that some ingredients are hard to divide in two, I have to repack them, it's a bit of a hassle. It's not exactly single-friendly.
- Submitted By Linda Hernandez on 10/21/2017Quick, tasty and really fun, I love reading about the dishes and they are really different from anything else I've tried. The prices are good too, I googled some of the products in the kit, they can get real expensive.
- Submitted By Jane Patton on 10/02/2017Perfect for families, get ready for a lot of leftovers if you are cooking for 1-2.
Takeout Kit is an extraordinary meal kit service that takes you on a culinary trip around the globe with the finest takeout classics and a variety of exotic dishes handpicked for real foodies. You can subscribe or shop commitment-free. Read this Takeout Kit review and learn all about the unique meal kits that stay fresh much longer than others.