If you would like to start eating healthier but do not have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Takeout Kit VS Sun Basket comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $33.00
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Scott Fisher on 11/29/2017Easier than other meal kits, real good food, I usually cook twice with 1 kit. The only problem is that some ingredients are hard to divide in two, I have to repack them, it's a bit of a hassle. It's not exactly single-friendly.
- Submitted By Linda Hernandez on 10/21/2017Quick, tasty and really fun, I love reading about the dishes and they are really different from anything else I've tried. The prices are good too, I googled some of the products in the kit, they can get real expensive.
- Submitted By Jane Patton on 10/02/2017Perfect for families, get ready for a lot of leftovers if you are cooking for 1-2.
- Submitted By Liz Robinson on 08/19/2017I am hooked! Everything is delicious and smells divine, easy to cook, and for me, the best part is learning about new ingredients and dishes, educational and tasty at the same time :D
- Submitted By A Reviewer on 04/19/2018The food is decent enough but pricey and somewhat mundane. There is nothing exceptional about any of the meals but it is comparable to the other 3 services I have tried.
- Submitted By chad pentecost on 04/17/2018On paper they sound and look great. However, reality is something different. The first two boxes we received had bad veggies in almost every meal. The meals pictured are not what is sent, they know this because the recipes reflect it. This company is a sham! I contacted them about my issues and they gave me a twenty dollar credit, not good enough when I'm paying 70 dollars a box and you might have one complete meal. I would not recommend this company to anyone, choose another meal plan any of them would have to be better.
- Submitted By Sheila on 04/11/2018I am sorry that you do not have a negative star rating. I ordered your meal and it was so bad, we could not eat it. I upgraded to the filet and it was so bad a butcher knife wouldn't even cut it. The food was nothing like it is photographed. The vegetables were dirty and not enough to feed 1 person alone 2. I was so disappointing and ended up tossing the last bag. Well actually I tried to see if I could use the up grated meat to make my own fajitas and it literally had so much gristle and fat I had to throw it all out. I was so angry. What a waste of money. When I called the company said, okay thank you for canceling your order. NO well lets see what we can do to help you. Think twice before ordering from here. I have to say I am shocked and it is disappointing.
- Submitted By Lisa on 04/02/2018My family loved sunbasket and then after the first of the year they changed. The packaging was worse--meals for four came in double the packaging--and the meal options became less family friendly. I hope they go back to the recipes they used before the first of the year. If they do, I would give it 5 stars again!
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals. The recipes are easy and the ingredients are pre-measured, which means no waste.