We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Nonna Box and Sun Basket and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Nonna Box VS Sun Basket comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $41.95
- Shipping Cost: $10.00
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Stephanie Bankhead on 09/08/2018The products we were received were wonderful. However the past 2 months have not received a box, nor have we been charged. Sent multiple messages and emails and no reply. The store shows every product out of stock. Is this company no longer in business?
- Submitted By Pat on 06/08/2018I purchased a 3-month subscription of Nonna Box and I am extremely happy with it: variety of products that you can't find in stores, easy to follow recipes, interesting facts about the ingredients. I've recommended the service to friends and happy to do it here.
- Submitted By John Waggner on 09/15/2017This is fantastic! Just got my first box and I can’t believe how amazing everything is, even the pasta is impressive. Can’t wait for the next one to arrive!
- Submitted By Laura Marsh on 07/24/2017Absolutely beautiful boxes, we have been to Italy 2 times already and this is the real stuff, believe me, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Submitted By Markus Cooper on 10/17/2018I have to admit Sun Basket is the first and only meal kit service I’ve tried. I used to order ready-made meals, but I like my food to be real fresh and after a day or two in transport, it’s really not the same as having a meal cooked right before you eat it. As far as I’m concerned, Sun Basket has it all. The recipes are really different and so easy and I like trying out new things, so it really works for me. I liked some recipes more than others, but even with the ones I didn’t love, I could just feel they were healthy, so I enjoyed them anyway.
- Submitted By Samantha Tyson on 10/05/2018I’ve been ordering for a year and a couple of times, I considered trying another service, but there’s something about having a SB box waiting for me on the doorstep that still makes me feel excited to come home and cook. I have no complaints but one: not all meals are equally satisfying. Sometime, a single portion is too much for me and sometimes I get hungry just an hour or two after the meal. This is something they should definitely pay attention to.
- Submitted By Carla Hansley on 09/28/2018When I was young, I wasn’t really into cooking and now I’m sad I didn’t show more interest and learn from my mom, she was such a great cook. Sun Basket has meant so much for me, because now I have to eat and cook healthy and my mom is no longer around to teach me. I’m far from a good cook, but I’ve already learned a lot and the meals I cook with SB are actually tasty. Worth every dime!
- Submitted By Phil on 09/18/2018I was so excited to try Sun Basket. Reviews were good, their website looked good, so I gave it a go! First delivery was disappointing. Everything arrived at room temperature. The ice pack had melted, the salmon smelled funny and the salad was off with a watery brown residue. Huge disappointment. To be fair, Sun Basket gave me a full refund. Delivery number 2. The ice pack although melted, was still chilled. However, the eggs were broken, the yellow pepper had gone bad and the green beans were not there! (Brussel sprouts included by mistake). So I am done. Sad, but I’m not willing to pay $50+ every week for a sub-standard service and product. @ Sun Basket - step up your game if you want to be taken seriously.
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist, and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals quickly. Discover if this is the right meal kit delivery service for you in our Sun Basket review.