We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Hungryroot and Sun Basket and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Hungryroot VS Sun Basket comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $69.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rosie Whittle on 06/10/2018Just discovered Hungryroots, a colleague brought their pad thai fried rice to work and it looked real good so we shared. I can’t remember having a better meal ever since I switched to plant based. I ordered the starter set today, if everything is as good as the rice, I’m getting a lifetime subscription :D
- Submitted By Joey Nash on 04/18/2018Everything great except for the portions, could be larger. I can eat the whole meal myself and it’s supposed to be 2 servings.
- Submitted By Lisa Henderson on 04/15/2018Got my first box yesterday, loved the packaging and everything looked and smelled really nice. I was just surprised that there are such great differences in taste and quality among meals, some were awesome and some just meh. But I guess it takes a couple of orders to figure out what you like.
- Submitted By Markus Cooper on 10/17/2018I have to admit Sun Basket is the first and only meal kit service I’ve tried. I used to order ready-made meals, but I like my food to be real fresh and after a day or two in transport, it’s really not the same as having a meal cooked right before you eat it. As far as I’m concerned, Sun Basket has it all. The recipes are really different and so easy and I like trying out new things, so it really works for me. I liked some recipes more than others, but even with the ones I didn’t love, I could just feel they were healthy, so I enjoyed them anyway.
- Submitted By Samantha Tyson on 10/05/2018I’ve been ordering for a year and a couple of times, I considered trying another service, but there’s something about having a SB box waiting for me on the doorstep that still makes me feel excited to come home and cook. I have no complaints but one: not all meals are equally satisfying. Sometime, a single portion is too much for me and sometimes I get hungry just an hour or two after the meal. This is something they should definitely pay attention to.
- Submitted By Carla Hansley on 09/28/2018When I was young, I wasn’t really into cooking and now I’m sad I didn’t show more interest and learn from my mom, she was such a great cook. Sun Basket has meant so much for me, because now I have to eat and cook healthy and my mom is no longer around to teach me. I’m far from a good cook, but I’ve already learned a lot and the meals I cook with SB are actually tasty. Worth every dime!
- Submitted By Phil on 09/18/2018I was so excited to try Sun Basket. Reviews were good, their website looked good, so I gave it a go! First delivery was disappointing. Everything arrived at room temperature. The ice pack had melted, the salmon smelled funny and the salad was off with a watery brown residue. Huge disappointment. To be fair, Sun Basket gave me a full refund. Delivery number 2. The ice pack although melted, was still chilled. However, the eggs were broken, the yellow pepper had gone bad and the green beans were not there! (Brussel sprouts included by mistake). So I am done. Sad, but I’m not willing to pay $50+ every week for a sub-standard service and product. @ Sun Basket - step up your game if you want to be taken seriously.
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist, and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals quickly. Discover if this is the right meal kit delivery service for you in our Sun Basket review.