We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Hungryroot and Sun Basket and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Hungryroot VS Sun Basket comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $69.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Rosie Whittle on 06/10/2018Just discovered Hungryroots, a colleague brought their pad thai fried rice to work and it looked real good so we shared. I can’t remember having a better meal ever since I switched to plant based. I ordered the starter set today, if everything is as good as the rice, I’m getting a lifetime subscription :D
- Submitted By Joey Nash on 04/18/2018Everything great except for the portions, could be larger. I can eat the whole meal myself and it’s supposed to be 2 servings.
- Submitted By Lisa Henderson on 04/15/2018Got my first box yesterday, loved the packaging and everything looked and smelled really nice. I was just surprised that there are such great differences in taste and quality among meals, some were awesome and some just meh. But I guess it takes a couple of orders to figure out what you like.
- Submitted By A on 08/06/2018This article is so biased! It’s a USDA requirement to label meat under safe handling guidelines, not “the people at Sun Basket taking the time to provide all the info” In summary, SB is for the Whole Foods audience.
- Submitted By Tracy Brady on 07/28/2018Delivery date changed with no notice. Tracking info inaccurate & by the time my order finally arrived everything was warm. Customer service is AWFUL. A rep did respond to my Yelp review (2 days ago) but I never heard anything back. I have contacted the company 3 other times, with NO response. Ridiculous!!!
- Submitted By Beth on 07/18/2018Tried a couple boxes and overall the food has been good, if somewhat bland for our taste. I liked the range of options and delivery for us has been prompt. Our biggest issue was portion size. We eat largely a meat and vegetable diet and the paleo/low-carb recipes just don't provide enough food. We've still been hungry after all but one meal. It's really not worth it when I have to go out and buy additional meat to supplement what they send us.
- Submitted By ChristinaG on 07/18/2018I’ve tried all the meal delivery companies. I was looking forward to this one because of the large selection of healthy recipes. Upon receiving my delivery I noticed my raw fish which wasn’t double bagged had Leaked all over all my other meals ( since they are packaged in paper bags this ruined almost everything). The raw chicken wasn’t bagged at all! My recipe book was so wet the pages ripped and stuck together. Absolutely the WORST packaging and attention to detail I’ve experienced yet! Also no real customer service number! Only email! I won’t be ordering again. Back to HOME CHEF. Which we love!
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist, and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals quickly. Discover if this is the right meal kit delivery service for you in our Sun Basket review.