We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Foodstirs and Sun Basket and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Foodstirs VS Sun Basket comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.34
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Anna Robertson on 12/22/2017We loved every kit we ordered, particularly out of this world donuts. It is easier that I thought, the decorations are beautiful and I love that it’s organic.
- Submitted By Ellie Adams on 10/29/2017I’m not much of a baker and I thought that I could never make the treats look as good as the ones in the photos, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is not that hard at all. I served the cake pops and pop-corn cupcakes at a party last week, everyone loved them!
- Submitted By Tim Phillips on 10/14/2017The kits could be a bit cheaper, but you do get the molds and stuff that you get to keep, so I guess it’s ok.
- Submitted By Matthew Moore on 09/13/2018Didn't like them, tried to cancel and shockingly it didn't take. So we get our near $100 box with only 3 meals!!!!!!!!!! I can feed the two us us all meals all week for that! Also one if the meals was fish which we set to never send us fish, so thanks for that. The vegetarian meal was not good and the 3 of the 5 veggies were not up to standard. She called and they refused to even correct the fish meal even after acknowledging we had marked no fish. What a terrible company. I hope you go bankrupt. Can I give less than one star? I really loved eating hotdogs tonight after making your gross meal.
- Submitted By Miles Moore on 09/10/2018After a recent physical, I decided to try a healthier lifestyle. I have a busy work schedule, so I started looking at meal kit companies. I chose sun basket because of the different meal options. So far it’s been great, my wife and I use picking the next meals, as a way to pause our busy lives and do something together. The packaging was nice, and after a late day at work, still cold and well kept. I was a little worried at first, when I checked the delivery already happened that afternoon. The food has been flavorful, and it’s nice trying things I would never have eaten on my own. Healthy can be tasty, and not just salads.
- Submitted By Emily on 08/28/2018I have tried a bunch of meal kit services (including Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, Peach Dish) and Sun Basket is by far the best one. The food is fresh and the meals are healthy but so flavorful. My boyfriend and I do the Paleo meals. A half portion of the meal for 2 is perfect for me, but when my boyfriend is really hungry I add extra protein for him (I keep extra chicken breasts and steak in the freezer and just toss them in the fridge the night before to thaw). Highly recommend this service!
- Submitted By Lucy on 08/27/2018Horrible. Produce was rotten. Ingredients missing. I tried to cancel. They told me I had only 'requested to cancel' not actually cancelled. So they sent me another basket and so generous only charged me 50%... Absolutely laughable. Gross company. Told me I could give the basket to a neighbor if I didn't want it... My neighbors don't like rotten food either. They know what they're doing. Wish I could give 0 stars.
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist, and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals quickly. Discover if this is the right meal kit delivery service for you in our Sun Basket review.