You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Chef's Plate or Sun Basket can better meet your needs? This Chef's Plate VS Sun Basket comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.49
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Robert Bowser 05/05/2019I have been subscribing to Sun Basket for about a year after trying 3 or 4 other meal / recipe providers.I am very impressed with how Sun basket has continuously improved. Their re pies are well constructed, simple, healthy, delicious, and very easy to execute with most of the heavy lifting (sauces etc) already done. Ingredients are well chosen, organic, and top notch. They contain to work to reduce the u excess Arya packaging,This is by far the best of the meal providers I have experienced. I really enjoy this and as someone who cooks a lot, I learn constantly from the construction of their meals. Most importantly, this is an easy 30 minute dinner for when we just want to eat well without a lot of fuss or preparation. Love it.
- Submitted By Katherine Sandouk on 03/16/2019I am extremely disappointed with this meal subscription service and I have tried a few of them. They have a no-refund policy, which other meal subscription services I have used do because sometimes it's hard to skip every week. On top of that it was hard for me to figure out how to put my account on hold. I tried to get them to cancel my account in November and it didn't work so I had to just skip a bunch of weeks and try to figure out again how to close my account. Then when I finally didn't get the time to skip a bunch more which is also hard to do via your phone and tried over and over to get my account put on hold via desktop and mobile it caught up to me and they charged me over 80$, all they could do was give me 20$ back and say I think that's more than fair, uh no that's horrible customer service. They say they don't have the man power to take your package off the line, well you should figure something out if you want people to return to you in the future. And now I wont be able to pay my bills because of them. If they can afford to give out 80$ coupons, I think they can afford to refund me ALL my money back. I don't recommend them If you want an easy to use, and refund friendly subscription. BTW this happened to me twice with them. I am a busy mom and I promise you I tried several times to straighten this out, it's not easy enough. I've tried home chef, freshly and plated.
- Submitted By Diana Bryant on 02/15/2019I’ve been trying to use much more veggies and healthy foods in my diet recently and I also discovered my love for international cusine and I have Sun Basket to thank for all that. I became a real adventurer when it comes to food and I get to enjoy loads of different recipes every week and share them with my loved ones. As with any meal service, there’s gonna be some repetition but not even close as much as with some other companies I used in the past.
- Submitted By Denisse Simmons on 02/07/2019One of the best things about Sun Basket for me is the fact that it reduces food waste by a lot. I simply get the exact amounts I’ll need to make any particular dish and never end up with an extra head of cabbage or something like that. It has also reduced my visits to to the store to let’s say basically once every week.
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist, and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals quickly. Discover if this is the right meal kit delivery service for you in our Sun Basket review.