If you’d like to start eating healthier but don’t have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Sous Kitchen VS Sun Basket comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $15.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 7 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.99
- Shipping Cost: $6.99
- Delivery Area: 47 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jay Adams on 04/25/2017I’ve been ordering for years and always have Sous Kitchen meals in my freezer. As easy and quick as takeout, just healthier and more delicious.
- Submitted By Larry Bicks on 02/07/2017Don’t expect to get the best meals you’ve ever had. Still, it’s good enough and quick to make and great if you’re not a fan of cooking.
- Submitted By Joanna Kisbey on 01/15/2017We’re a large family and I don’t always have the time to cook, so Sous Kitchen is can be a real life-saver. Everyone likes the meals and they’re not that expensive either.
- Submitted By Jules on 05/17/2018My husband and I love to eat and are adventurous eaters who enjoy ethnic food and a variety of flavors. Unfortunately, my husband and I do not enjoy cooking. We actually kind of hate it. So, all that translates to a LOT of take-out and eating out. This service hasn't magically transformed us into chefs who now love to cook, but it has made our dinners much easier and healthier. Some people complain about the price; however, keep in mind that the service: 1. Takes care of finding recipes and meal planning 2. Provides all the (organic!) ingredients so you don't have to go to the store - big one for us! 3. Portions out all the ingredients so you don't overeat and you also don’t have 9/10th a bushel of parsley rotting in your fridge. 4. Allows you to cook with unique spices/sauces without having to invest in an entire bag/bottle. Suffice it to say, it's worth it for us and folks like us who are culinarily challenged. We enjoy the variety of recipes/cuisines and meal plans (i.e. gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) compared to some of the other meal delivery services. Here are the CONS we’ve experienced: - Some of the recipes are fairly complex with quite a few steps which makes it tough if you’re cooking solo. - It’s not the cheapest, especially if you upgrade the meats. - Delivery days are limited depending on your location. - They send a new recipe book… every week! Seems excessive and wasteful. I’ve got a huge pile accumulating. All in all, we are satisfied enough with the past 6 months of service and plan to continue.
- Submitted By Shirley Gonzales on 05/14/2018Excellent service if you don't have a lot of time to spend on your meals every day but still want to go 100% paleo. Not to mention the generous portions, so every two servings are basically four meals for me.
- Submitted By Kelly Palmer on 05/13/2018Fresh, flavorful and very creative meals. I also add some ingredients on my own from time to time when I feel particularly creative. It's my go to when I get home from work and don't feel like brainstorming my brains out over dinner. It's especially handy when you're stuck and all out of ideas and your ever hungry family is burning a hole in your back while you're in the kitchen.
- Submitted By Amber Sims on 05/12/2018Apart from being very tasty and healthy, Sun Basket meals are also very fun to prepare, so my husband and I actually look forward to spending some extra time in the kitchen now. It's very important to us that we eat organic and seasonally sourced ingredients and getting them below store prices doesn't hurt either.
Sun Basket helps you save time while cooking for yourself or your loved ones. A renowned California chef, an in-house nutritionist and all of the country’s best farmers work together to provide you with everything you need to make great meals. The recipes are easy and the ingredients are pre-measured, which means no waste.