If you’d like to start eating healthier but don’t have time to cook, meal delivery services may be the perfect solution to your problem! Check out or objective Sous Kitchen VS Home Chef comparison to get a better idea of what these two services offer and determine which one is the right choice for you and your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $15.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 7 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Jay Adams on 04/25/2017I’ve been ordering for years and always have Sous Kitchen meals in my freezer. As easy and quick as takeout, just healthier and more delicious.
- Submitted By Larry Bicks on 02/07/2017Don’t expect to get the best meals you’ve ever had. Still, it’s good enough and quick to make and great if you’re not a fan of cooking.
- Submitted By Joanna Kisbey on 01/15/2017We’re a large family and I don’t always have the time to cook, so Sous Kitchen is can be a real life-saver. Everyone likes the meals and they’re not that expensive either.
- Submitted By Gina Marie on 04/19/2018The food is good however their customer service is not. The delivery schedule is more of an approximate date than when my food was actually delivered. There were times my food was not delivered on schedule and the ice packs had melted and the food was warm. Customer service was very flippant about the situation and the fact that I had to discard the items. Today I am still waiting on a delivery that was supposed to have been here yesterday. I asked for my account to be canceled and they informed me that they dont cancel accounts, just pause them. I dont understand the reasoning for this nor was I given a straight answer. My account is paused however I will not be resuming it.
- Submitted By KMcHenry on 04/18/2018Their "customer service" is rude as hell. First, I would like to mention that at this point I had brought them TWO loyal customers who had been ordering with them for over a month and a half. I travel for work so my address changes every three months or so. I lived in Denver and was dating someone that lived three hours away. I had my order sent there so we could eat it over our weekend together. He then ordered one to the same address and they accused us of trying to make duplicate accounts. I told them what was really going on and would have showed proof (my rental/work contract) but they told me it was no big deal. My contract ended there and before my left, I emailed to let them know I would be changing my address for 2 weeks (as I was going to be home in between contracts). I ordered a Homechef there and then towards the end of my stay, my parents were intrigued by the concept. I signed them up under THEIR address (I was only staying there for two weeks...) and I got this REALLY nasty email about how they have previously warned me THREE???? times about creating double accounts. Uhmm...excuse me? The account was under my father, paid for by his card, at HIS address. I called to clear things up and the lady was a complete b*tch to me. She was cutting me off and raising her voice at me. I told her I completely understand the confusion but there is no need to be rude. Also, that I could provide proof of my address changing frequently. If that is how they treat a loyal customer who has brought them business, not thanks. Needless to say, I will never be ordering with them again. OH, and after all this they told me there was no way for them to delete/close my account...
- Submitted By Kimberly Houston on 04/15/2018I have been using Home Chef since February. It is only my 14 year daughter and myself and Home Chef has worked out perfectly. I love cooking and have the fresh meals without the headache of having to pour over the internet to find recipes that we both would enjoy. I love that we have the ability to try recipes and use ingredients that we would not typically use. We have even used the recipe cards to make our favorites again (Turkey Avocado Toastados are great and easy). I aIm diabetic and each week I have at least 1 low carb option. In addition, I can check the nutritional information of the meals before I order. We only had one delivery issue but was due to weather and I received an email alerting me of the issue. My daughter and I looked at both Blue Apron and Plated last year, but neither were a great fit, although Plated may cone close. We are happy with Home Chef and enjoy the day each week when we get our new box!
- Submitted By Jessica on 04/10/2018I’ve been using Home Chef for about 1.5 years with very few hiccups. The fees times I’ve had a small issue (leaky meat, missing ingredient, etc) it was handled quickly and easily. The meals are always delicious and most have easy repeatability which is great when we love a meal and want it again.
Home Chef is a meal delivery service which takes care to supply you with only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. What sets them apart from other popular meal delivery services is the amazing variety of recipes you can chose from. After you've filled out your taste preference chart, the system will use it to present you with meals you're likely to love.