We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Prepko and Purple Carrot and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Prepko VS Purple Carrot comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Price Range: $$$
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.49
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 3 states
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.19
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Leah Ehrmann on 07/12/2018Never a single problem with Prepko and it's certified so I know everything is really kosher. More veggie options would be nice though.
- Submitted By Adam Aderman on 04/22/2018We usually order once or twice a month. At first, it seemed a bit expensive, but according to my wife's calculations, we actually save money when we order from Prepko so I guess it's fine. To be honest, I didn't love every dish we tried so far, but I do not love everything my wife makes anyway and it definitely beats grocery shopping, so overall, 4 out of 5 stars seems fair to me.
- Submitted By J.S. on 08/16/2019I chose Purple Carrot because I'm very busy with grad school and thought it would be a good alternative to the time-consuming process of shopping. I picked the plan where you get to choose 3 meals, and they even give you options like "Gluten Free" and "High Protein." Just today I got an email saying "Due to demand, your meal has been swapped out for another." They didn't say anything about why I didn't make the cut for the meal I picked while other people did get it, and what it was switched to. Some of the other meals for the week contain ingredients that I am allergic or sensitive to, which is why I didn't choose them. I really don't like how Purple Carrot promises to let you choose the meals you want, but then it does a bait-and-switch: "Just kidding, we're gonna pick for you and we'll probably pick something you're allergic to!" We don't even get to pick an alternative. According to the customer service rep, this happens all the time. I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription at any time soon.
- Submitted By Rhea on 05/03/2019Delicious! The packaging was recyclable and easy to dispose of, and the presentation of the recipes was high-quality and durable (important for those spills). The food was excellent -- in the two weeks I've had it, I'm planning to incorporate 4 of the 6 recipes into my regular rotation.
- Submitted By Dar on 04/16/2019All I can say is I decided to give this a try because a friend had a free box to give away and asked me if I’d like it. I said sure why not. I am not vegan but wow, what delicious creative recipes!!! Most of the meals we’ve tried have been delish!!! My husband and I both have been pleasantly surprised. And wow are they ever filling! I thought that for the most part meat needed to be in a meal to make it complete and filling. My only complaint is that it’s very expensive. Not really worth the cost but it is fun to try new and different things.
- Submitted By Kristina on 04/12/2019They promised that all packaging would be recyclable. It was not. My box arrived in a huge silver plasticine bag (not recyclable) AND although they promised that the "ice packs" contained a substance that is environmentally friendly, OMG! - What a gelatinous GOO !!! I had taken the packs outside on my gravel driveway to melt. Thank God I had a bucket nearby when I went to slit them open. An unctuous liquid started coming out and just sat there in an actual "pile" on the gravel. I threw both packs into the bucket and flushed them down the toilet. Then I had to take Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove the STAIN left by whatever chemical this stuff was. And last, when it came to the vegan selection, it's really limited and not very tasty. Oh, and I agree with the other person that I was so busy minding a boiling pot of beans while working with a blender and keeping an eye on the broiler. Dang - I want meals delivered that are EASY! I had a meltdown.
Purple Carrot brings you nothing but the freshest seasonal ingredients available and 100% vegan recipes. If you are on a vegan diet or just trying to eat healthily, Purple Carrot can make things simple and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Read our objective review and learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health.