We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Prepko and Purple Carrot and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Prepko VS Purple Carrot comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $120.00
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 3 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Leah Ehrmann on 07/12/2018Never a single problem with Prepko and it's certified so I know everything is really kosher. More veggie options would be nice though.
- Submitted By Adam Aderman on 04/22/2018We usually order once or twice a month. At first, it seemed a bit expensive, but according to my wife's calculations, we actually save money when we order from Prepko so I guess it's fine. To be honest, I didn't love every dish we tried so far, but I do not love everything my wife makes anyway and it definitely beats grocery shopping, so overall, 4 out of 5 stars seems fair to me.
- Submitted By Anitra on 12/02/2019Average at best, we did the TB12 experience. Most of the vegetables were either too ripe, not ripe enough or needed to be tossed. The first week the meals were ok however the quality was progressively worse week after week. When I tried to cancel, my email went into spam and I was charged for an additional week of product that I did not want. I would say, choose another meal plan that is more tried and reliable.
- Submitted By Jennifer Moline on 10/21/2018I have to stress I’m not a vegan, I just had to switch to plant-based because of health problems. I’ve always loved meat and it was hard for me to find anything vegan that was satisfying enough. This is my third order so far and apart from (ironically) a couple of carrots in the first order that didn’t look all that fresh when I got them, I’ve never had any problems with the service and when I told them about the carrots, they offered a full refund, which was really nice (I didn’t take it because everything else was fine). I like the recipes and the portions are just right for me, I’ll definitely keep ordering, at least until I start eating meat again.
- Submitted By Tim Wilkerson on 09/24/2018I wouldn’t call myself picky, but there are foods I don’t like and there are foods I don’t even want to try. I like Purple Carrot and I’ve been ordering for months now, but it happened more than once that I had to skip because I didn’t like all the recipes. Sure, 6 is better than 3, but I still believe there should be at least 10 recipes per week, that way I wouldn’t have to skip and spend time grocery shopping and searching for recipes on my own, which I reaaaaalllyyyyy hate. I mean, it sounds like I’m unsatisfied, which I’m not, I loved everything I got from Purple Carrot, I just think it would be better for everyone if there were more recipes.
- Submitted By Beth Reich on 09/11/2018I am a senior citizen that was given a gift of Purple Carrot after a major accident. I did not fill the gift order for months due to a subsequent major surgery. When I finally filled it, I was told , even though I only planned to get my gift box , I had to provide my credit card even though it was easy to cancel. My gift box arrived with 2 out of 3 of the meals having a major ingredient either totally or at least 1/2 rotten. I did not report this since I planned to only receive my gift box. I emailed a notification to cancel, which the company said they received, and sent in a subsequent survey. The company said they never got my survey and the steps needed to cancel were not followed, even though I had been assured these were simple. I heard nothing for 1 month, at which time I was told I was receiving a box the next day and had been charged $72 for goods we did not even like. We sent the box back and complained, but were told we had signed a contract and no reparations, let alone apologies, were offered. My husband is retired and I am barely working. I feel this is a totally dishonest and unacceptable manner in which to run a business, and would never recommend this company to anyone.
Prepko is a certified kosher meal kit delivery that offers excellent weekday and Shabbat meal kits. It sources its ingredients from the best local suppliers and its recipes originate from a number of famous world cuisines. Read our full Prepko review to learn more about the company’s menu, recipes, meal plans, delivery areas, and pricing.