You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Nonna Box or Purple Carrot can better meet your needs? This Nonna Box VS Purple Carrot comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Average Price Per Meal: $41.95
- Shipping Cost: $10.00
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Stephanie Bankhead on 09/08/2018The products we were received were wonderful. However the past 2 months have not received a box, nor have we been charged. Sent multiple messages and emails and no reply. The store shows every product out of stock. Is this company no longer in business?
- Submitted By Pat on 06/08/2018I purchased a 3-month subscription of Nonna Box and I am extremely happy with it: variety of products that you can't find in stores, easy to follow recipes, interesting facts about the ingredients. I've recommended the service to friends and happy to do it here.
- Submitted By John Waggner on 09/15/2017This is fantastic! Just got my first box and I can’t believe how amazing everything is, even the pasta is impressive. Can’t wait for the next one to arrive!
- Submitted By Laura Marsh on 07/24/2017Absolutely beautiful boxes, we have been to Italy 2 times already and this is the real stuff, believe me, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Submitted By Beth Reich on 09/11/2018I am a senior citizen that was given a gift of Purple Carrot after a major accident. I did not fill the gift order for months due to a subsequent major surgery. When I finally filled it, I was told , even though I only planned to get my gift box , I had to provide my credit card even though it was easy to cancel. My gift box arrived with 2 out of 3 of the meals having a major ingredient either totally or at least 1/2 rotten. I did not report this since I planned to only receive my gift box. I emailed a notification to cancel, which the company said they received, and sent in a subsequent survey. The company said they never got my survey and the steps needed to cancel were not followed, even though I had been assured these were simple. I heard nothing for 1 month, at which time I was told I was receiving a box the next day and had been charged $72 for goods we did not even like. We sent the box back and complained, but were told we had signed a contract and no reparations, let alone apologies, were offered. My husband is retired and I am barely working. I feel this is a totally dishonest and unacceptable manner in which to run a business, and would never recommend this company to anyone.
- Submitted By Michael on 09/06/2018I received my first meal kit from Purple Carrot today, and I was horrified when I open the box. Where to begin. First, the inside of the box was a soggy mess because the ice packs had melted completely, and one was punctured so the slimy gel contents coated the entire order. Second, much of the produce - the kale (yellowing), avocado (rotten and mushy), scallions (rotten and slimy), and peas (rotten and slimy) - were inedible. I wish there was an option for zero stars. Needless to say, I cancelled my account.
- Submitted By Kathleen on 09/06/2018I'm going to cancel my subscription. Everything is so inconsistent. My first box arrived in good shape, and I prepared the Take-Out Style Noodles with asparagus and sesame ginger sauce. The sauce was delicious, and I will keep that recipe to make again. But the proportions was just so far off. I followed the directions exactly, even though it seemed to me there were far too many noodles for the sauce and asparagus. I should have listened to myself, and used about 2/3 of the noodles. I next prepared the Curried Carrot Fritters. They were okay but not something I would make again. The tamarind "chutney" that was included was not good, and was not a chutney. It was just a weird watery sauce that did not complement the flavor of the fritters. The mango/avocado salad was not worth the preparation time. My third dish -- Blueberry Barbecue Skewers -- was awful. For one thing, there were no skewers included, and I didn't have any. I ended up stir frying the tofu and vegetables, and serving that with the sauce. Unbelievably, the blueberry barbecue sauce was bland, bland, bland. I ate all of the dishes, because they are healthy and I don't throw food away. But I did not enjoy it at all. I received my second box before I had a chance to cancel after my first experience. It fell open and all the contents fell out on my living room floor. Upon further examination, it was obvious that either the box had not been sealed correctly or it had been damaged in shipping. It was also obvious that the box had come open at least once during shipping, since the contents were in the box upside down. The ice packs were completely thawed out, and there was some kind of gunk all over everything in the box. When I contacted customer service, they told me that everything was "probably essentially in good shape." BS. I asked if the agent would feed her children food that was in that state, and she agreed that she would not. I did get a refund for that shipment. Unbelievably, another shipment is on its way now, even though I tried to cancel. I know this is long, but please beware. You can make a lot of vegan meals for less than what this costs, and they will probably taste much better.
- Submitted By Shulita Weitz on 08/25/2018Purple Carrot has no commitment to organic, and since their merger with Fresh Del Monte corporation I have given up all hope for them. The concept and inventive recipes are great - but there is no point doing this for unhealthy, pesticide laden, industrially grown crap. So sad about Purple Carrot. I would have loved to love you.
Purple Carrot brings you nothing but the freshest seasonal ingredients available and 100% vegan recipes. If you are on a vegan diet or just trying to eat healthily, Purple Carrot can make things simple and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Read our objective review and learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health.