We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Foodstirs and Purple Carrot and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Foodstirs VS Purple Carrot comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.34
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Anna Robertson on 12/22/2017We loved every kit we ordered, particularly out of this world donuts. It is easier that I thought, the decorations are beautiful and I love that it’s organic.
- Submitted By Ellie Adams on 10/29/2017I’m not much of a baker and I thought that I could never make the treats look as good as the ones in the photos, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is not that hard at all. I served the cake pops and pop-corn cupcakes at a party last week, everyone loved them!
- Submitted By Tim Phillips on 10/14/2017The kits could be a bit cheaper, but you do get the molds and stuff that you get to keep, so I guess it’s ok.
- Submitted By Kimberly Zeh on 06/05/2018Do not order Purple Carrot. Unlike listed on their website, or in this review of their food. Purple Carrot does not have 100% plant-based ingredients. Some of their recipes include High Fructose Corn Syrup. When I approached them about it, here's what they told me: "I just wanted to take a moment and share with you that we are not and do not claim to be a health service, a dietary service and have never made claims that we source specifically non-GMO or Organic produce. While I do understand the wants for more "whole foods" as you put it, I just want to ensure you that we have always and will always stick to our mission of providing delicious, hassle-free plant-based meals for our customers to prepare in home." I too received boxes of food perished or main ingredients missing - and they have been nice about refunding me. However, I cannot and will not continue my service with them because I feel cheated from their false advertisement. For those of us looking for healthy options, MAKE SURE you read all the packages before you use. Also, their spices, pastes, dairy substitutes come in containers that label the name of the ingredient - you don't actually know what the stuff is made up or what brand it is from. Anyway folks, BE CAREFUL.
- Submitted By David Herring on 05/19/20181st meal delivery for me . WOW!! Talk about good. 5 stars is not enough. Purple Carrot is the best.
- Submitted By jennifer Hughes on 04/09/2018I’m reading reviews and I havent experienced any of the bad they speak of. I’m going on 6 months of getting weekly deliveries and I’m blown away more with every recipe I make. Absolutely delicious meals incorporating ingredients I’ve never tried before. Eating plant based has never been so easy!
- Submitted By stephenie on 03/04/2018I was so excited to try Purple Carrot meals! Our first delivery of meals was very enjoyable. Our second delivery was the beginning of the end. The food box arrived upside down and OPEN! Liquid had leaked throughout one of the packaged meals, the recipe cards were missing, the eggplant was not fresh, and garbanzo beans were substituted with kidney beans (for a hummus recipe). I did receive a full refund, but I find it annoying that customer service is via email only. I was billed for a third box, 3 weeks has gone by and the delivery hasn't come! I really am very sad to have had such a poor experience. I have canceled my subscription.
Purple Carrot is a meal kit service that offers the freshest seasonal ingredients and 100% vegan recipes. It makes cooking simple by doing all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health in our objective review and Purple Carrot reviews from our readers who have tried the company’s kits.