Choosing between Chef's Plate and Purple Carrot, you are faced with a rather difficult task. Both services have unique qualities that make them highly popular among hungry customers nationwide. However, that does not mean that the choice is impossible to make, as one of these services does have a bit more to offer. Our Chef's Plate VS Purple Carrot comparison below allows you to discover what it is that makes these two services different from each other, as well as which one constitutes a better choice.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Martha Evans on 11/12/2017Food allergies are a real thing and there are many people who are allergic to gluten, dairy, etc. I don’t see how you expect to get a lot of customers if you refuse to offer allergen-free meals.
- Submitted By Fiona Pool on 10/27/2017Pretty good, a nice discount every now and then wouldn’t hurt.
- Submitted By jennifer Hughes on 04/09/2018I’m reading reviews and I havent experienced any of the bad they speak of. I’m going on 6 months of getting weekly deliveries and I’m blown away more with every recipe I make. Absolutely delicious meals incorporating ingredients I’ve never tried before. Eating plant based has never been so easy!
- Submitted By stephenie on 03/04/2018I was so excited to try Purple Carrot meals! Our first delivery of meals was very enjoyable. Our second delivery was the beginning of the end. The food box arrived upside down and OPEN! Liquid had leaked throughout one of the packaged meals, the recipe cards were missing, the eggplant was not fresh, and garbanzo beans were substituted with kidney beans (for a hummus recipe). I did receive a full refund, but I find it annoying that customer service is via email only. I was billed for a third box, 3 weeks has gone by and the delivery hasn't come! I really am very sad to have had such a poor experience. I have canceled my subscription.
- Submitted By Sara Downey on 02/01/2018We have been so impressed with Purple Carrot! I like to cook and we were actually quite skeptical about these meal prep plans., thinking that they would contain dumbed-down recipes. But these meals are restaurant-quality with easy to follow directions, and I have found the ingredients to be high quality. Portions are not skimpy - we often find that we have enough for an extra serving (leftovers!). Best of all, they are super-tasty and give us the opportunity to experience flavor combinations that we’ve never considered before. Way to go, Purple Carrot!
- Submitted By Todd on 01/26/2018Same complaints as everyone else (see Yelp reviews as well). Missing ingredients, wilted produce, delayed delivery, poor customer service, canceling doesn’t stick until you’ve done it twice, swapping ingredients before shipping and sending a separate e-mail with how to incorporate in instructions. If I were Tom Brady, I’d distance myself from this train wreck. For what you pay, it should be much, much better.
Chef’s Plate is one of the finer meal kit services in Canada. It offers fresh, natural ingredients and innovative recipes that allow home cooks to create amazing dishes in even less than half an hour. It is great for couples and families or even a single hearty eater. Discover its menu, pricing, and other particulars in this Chef’s Plate review.