Choosing between Chef's Plate and Purple Carrot, you are faced with a rather difficult task. Both services have unique qualities that make them highly popular among hungry customers nationwide. However, that does not mean that the choice is impossible to make, as one of these services does have a bit more to offer. Our Chef's Plate VS Purple Carrot comparison below allows you to discover what it is that makes these two services different from each other, as well as which one constitutes a better choice.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Rhea on 05/03/2019Delicious! The packaging was recyclable and easy to dispose of, and the presentation of the recipes was high-quality and durable (important for those spills). The food was excellent -- in the two weeks I've had it, I'm planning to incorporate 4 of the 6 recipes into my regular rotation.
- Submitted By Dar on 04/16/2019All I can say is I decided to give this a try because a friend had a free box to give away and asked me if I’d like it. I said sure why not. I am not vegan but wow, what delicious creative recipes!!! Most of the meals we’ve tried have been delish!!! My husband and I both have been pleasantly surprised. And wow are they ever filling! I thought that for the most part meat needed to be in a meal to make it complete and filling. My only complaint is that it’s very expensive. Not really worth the cost but it is fun to try new and different things.
- Submitted By Kristina on 04/12/2019They promised that all packaging would be recyclable. It was not. My box arrived in a huge silver plasticine bag (not recyclable) AND although they promised that the "ice packs" contained a substance that is environmentally friendly, OMG! - What a gelatinous GOO !!! I had taken the packs outside on my gravel driveway to melt. Thank God I had a bucket nearby when I went to slit them open. An unctuous liquid started coming out and just sat there in an actual "pile" on the gravel. I threw both packs into the bucket and flushed them down the toilet. Then I had to take Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove the STAIN left by whatever chemical this stuff was. And last, when it came to the vegan selection, it's really limited and not very tasty. Oh, and I agree with the other person that I was so busy minding a boiling pot of beans while working with a blender and keeping an eye on the broiler. Dang - I want meals delivered that are EASY! I had a meltdown.
- Submitted By Josette Romain, M.D. on 03/16/2019I have been a vegan for many years and have been repetitively using the same type of meals, with no variety, because of the limited option offered in my non-vegan world. Purple Carrot opened my eyes, and my taste buds, to the large array of vegan food available not only locally but also from other countries. I have been using their food for more than a year now and they very seldom repeat the same recipe. I highly recommend Purple Carrot.
Purple Carrot brings you nothing but the freshest seasonal ingredients available and 100% vegan recipes. If you are on a vegan diet or just trying to eat healthily, Purple Carrot can make things simple and do all the grocery shopping and meal planning for you. Read our objective review and learn how Purple Carrot can help you improve your health.