Choosing between Chef's Plate and Purple Carrot, you are faced with a rather difficult task. Both services have unique qualities that make them highly popular among hungry customers nationwide. However, that does not mean that the choice is impossible to make, as one of these services does have a bit more to offer. Our Chef's Plate VS Purple Carrot comparison below allows you to discover what it is that makes these two services different from each other, as well as which one constitutes a better choice.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $11.33
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Martha Evans on 11/12/2017Food allergies are a real thing and there are many people who are allergic to gluten, dairy, etc. I don’t see how you expect to get a lot of customers if you refuse to offer allergen-free meals.
- Submitted By Fiona Pool on 10/27/2017Pretty good, a nice discount every now and then wouldn’t hurt.
- Submitted By Anitra on 12/02/2019Average at best, we did the TB12 experience. Most of the vegetables were either too ripe, not ripe enough or needed to be tossed. The first week the meals were ok however the quality was progressively worse week after week. When I tried to cancel, my email went into spam and I was charged for an additional week of product that I did not want. I would say, choose another meal plan that is more tried and reliable.
- Submitted By Jennifer Moline on 10/21/2018I have to stress I’m not a vegan, I just had to switch to plant-based because of health problems. I’ve always loved meat and it was hard for me to find anything vegan that was satisfying enough. This is my third order so far and apart from (ironically) a couple of carrots in the first order that didn’t look all that fresh when I got them, I’ve never had any problems with the service and when I told them about the carrots, they offered a full refund, which was really nice (I didn’t take it because everything else was fine). I like the recipes and the portions are just right for me, I’ll definitely keep ordering, at least until I start eating meat again.
- Submitted By Tim Wilkerson on 09/24/2018I wouldn’t call myself picky, but there are foods I don’t like and there are foods I don’t even want to try. I like Purple Carrot and I’ve been ordering for months now, but it happened more than once that I had to skip because I didn’t like all the recipes. Sure, 6 is better than 3, but I still believe there should be at least 10 recipes per week, that way I wouldn’t have to skip and spend time grocery shopping and searching for recipes on my own, which I reaaaaalllyyyyy hate. I mean, it sounds like I’m unsatisfied, which I’m not, I loved everything I got from Purple Carrot, I just think it would be better for everyone if there were more recipes.
- Submitted By Beth Reich on 09/11/2018I am a senior citizen that was given a gift of Purple Carrot after a major accident. I did not fill the gift order for months due to a subsequent major surgery. When I finally filled it, I was told , even though I only planned to get my gift box , I had to provide my credit card even though it was easy to cancel. My gift box arrived with 2 out of 3 of the meals having a major ingredient either totally or at least 1/2 rotten. I did not report this since I planned to only receive my gift box. I emailed a notification to cancel, which the company said they received, and sent in a subsequent survey. The company said they never got my survey and the steps needed to cancel were not followed, even though I had been assured these were simple. I heard nothing for 1 month, at which time I was told I was receiving a box the next day and had been charged $72 for goods we did not even like. We sent the box back and complained, but were told we had signed a contract and no reparations, let alone apologies, were offered. My husband is retired and I am barely working. I feel this is a totally dishonest and unacceptable manner in which to run a business, and would never recommend this company to anyone.
Chef’s Plate is one of the finer meal kit services in Canada. It offers fresh, natural ingredients and innovative recipes that allow home cooks to create amazing dishes in even less than half an hour. It is great for couples and families or even a single hearty eater. Discover its menu, pricing, and other particulars in this Chef’s Plate review.