Prepko and Plated are designed to take the stress out of meal planning and this Prepko VS Plated comparison is designed to make it much easier to choose between them. Get a comprehensive overview of these companies’ crucial features and scroll down to discover the definite winner of the comparison.
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.49
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 3 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.49
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Leah Ehrmann on 07/12/2018Never a single problem with Prepko and it's certified so I know everything is really kosher. More veggie options would be nice though.
- Submitted By Adam Aderman on 04/22/2018We usually order once or twice a month. At first, it seemed a bit expensive, but according to my wife's calculations, we actually save money when we order from Prepko so I guess it's fine. To be honest, I didn't love every dish we tried so far, but I do not love everything my wife makes anyway and it definitely beats grocery shopping, so overall, 4 out of 5 stars seems fair to me.
- Submitted By Robin K Holmes on 04/27/2019I just wanted to comment on the reason why I cancelled my weekly subscription box from Plated. I was a brand new customer, very excited to try their products, so I opened an account and set up a weekly delivery and made meal plans for several future weeks. I was so excited to receive my first order...and then it didn't come. I contacted customer service and they apologized and refunded me. I was told that everything was straightened out and I would definitely receive a box the very next week.A few days later I received an email from Plated saying "Yay! we're going to ship your order!" So I shopped light at the grocery store, confident that Plated would send me a box...and then it didn't come. Again. (I had nothing planned for dinner for the next 3 days and had to go out and buy more groceries after working a 12-hr shift.) I contacted customer service and received a refund to my bank account. But really? Two weeks in a row? No delivery, no explantion? Did they even want my business? Why would they not make certain that the order was shipped given the failure of the previous week? It was a very disappointing experience, and I would not recommend their service to anyone else. Plated gave me another refund, and when I told the customer service rep that I felt I should cancel my service if they could not deliver food I was told "We understand, sorry to see you go." No offer of a coupon or any type of customer recovery, just sorry to see me go. Don't bother to order from them, they can't seem to guarantee delivery.
- Submitted By Maria Foster on 01/16/20197 meals in and we love love love Plated! Everything arrived super fresh which is way more than we expected in this age of online frauds and dishonesty. One important thing though, NEVER EXPERIMENT with the recipes! We did it once and it was a disaster. The recipes are laser precise and you have to follow them to a T for good results.
- Submitted By Tom Kennedy on 10/21/2018I know it sounds stupid, but I work as a cook and when I come home, I don’t really feel like cooking and I have a hard time thinking of something I’d actually like to eat. A colleague of mine suggested Plated, I’ve cooked 4 meals so far, all the ingredients were good and the recipes were pretty cool, I think I could get used to this.
- Submitted By Lara Pritchett on 09/22/2018Honestly, I expected the recipes to be less complicated. I mean, it looks fairly simple on paper, but I’m far from experienced, so I’m not always happy with the result. On the plus side, the ingredients always arrive fresh and it’s interesting to try out new dishes, so I think I’ll stick with the subscription, maybe my cooking improves :D
Plated is a meal kit delivery service that offers very flexible subscription plans, as well as high-quality foods. Each week, it comes up with a new seasonal menu, including 20 new recipes and 2 desserts, easily meeting the needs of its customers. Read our thorough analysis of the Plated meal kit service and dozens of user-written Plated reviews.