We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Nonna Box and Plated and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Nonna Box VS Plated comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $41.95
- Shipping Cost: $10.00
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Pat on 06/08/2018I purchased a 3-month subscription of Nonna Box and I am extremely happy with it: variety of products that you can't find in stores, easy to follow recipes, interesting facts about the ingredients. I've recommended the service to friends and happy to do it here.
- Submitted By John Waggner on 09/15/2017This is fantastic! Just got my first box and I can’t believe how amazing everything is, even the pasta is impressive. Can’t wait for the next one to arrive!
- Submitted By Laura Marsh on 07/24/2017Absolutely beautiful boxes, we have been to Italy 2 times already and this is the real stuff, believe me, it doesn’t get better than this.
- Submitted By Christa Weine on 07/05/2017I understand that the price can’t be lower, but it is still a bit too expensive for me. Other than that, I am absolutely in love with the food, the nonnas, everything!
- Submitted By Laura on 06/16/2018The convenience of this service is a 4*, but, we received meal kits with spoiled ingredients on our first delivery in 2/3 recipes. There were missing ingredients, too. It's hard to make za'atar French fries without the spice--it's not something in my spice collection.The second week, we were promised delivery on Friday. The food was shipped on Wednesday, and wasn't delivered until Saturday afternoon in 90* temperatures. No wonder ingredients are slimy and spoiled. Poor attention to detail, I'm canceling.
- Submitted By April on 06/13/2018My husband and I have been using Plated since October of 2016, roughly around 360 meals to date. We began our box delivery service with HelloFresh and then Blue Apron and finally landed on Plated. At first, the meals were extremely time-consuming and difficult. I am a teacher and my husband is in sales, so coming home after 13 hour days and having to cook a meal that took me over an hour just wasn't going to cut it. However, I stuck with them a little longer because their food was delicious and this is the only company that we had tried, thus far, that offered so many options. We have now been using them going on two years and I have no plans to stop. They have adjusted their recipes so that they are not so time consuming and require so much prep; they have also added a ton of recipe choices including yummy desserts! Yes, they may be a tad more expensive, but in my opinion, it's worth it because the food is always fresh and delicious! Plated also has AMAZING customer service. If there is absolutely anything wrong with any of your ingredients, no matter how small the ingredient, they will credit your account no questions asked. If you have allergies, Plated always lists all allergens on their recipe cards and on the website or app when you are selecting your recipes. They offer vegetarian, low-cal/carb, and gluten free options as well. I highly recommend this company and I can only see them getting better each year!
- Submitted By Robyn IarobyncoaRngeli on 03/28/2018I ordered for the 1st time. Waited all day- Started a chat at 7:45 to let them know nothing has been delivered. Told me to wait until 8:00. Reached out again at 8:01. Going back and forth finally got a credit back to me, only that it will take 5-7 business days. Fedex - stated at 8:15 that the business was closed. This was a condo delivery. Called fed-ex not helpful. Contacted Plated again - it will be my descretion if I choose the food upon arrival. Completely unacceptable! Cancelled my subscription immediately. Very Poor - I do not want to give them a 1 star - completely below standards.
- Submitted By Tammy on 03/24/2018I used Plated for a couple of years and enjoyed. When they were bought out this year the meat .... beef was less quality cut and the package was 2 ice packs instead of 4 packs.. It looked like getting less for the same price.. the original plated company always cared about your comments and concerns.......new owners never replied to my concerns. I no longer purchase Plated meals.
Plated is a meal kit delivery service that offers very flexible subscription plans, as well as high-quality foods. Each week, it comes up with a new seasonal menu, including 20 new recipes and 2 desserts, easily meeting the needs of its customers. Read our thorough analysis of the Plated meal kit service and dozens of user-written Plated reviews.