Choosing between Kitchen Verde and Plated, you are faced with a rather difficult task. Both services have unique qualities that make them highly popular among hungry customers nationwide. However, that does not mean that the choice is impossible to make, as one of these services does have a bit more to offer. Our Kitchen Verde VS Plated comparison below allows you to discover what it is that makes these two services different from each other, as well as which one constitutes a better choice.
- Average Price Per Meal: $7.00
- Shipping Cost: $5.00
- Delivery Area: 1 state
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Louise Ford on 01/22/2018Our favorite service, be sure to try the lasagna!
- Submitted By Julianne Combs on 11/29/2017Everything we tried was reeeally good, I just think the juices are way overpriced.
- Submitted By Robyn IarobyncoaRngeli on 03/28/2018I ordered for the 1st time. Waited all day- Started a chat at 7:45 to let them know nothing has been delivered. Told me to wait until 8:00. Reached out again at 8:01. Going back and forth finally got a credit back to me, only that it will take 5-7 business days. Fedex - stated at 8:15 that the business was closed. This was a condo delivery. Called fed-ex not helpful. Contacted Plated again - it will be my descretion if I choose the food upon arrival. Completely unacceptable! Cancelled my subscription immediately. Very Poor - I do not want to give them a 1 star - completely below standards.
- Submitted By Tammy on 03/24/2018I used Plated for a couple of years and enjoyed. When they were bought out this year the meat .... beef was less quality cut and the package was 2 ice packs instead of 4 packs.. It looked like getting less for the same price.. the original plated company always cared about your comments and concerns.......new owners never replied to my concerns. I no longer purchase Plated meals.
- Submitted By Diane B on 02/28/2018My experience with Plated has been top notch so far. I've made three meals, and I found that the ingredients and the recipes are excellent. I've been really impressed with the produce, it's al been so fresh, and the herbs are just beautiful. I read a review that complained about the work involved to put together a meal, but hey, it's not Meals On Wheels! If that's what you're looking for then you're better off ordering take out. It's true that there is some preparation required to make a meal; the vegetables need to be rinsed and chopped, and you have to combine some ingredients before cooking them, but what you don't have to do is shop for the ingredients wherein you purchase more than you're going to use because that's how they're sold, and end up cluttering up your refrigerator with the leftover bok choy or whatever a week or so before you throw it out. (At least that's what I do). With this, the food arrives in just the quantities you need, which incidentally saves the steps of measuring and wrapping and storing the stuff you don't use. Not to mention not having to wash and put away measuring cups and spoons. I really love this service and the results have been delicious. And it's made cooking a whole lot more fun for me!
- Submitted By H. Lackey on 02/25/2018I decided to try the promotional first week free. I scheduled a Saturday delivery. No box ever arrived. When I called Plated, they said that they had no record of the shipment from their delivery company and offered no explanation. I am extremely unimpressed.
Plated is a meal kit delivery service that offers very flexible subscription plans, as well as high-quality foods. Each week it comes up with a new seasonal menu, including 20 new recipes and 2 desserts, easily meeting the needs of its customers. Find out more exciting details about this meal kit delivery in our Plated review.