No one understands how important it is to choose the right meal delivery service better than we do. That is why we are here to help you make the best possible choice. While both Foodstirs and Plated offer delicious dishes and rather flexible subscriptions, there is much more to be considered before you make the final call. This Foodstirs VS Plated comparison allows you to get to know these companies better, discover their greatest advantages and shortcomings, and of course, find out which one provides a bit higher quality of service.
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.34
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Anna Robertson on 12/22/2017We loved every kit we ordered, particularly out of this world donuts. It is easier that I thought, the decorations are beautiful and I love that it’s organic.
- Submitted By Ellie Adams on 10/29/2017I’m not much of a baker and I thought that I could never make the treats look as good as the ones in the photos, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is not that hard at all. I served the cake pops and pop-corn cupcakes at a party last week, everyone loved them!
- Submitted By Tim Phillips on 10/14/2017The kits could be a bit cheaper, but you do get the molds and stuff that you get to keep, so I guess it’s ok.
- Submitted By April on 06/13/2018My husband and I have been using Plated since October of 2016, roughly around 360 meals to date. We began our box delivery service with HelloFresh and then Blue Apron and finally landed on Plated. At first, the meals were extremely time-consuming and difficult. I am a teacher and my husband is in sales, so coming home after 13 hour days and having to cook a meal that took me over an hour just wasn't going to cut it. However, I stuck with them a little longer because their food was delicious and this is the only company that we had tried, thus far, that offered so many options. We have now been using them going on two years and I have no plans to stop. They have adjusted their recipes so that they are not so time consuming and require so much prep; they have also added a ton of recipe choices including yummy desserts! Yes, they may be a tad more expensive, but in my opinion, it's worth it because the food is always fresh and delicious! Plated also has AMAZING customer service. If there is absolutely anything wrong with any of your ingredients, no matter how small the ingredient, they will credit your account no questions asked. If you have allergies, Plated always lists all allergens on their recipe cards and on the website or app when you are selecting your recipes. They offer vegetarian, low-cal/carb, and gluten free options as well. I highly recommend this company and I can only see them getting better each year!
- Submitted By Robyn IarobyncoaRngeli on 03/28/2018I ordered for the 1st time. Waited all day- Started a chat at 7:45 to let them know nothing has been delivered. Told me to wait until 8:00. Reached out again at 8:01. Going back and forth finally got a credit back to me, only that it will take 5-7 business days. Fedex - stated at 8:15 that the business was closed. This was a condo delivery. Called fed-ex not helpful. Contacted Plated again - it will be my descretion if I choose the food upon arrival. Completely unacceptable! Cancelled my subscription immediately. Very Poor - I do not want to give them a 1 star - completely below standards.
- Submitted By Tammy on 03/24/2018I used Plated for a couple of years and enjoyed. When they were bought out this year the meat .... beef was less quality cut and the package was 2 ice packs instead of 4 packs.. It looked like getting less for the same price.. the original plated company always cared about your comments and concerns.......new owners never replied to my concerns. I no longer purchase Plated meals.
- Submitted By Diane B on 02/28/2018My experience with Plated has been top notch so far. I've made three meals, and I found that the ingredients and the recipes are excellent. I've been really impressed with the produce, it's al been so fresh, and the herbs are just beautiful. I read a review that complained about the work involved to put together a meal, but hey, it's not Meals On Wheels! If that's what you're looking for then you're better off ordering take out. It's true that there is some preparation required to make a meal; the vegetables need to be rinsed and chopped, and you have to combine some ingredients before cooking them, but what you don't have to do is shop for the ingredients wherein you purchase more than you're going to use because that's how they're sold, and end up cluttering up your refrigerator with the leftover bok choy or whatever a week or so before you throw it out. (At least that's what I do). With this, the food arrives in just the quantities you need, which incidentally saves the steps of measuring and wrapping and storing the stuff you don't use. Not to mention not having to wash and put away measuring cups and spoons. I really love this service and the results have been delicious. And it's made cooking a whole lot more fun for me!
Plated is a meal kit delivery service that offers very flexible subscription plans, as well as high-quality foods. Each week, it comes up with a new seasonal menu, including 20 new recipes and 2 desserts, easily meeting the needs of its customers. Read our thorough analysis of the Plated meal kit service and dozens of user-written Plated reviews.