When choosing between two such amazing services like Chef's Plate and Plated, you need to take a good look at all the little details that may make one superior to the other. The goal of this Chef's Plate VS Plated comparison is to provide an objective assessment of the quality of both services based on the degree to which they satisfy all the major criteria for meal delivery comparison. View the scores they received on every criterion, take a look at their most prominent features side by side, and discover which one of them has done more to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By Martha Evans on 11/12/2017Food allergies are a real thing and there are many people who are allergic to gluten, dairy, etc. I don’t see how you expect to get a lot of customers if you refuse to offer allergen-free meals.
- Submitted By Fiona Pool on 10/27/2017Pretty good, a nice discount every now and then wouldn’t hurt.
- Submitted By Vickie Silcox on 08/30/2018One star for service 5 stars for food quality. Missed 2 deliveries in a row. No delivery resolution. If there has been one, I am unaware. What a shame.
- Submitted By Laura on 06/16/2018The convenience of this service is a 4*, but, we received meal kits with spoiled ingredients on our first delivery in 2/3 recipes. There were missing ingredients, too. It's hard to make za'atar French fries without the spice--it's not something in my spice collection.The second week, we were promised delivery on Friday. The food was shipped on Wednesday, and wasn't delivered until Saturday afternoon in 90* temperatures. No wonder ingredients are slimy and spoiled. Poor attention to detail, I'm canceling.
- Submitted By April on 06/13/2018My husband and I have been using Plated since October of 2016, roughly around 360 meals to date. We began our box delivery service with HelloFresh and then Blue Apron and finally landed on Plated. At first, the meals were extremely time-consuming and difficult. I am a teacher and my husband is in sales, so coming home after 13 hour days and having to cook a meal that took me over an hour just wasn't going to cut it. However, I stuck with them a little longer because their food was delicious and this is the only company that we had tried, thus far, that offered so many options. We have now been using them going on two years and I have no plans to stop. They have adjusted their recipes so that they are not so time consuming and require so much prep; they have also added a ton of recipe choices including yummy desserts! Yes, they may be a tad more expensive, but in my opinion, it's worth it because the food is always fresh and delicious! Plated also has AMAZING customer service. If there is absolutely anything wrong with any of your ingredients, no matter how small the ingredient, they will credit your account no questions asked. If you have allergies, Plated always lists all allergens on their recipe cards and on the website or app when you are selecting your recipes. They offer vegetarian, low-cal/carb, and gluten free options as well. I highly recommend this company and I can only see them getting better each year!
- Submitted By Robyn IarobyncoaRngeli on 03/28/2018I ordered for the 1st time. Waited all day- Started a chat at 7:45 to let them know nothing has been delivered. Told me to wait until 8:00. Reached out again at 8:01. Going back and forth finally got a credit back to me, only that it will take 5-7 business days. Fedex - stated at 8:15 that the business was closed. This was a condo delivery. Called fed-ex not helpful. Contacted Plated again - it will be my descretion if I choose the food upon arrival. Completely unacceptable! Cancelled my subscription immediately. Very Poor - I do not want to give them a 1 star - completely below standards.
Plated is a meal kit delivery service that offers very flexible subscription plans, as well as high-quality foods. Each week, it comes up with a new seasonal menu, including 20 new recipes and 2 desserts, easily meeting the needs of its customers. Read our thorough analysis of the Plated meal kit service and dozens of user-written Plated reviews.