Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive Chef's Plate VS Marley Spoon comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.35
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 9 areas in Canada
- Price Range: $$
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.73
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare Customer Reviews
- Submitted By Jennifer Dawson on 04/25/2019First, let me say the flavour of the meals were excellent and tasty, when delivered as indicated. We ordered 4 meals for 4 people and found there was enough food if we added a side of our own. My biggest complaint was that every meal with the exception of one had mouldy or rotten and on the way to rotten veggies. We ate the meals one each day upon delivery and the worse was the shredded carrots which were completely liquified and full of slime. The company offered to give us free meals with our next order but am not willing to spend more money to potentially get more of the same. For my first order, was very disappointed in the produce quality and will likely not spend $200. To find out if they can do better
- Submitted By Angela on 04/12/2019I just started using chef's plate , 3 orders. I have a number of very busy nurse friends using it so I thought I would try it out. This is the only meal delivery company that offers 2 meals which was perfect for me. So for me that is 4 to 5 meals. The serving are large . There is no waste , no shopping for meat, chicken and all the things that go with meals. Everything is all preped you just follow the recipes . I am a good cook , so I have added a few spices to kick it up for my taste. But not necessary. The food is fresh ,packed great , lots of choices ,delivery to your door. Perfect.
- Submitted By Mark Addelman on 12/19/2017There is nothing really wrong with the service, I guess I just thought that the meals be less… ordinary.
- Submitted By Stephen Fraser on 12/02/2017My girlfriend dumped me 7 ½ months ago and I had to start cooking on my own. A friend recommended Chef’s Plate and helped me solve the problem instantly. I now even enjoy cooking and the prices are really ok.
- Submitted By George on 04/29/2019Terrible service! I received an offer for a free box to try M&MS. I was charged full price. When I called to complain, a rude representative negotiated half price. The packaging was not adequate, items were missing, one item was damaged (cream cheese packet busted and all over), and a recipe was inaccurate. When I called to provide feedback, I spoke to another rude representative.
- Submitted By Kim Buschlen on 04/17/2019I've tried it twice. The food is good but unfortunately not all the ingredients make it into the box. It's happened to 4 boxes. I sign up for meal delivery so I don't have to go to the store. Will be trying a different company that hopefully has better quality control
- Submitted By JenUhlir on 03/29/2019Horrible customer service ruins the great recipes. I've had 2 boxes in a row delayed a full day. One because of an "ice" issue and the other because of a "delay in our production line" issue. SERIOUSLY??? They don't answer the phone because "Due to our strong business growth we experienced an unexpectedly increased amount of customer requests. " Not only was my box delayed it was WRONG. Totally missing a protein. What kind a circus are they running?? Go with HOME CHEF or HELLO FRESH and get your money's worth.
- Submitted By Diane on 03/27/2019This is the 4th company I have tried. The worst one to date. The box is not lined with insulated padding so your items, inside the bags and sometimes loose in the box, are being bounced off the walls of the box. The only items on ice is the meat. If it had to sit on my porch for more than 1 hr in summer heat, everything would be wilted or too warm. Your recipe card may only say six steps but you are bounced back and forth between steps which becomes rather confusing. The steak I received was half fat and the chicken was rubbery and tough. I would not recommend this meal service.
Marley Spoon is a meal kit delivery that brings you world-famous recipes created by Martha Stewart, transformed into 6-step instructions everyone can follow. Along with the recipes, you get flavor-packed, farm-fresh, pre-measured ingredients. Discover more in our honest review of the service and 50+ customer-written Martha and Marley Spoon reviews.