We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Hungryroot and Magic Kitchen and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Hungryroot VS Magic Kitchen comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $69.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $10.00
- Shipping Cost: $18.00-$20.00
- Delivery Area: 50 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Zina Goodin on 02/04/2019I have been eating Hungryroot for about two months now. I love it! I look forward to seeing what will be in my next box and occasionally will change something on the order to another option. It's a good value and very healthy. I got the "good life" package for just me and eat the leftovers from the day before for breakfast or lunch the next day. It is enough food for a full week, two meals a day, for one person.
- Submitted By Rosie Whittle on 06/10/2018Just discovered Hungryroots, a colleague brought their pad thai fried rice to work and it looked real good so we shared. I can’t remember having a better meal ever since I switched to plant based. I ordered the starter set today, if everything is as good as the rice, I’m getting a lifetime subscription :D
- Submitted By Joey Nash on 04/18/2018Everything great except for the portions, could be larger. I can eat the whole meal myself and it’s supposed to be 2 servings.
- Submitted By Lisa Henderson on 04/15/2018Got my first box yesterday, loved the packaging and everything looked and smelled really nice. I was just surprised that there are such great differences in taste and quality among meals, some were awesome and some just meh. But I guess it takes a couple of orders to figure out what you like.
- Submitted By Barbara F. on 06/03/2018Explored this option for my mother who needs low sodium meals. While prices are not cheap, they are also not unreasonable when one considers also the time needed to shop, prep + cook the same kind of meal at home. Everything super fresh and arrived in good condition. Just heat n eat. Highly recommend.
- Submitted By Ruth Cross on 12/14/2017I only order from time to time, it’s delicious and there are so many options but I can’t afford to order very often.
- Submitted By Danny Walter on 12/10/2017I like that I can build my own meals and I save quite a lot with the discounts, so if you pick your meals carefully, you get a great meal at the price of a sandwich.
- Submitted By Grace Russell, on 07/11/2017Very, very good. The food doesn’t taste like when it’s freshly prepared, but you can’t expect that much from frozen meals. And it’s still tasty.
Magic Kitchen is a meal delivery service that provides delicious meals and meal bundles for people with health conditions. It is particularly suitable for seniors, diabetics, people with food allergies, and individuals who want to eat a healthy, portion-controlled diet. Read our Magic Kitchen review to find out whether it is a good choice for you.