You no longer have to spend hours in the kitchen to eat healthy, delicious meals. Nowadays, you can order your food from meal delivery services and enjoy high-quality meals at affordable prices. Not sure whether Foodstirs or Home Chef can better meet your needs? This Foodstirs VS Home Chef comparison can help you make an informed decision!
- Average Price Per Meal: $18.34
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.95
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Shannon Kraft on 02/06/2019I purchased the organic brooklyn salted chocolate chip with sea salt brownie mix and it turned out terrible, how on earth can a brownie come out so wrong , hard as a rock on the outside so when i went to slice it it almost broke my knife, it was extremely hard the inside was fine but its all over the place and i was going to serve this to company tomorrow and it looks like i will have to make something else. very disappointing
- Submitted By Anna Robertson on 12/22/2017We loved every kit we ordered, particularly out of this world donuts. It is easier that I thought, the decorations are beautiful and I love that it’s organic.
- Submitted By Ellie Adams on 10/29/2017I’m not much of a baker and I thought that I could never make the treats look as good as the ones in the photos, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is not that hard at all. I served the cake pops and pop-corn cupcakes at a party last week, everyone loved them!
- Submitted By Tim Phillips on 10/14/2017The kits could be a bit cheaper, but you do get the molds and stuff that you get to keep, so I guess it’s ok.
- Submitted By Loretta McConnell on 10/17/2018Still the best meal kit service I’ve tried. I ordered from HC for a year, decided to try something new, but went back to HC after about a month. The only service that never disappointed me and the richest menu by far. evo jos malo user reviews :)
- Submitted By Troy Diaz on 09/19/2018I chose Home Chef because it had lunch options as well. My first order just arrived, pleasantly surprised by the quantity and quality, the recipes do not seem all that simple, but overall, I like it so far.
- Submitted By Matt on 09/15/2018Two of the last three boxes completely warm and spoiled upon arrival. I luckily noticed while my daughter was unpacking, but if I didn't we'd be sick! The "pause" button on the web site is intentionally tricky. It seems like you cancelled, but they keep sending you food. By the time you find out (a warm box of food arrives a day late), you have to pay for at least two more orders you don't want (or didn't pick out). This is because the next order is locked before you receive the first order, and so they really design everything to get you. They compete on price, not quality, so they take every possible short cut, including ice and packaging. Unfortunately, when you don't know your account is not cancelled they pick out gross meals to send, such as tofu and beets. I finally figured you have to go through 4 or 5 screens before they really cancel the account. But, I still have to pay for another box they "finalized" and will surely get here spoiled. This is the worst of the food services I have tried.
- Submitted By Justine Little on 09/05/2018I am not sure what was worse with this company the food or the customer service. I don't normally leave bad reviews but I feel compelled to do so in this case because my husband was super sick from the shrimp in my second box. I only received two shipments from this company, the first box had moldy corn in it and customer service took 4 days to get back to me about it with nothing more than a hey we are sorry about that. I canceled my subscription but not before then second box shipped. In my opinion they do not package their food adequately so the shrink wrap on the fish and shrimp was not vacuumed sealed when it arrived. That should have been my clue to through it away. The shrimp pad thai was tasteless other than the flavor of questionable shrimp. My husband only ate 4 or 5 bites and decided it was not worth taking the chance to finish, good call on his part or he may have ended up in the hospital instead of the bathroom all night. Needless to say I threw out the rest of the meals after that, what a waste of money. If I could give this company less than one star I would. Customer service terrible, food quality terrible, flavors in meals terrible. I have tried a few meal delivery service companies and this is the worst by far.
Home Chef is a meal kit delivery service that supplies you with only the freshest, highest quality ingredients. What sets it apart is the amazing variety of recipes you can choose from. To discover how the service works, what kind of recipes it offers, how much it costs, and whether it is right for you, read our detailed Home Chef review.