Bring some freshness and creativity to your everyday meals by picking a great meal delivery service. Both services offer innovative and healthy meals at reasonable prices. Check out our comprehensive True Fare VS Home Bistro comparison to learn more about both services and choose the best option for your family.
- Average Price Per Meal: $12.70
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 50 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $14.50
- Shipping Cost: $15.95-$59.95
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Plans & Pricing
|Regular Subscription Plans|
|Number of meals||Price||Price per meal|
|Whole30 Subscription Plans|
|Duration||Price||Price per meal|
|AIP Subscription Plan|
|Duration||Price||Price per meal|
|Number of meals||Price||Price per meal|
|10||$115.99 - $174.99||$11.60 - $17.50|
|$12.29 - $24.99|
|Number of bowls||Price||Price per meal|
Compare Meal Options
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Shannon Bathurst on 03/15/2018I received my 30 day fully prepared meals from True fare about 7 days ago. 30dayWhole challenge. Very simple. Pricey. But worth every dime. The price just makes me super committed to staying focused on the diet. The day I received the fully prepared meals...I got ziplock bags and went by the weekly menu and separated all 30 days into the bags. Marking them for each day and what week. That took time. But was well worth it. Then froze everything but first week. I received so much food that I even had 3 to four full bags of extra food left. Probably enough for another month or 30 days. I had started to prepare myself for this diet a week in advance. Reading all I could about it. So in one week plus the week I did preparation to be on this diet I have cut out all the sugars and processed foods and all recommended things to cut out. I Increased fresh vegetables and fruits. I have already lost in 2 weeks 10.5 pounds. Hoping to stay on diet until I loss the other 20 I need to lose. Then continue on my own making my own meals. My stomach no longer is upset everyday,I have more ambition and energy, even my back pain is going away. The prepared food is more than filling. Which totally surprised me. As I only put 3 bags in each zip lock bag and also supplement with the trail mix and fresh fruits or veggies if Im hungry. But I rarely am. This is the best I have ever felt on a diet...which feels like no diet at all. The only work involved was separating each days foods into the ziplock bags the day the food arrived. I love it and highly recommend it to anyone.
- Submitted By Sunnie Thornton on 20/20/2018I have type II diabetes and last year my doctor recommended the Whole30 program to help me manage my diabetes. I attempted the Whole30 (made it through day 27) and was completely overwhelmed by the amount of cooking, food prep, shopping, cleaning, etc. I felt like I was spending an average of three hours in the kitchen each day, and that just does not work for my schedule. The added stress of this definitely hindered the positive effects of the program as most days my stress levels were extremely high causing unstable blood sugar. This year, in another attempt to get my blood sugars under control and to improve my health in general, I decided to do the Whole30 again but this time to save up my money and purchase the TrueFare 30-day Whole30 plan. I really expected to love it considering the price tag of $900.00 ($10/meal). I definitely love the convenience of it (the food is just so-so and lacks variety, which I could handle and wouldn’t be too big of a deal on its own), but there was a major problem that I have been going back and forth with TrueFare customer service on: The nutritional information varies on 1) the food labels (that are on each individual food packet), 2) the menu flyers (that are shipped with the food), and 3) on the online nutritional information posted on the website. Here is an example of the Pork Skillet: • PROTEIN: Package: 14g; Online: 23 g • CALORIES: Package: 240; Online: 330 • CARBS: Package: 9g; Online: 14 g • FAT: Package: 16g; Online: 20g Here is an example of the Chimichurri Chicken • PROTEIN: Package: 37g; Flyer: 29 g • CALORIES: Package: 310; Flyer: 280 • FAT: Package: 15g; Flyer: 12g Another example of inconsistencies and errors: • The last meal at the bottom of Menu ‘R’ says “US Wellness Meats Grass-Fed Pink Peppercorn Braised Beef served with Organic Cauliflower Rice Pilaf.” • TrueFare prints the nutritional information on the back of the same flyer and the pairing for the beef is listed as “API Cauliflower Pilaf with Mushrooms.” • The label on the actual pairing I received was “Cauliflower Rice with Sweet Potatoes.” And of course, the nutritional information on the label obviously doesn’t match what’s on the back of the flyer. • The ingredients on the label state that there are brussels in the ingredients, but I definitely did not see any – just cauliflower and sweet potatoes. After multiple emails with TrueFare, Joseph admitted there was confusion and that they had some type of glitch / labeling issue as they were switching over from Pre-Made Paleo to TrueFare and that some products were mislabeled and incorrect. It was extremely time consuming emailing them or calling them trying to get a straight answer as to which nutritional label and ingredient lists were correct – and I’d have to do it for each discrepancy I came across. I finally gave up. On Whole30 you don’t typically track calories, macronutrients, etc., but since I am diabetic, tracking carbs is essential to my overall plan to figure out what works best for my body and I can eliminate the use of medications in controlling my blood sugar, and I stressed this fact to customer service. I communicated with TrueFare about this issue multiple times and also expressed my dissatisfaction with the issue at hand. I had asked that the *actual/correct* nutritional information for each meal be emailed to me, but that request was ignored. Nothing was done by TrueFare to rectify the situation and the only apology I got was a casual (and seemingly insincere) “sorry for the confusion.” Considering this plan was endorsed by Whole30, and considering the hefty price tag, I am highly disappointed with the issues I’ve experienced with this company and I question the integrity of what I’m eating. It would benefit TrueFare to take customer complaints more seriously and improve the customer service side of the business. I do not feel and adequate attempt was made to resolve or rectify the issues I had with my order, especially considering TrueFare was aware of the labeling issue yet continued to send food out anyway. $900 is a lot of money for most single people to spend on a months’ worth of food, and the lack of customer service and conflict resolution is truly disappointing. Unfortunately, I can’t recommend TrueFare until they are able to correct the labeling issues/glitches and improve their conflict resolution standards.
- Submitted By Julian Keegan on 06/30/2017Not the cheapest, but definitely the best paleo meals I’ve ever had. Meal pairings are my favorite!
- Submitted By Denis O’Connor on 05/21/2017I like the food, great options you’ve got over there. But I really get confused wandering around your site, pls do something about it.
- Submitted By Maria Jackson on 05/14/2018The available cookbooks use simple ingredients I've actually heard about but the meal choices are always elegant and delicious, so I can even prepare them for my friends without feeling like I'm serving them scrambled eggs.
- Submitted By Ian Cage on 05/12/2018Excellent meal delivery for people who try to steer clear of meat as much as possible but still enjoy a good steak from time to time. I'm no cooking wizard by any stretch of the imagination, so the professional service tips I got with every delivery were more than welcome.
- Submitted By Tina Carlson on 05/05/2018A great fusion of rustic and modern recipes really allows me to express my current mood through the meals I eat and serve to my partner after a hard day's work. The wine suggestions are also a neat little addition that saves a lot of time to wine ignoramuses like me
- Submitted By Cheryl burgan on 01/15/2018My son purchased 10 meals for his grandmother on dec 24....still have not received meals or has any contact been made by company about delay. Just send a refund if you are not going to ship
Home Bistro allows you to enjoy restaurant-grade delicacies in the comfort of your own home. The highly skilled kitchen team is led by a Certified Executive Chef and the ingredients are handpicked to ensure the highest standards of taste and nutrition. Read more about this company and its meal delivery service in our dedicated Home Bistro review.