We have had the pleasure to taste the amazing meals offered by both Hungryroot and HelloFresh and we completely understand if you are having a hard time deciding between the two. In this Hungryroot VS HelloFresh comparison, we highlight all the strong and weak points of these two popular services in order to help you find out which one better suits your individual needs and which one is objectively superior to the other.
- Average Price Per Meal: $69.00
- Shipping Cost: $0 *
- Delivery Area: 48 states
- Average Price Per Meal: $9.99
- Shipping Cost: $0
- Delivery Area: 48 states
Compare Meal Options
Compare Sample Meals
Compare User Reviews
- Submitted By Zina Goodin on 02/04/2019I have been eating Hungryroot for about two months now. I love it! I look forward to seeing what will be in my next box and occasionally will change something on the order to another option. It's a good value and very healthy. I got the "good life" package for just me and eat the leftovers from the day before for breakfast or lunch the next day. It is enough food for a full week, two meals a day, for one person.
- Submitted By Rosie Whittle on 06/10/2018Just discovered Hungryroots, a colleague brought their pad thai fried rice to work and it looked real good so we shared. I can’t remember having a better meal ever since I switched to plant based. I ordered the starter set today, if everything is as good as the rice, I’m getting a lifetime subscription :D
- Submitted By Joey Nash on 04/18/2018Everything great except for the portions, could be larger. I can eat the whole meal myself and it’s supposed to be 2 servings.
- Submitted By Lisa Henderson on 04/15/2018Got my first box yesterday, loved the packaging and everything looked and smelled really nice. I was just surprised that there are such great differences in taste and quality among meals, some were awesome and some just meh. But I guess it takes a couple of orders to figure out what you like.
- Submitted By roger woodruff on 09/03/2018THEFT, DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, if you dont choose a meal because you cant eat anything they have that week they just send you what ever they want to and charge you 49.92 for something you have to throw out and they dont care and wont give you your money back, if you dont choose you still get charged, thats theft i am going to sue them to make the news and let every one know how horrid they are and hopefully put them out of business. if they wont care about customers then they dont need any
- Submitted By Erin on 08/04/2018I love Hello Fresh! This is the best meal box I've ever used! The food is always fresh and high quality and the meals are delicious! I get the two meals for two people a week plan and I easily have 4 dinners. When I first opened the box, I thought there was no way those meals were big enough, but oh boy were they! Whenever I get tacos, I have enough meat and toppings for at least 3 meals! I am a very happy customer!
- Submitted By Christine M on 08/01/2018Evidently, when you order you are signed up for weekly auto renew. Supposedly it is on the sign up page (this is what the customer service rep told me). However, I have no evidence of this as there is ZERO documentation of the auto renew in your receipt or any of the emails you get sent. They would not take back the box after it was delievered. I will be disputing the charge through my credit card, and others in the same position should do the same until they have more transparent business practices.
- Submitted By Barbara on 07/26/2018We have been receiving hello fresh without any problems until last week. Not only was Robert extremely accommodating refunding our entire purchase a free box of food was sent as well. The food is always fresh, and the ecipes are easy to follow( my husband and daughter are cooking?). Thank you again Hello Fresh.
HelloFresh provides you with incredibly fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes, helping you create tasty, home-cooked dishes without all the hassle of having to shop and plan. Find out more about this famous meal kit delivery service in our objective HelloFresh review.